What's your lap?

April 12, 2013, 7:20 p.m.

What's your shore lap? On a given day or a weekend what is your "go to" lap? We all have a routine.

1) what type of riding do you like?
2) what mountain?
3) trail(s)

For me:

1) I like fast rocky/rooty downhill with drops.
2) fromme
3) pipeline to floppy to natural high

April 12, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

This trail to that trail and maybe the other trail depending on if I'm feeling it or not.

April 12, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

If I lack time a quick slash down bobsled feeds the adrenaline for a day.

If I got 2+ hours I'll go CBC/Cork/Boogieman

If I have more time it's the signature Upper lower Red R on Burke to last run.

Clunking is for retards.

April 12, 2013, 7:36 p.m.

1. "Max XC"…(I just made that up)
2. Squampton
3. Recycle [HTML_REMOVED] Fred [HTML_REMOVED] WOM [HTML_REMOVED] STP [HTML_REMOVED] Somewhere Over There

April 12, 2013, 7:56 p.m.

My favorite line is 7th to Ladies to Lower Skull. This is the most fun lap for me on Fromme. I actually think Skull is pretty flowy for steep and tech.

April 12, 2013, 8:31 p.m.

My favorite line is 7th to Ladies to Lower Skull. This is the most fun lap for me on Fromme. I actually think Skull is pretty flowy for steep and tech.

I second that but add Lower Ladies

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 13, 2013, 12:47 a.m.

1) super steep loam/root dh with the occasional rock garden and drop
2)seymour
3) corkscrew/pingu

April 13, 2013, 6:52 a.m.

pipeline, floppy, natural high, immonator (am I right on this one) and then down the road to my place.

Since I'm in lynn Valley Fromme is my go to mountain. Plus it keeps me fit.

I tried lower ladies and got my ass handed to me with a side of humble pie :( I keep looking at lower skull and going past because I either don't have a full face and I'm on the smaller bike. This year will change that hopefully

April 13, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

A typical XC high intensity loop a couple of times a week on the weenie 80mm travel hardtail is from North Road trails on Burnaby Mountain to the south side gravel road, then a hammer up Pandora to try beat my previous lap times there, and then down on Nicoles, back up on Trans Candada, then down on upper and lower gear jammer. These laps are whammy workouts, especially if you plunge down on the descents right away after the climbs without waiting to catch your breath after the big climbs.

To work on technical climbing while still keeping at steadier upper HR is just going back forth on Bridle, and then finishing on Bottle Top. If it is a longer day, crossing over to Dempsey road and up to Bobsled and coming back down on Griffin.

On the cushier mattress bike, lapping on Ned's and then back up and down on Severed or Pangor.

On the sunny weekends, if a lot of other riders are out, to Burke and pretty much any random trail I see other people doing, occasionally sneaking in a few hill interval sessions on the fire road climbs. I don't like to be out there riding alone, since traffic is low and don't want to risk the bear encounters… I think I have irrationally convinced myself the chances of that are higher on Burke than the other places I ride… not sure why, it just feels more "back country" out there.

:bandit:

April 13, 2013, 10:57 a.m.

I usually take the bus from downtown to ride since I don't have a car, so if I'm riding Fromme I aim for something that will pop me out for the Seabus, or on Seymour I try to end my ride at Phibbs Exchange.

Typical Fromme:
- Floppy Bunny or Bobsled Warmup
- Ladies Only, Pipeline or Expresso
- Either back to the water tower then Floppy Bunny [HTML_REMOVED] Natural High [HTML_REMOVED] Griffen SBs or out Lower Crippler

Typical Seymour:
- Old Buck [HTML_REMOVED] Pangor [HTML_REMOVED] Bridle [HTML_REMOVED] Old Buck [HTML_REMOVED] Severed [HTML_REMOVED] Bridle [HTML_REMOVED] Bottletop or Will's Way

April 13, 2013, 9:52 p.m.

my solo go-to lap is:
7th-Ladies-BP-Bobsled or

7th-Lepoard-Krinkum-Ladies-BP-Bobsled

Seymour is Old Buck-Severed-Scrotum-Salamander-Sticks and stones-Bridal-Empress Bypass.

April 13, 2013, 11:06 p.m.

1) Any type of riding, really. But I prefer natural features over woodwork.
2) Seymour's my favourite mountain.
3) Old Buck, Baden, Incline, Corkscrew, Pingu, Severed, Scrotum, Applicator, Rapid Transit, Salamander, Bridle, Bypass.

Ride, don't slide.

April 14, 2013, 12:43 a.m.

What's your shore lap? On a given day or a weekend what is your "go to" lap? We all have a routine.

1) what type of riding do you like?
2) what mountain?
3) trail(s)

For me:

1) I like fast rocky/rooty/technical downhill with drops. The climb up is enjoyable as well. Faster the better.
2) All three.
3) *On the map…
Seymour: Climb Old buck to Mushroom, TNT, Dales, C-Buster, lower seymour extravaganza, bean.
Fromme: Dempsey, Mtn hwy, Bookwus, grannies, Dempsey.
Seymour: Wade's guide to the Shore Cypress AM loop. Buy the book and you'll know.

April 14, 2013, 3:29 p.m.

1) Semi fast and jumpy with intermittent sections of gnarly rock rolls.
2) I can't list my favorite lap on the interwebs. I'd be pitch forked.

April 14, 2013, 3:34 p.m.

My current quickie / friend wants an intro to some fun trails loop, with lots of expansion options:

1. all of it, but this is an XC loop.
2. Lower Seymour
Park at Hyannis
Hyannis to Bridle
Salamander full length E-W
Sticks n Stones to Bridle
Climb Bridle (skipping Sticks and Stoners)
Push up Applicator (high lining and mastering new cruxes)
Rapid Transit
Salamander W-E
Bridle to Hyannis
Car

flickr