What's the weirdest thing you've come across whilst in the trails?

May 10, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

Wrong. Always.

May 10, 2012, 4:40 p.m.

Strangest THING I never want to see on the trails is a Buster Bluth.

May 10, 2012, 4:50 p.m.

Strangest THING I never want to see on the trails is a Buster Bluth.

That crossed my mind. Watch out for a transgender person with a neck like a giraffe wearing purple tivas and with no bike.

Cheers Ben

May 10, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

Might not count because it was in Surrey.

Was with a couple buddies when we were about 14 in Green Timbers Park building some stunts, look up to see a fat man in full sweatsuit watching us and jerking it. Needless to say, we quickly found a new place to build illegal stunts. We actually found it more funny than scarring hahah it is Surrey after all.

Accidentally stumbling upon Elmotm was pretty fucking sweet. Will never respect DNV for how they handled that.

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

May 10, 2012, 7:01 p.m.

I got attacked by an owl once in Squamish too, that was pretty sweet.

same here.

i remember being way out in the hidden trails where very few people travel, it was 10pm and we just finished hiking in for an hour to start our night ride. we sat down to have a beer, i let out a hoot that the hike-a-bike was over, and someone further out in the middle of nowhere started yelling back weird shit. needless to say, we drank our beer and started pinning it downhill.

May 10, 2012, 7:18 p.m.

Almost T Boned a porcupine a couple of years ago.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 10, 2012, 7:38 p.m.

^ Saw that once. Scariest thing ever.

May 10, 2012, 8:05 p.m.

Well since I venture out into the middle of buttfuckall for epics, I have something to share.

A friend and I were strolling through one of the local mountains, and I seen something what looked like a hairy leg in the bush, so I jumped to the conclusion that it was a cougar, we slowed down our pace and kept going.

Looking through the bushes, we did not see a cougar, but we seen a man, sitting there, looking at the sky. He was also very far. The friend thought he was bird watching, I thought he was meditating, either way I was frightened and weirded out at this point.

Then his head moved with such roboticness and with a blank stare, he sat. So I waved at him and he waved back. Then went on with my day.

Possibly the weirdest most disturbing thing I have seen. To this day I still wonder what he was doing.

gerewh0re

i've tried sticking it in her butt and peeing, she feels that is more a gift for me than her.

May 10, 2012, 8:22 p.m.

weird and freaky:
was riding burke at night, solo, on a trail i know very well. the forest was quiet, all i could hear was my breathing, and the sounds of my tires on the trail. stopped to catch my breath just above a creek near the end the trail. dead quiet. then suddenly a branch cracked. considered yelling out "who's there", but ended up pedalling like a bat out of hell through the last 15 feet of trail.

haven't ridden burke at night solo since.

May 10, 2012, 8:54 p.m.

I got attacked by an owl once in Squamish too, that was pretty sweet.

We got attacked by one in Pacific Spirit park while night riding.

May 10, 2012, 8:57 p.m.

Back when I was about 10 a few of us rode up on a hippie gang bang. (Complete with converted school bus).

I'll always remember the girl saying "Hi Boys!".

May 10, 2012, 9:02 p.m.

We came across a moose, standing on the trail ahead of us last fall up by Spruce Lake. It finally turned and trotted off down the trail with us following.

I had a stand off with a buck deer on Sun Peaks on one of DH trails near the top. He was coming up, I was riding down. Eventually I waited long enough he stepped off the trail so I rode past.

May 10, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

Homicide scene at White Pines park, maybe 10-12 years ago-. The road into the park was closed, but we had ridden up and over from the Buntzen Lake side (Bear Paw??) so we came down toward Sasamat and were surrounded by cops.

Some kid had been shot in a drug deal gone bad. Body was gone, but there was a LOT of blood stain on the pavement.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 10, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

Fromme. Some guys were pedalling up the road.

May 10, 2012, 9:25 p.m.

Just started pushing up Eagle Ridge [HTML_REMOVED] we interrupted a john [HTML_REMOVED] his "date" conducting business. Dude was pretty red in the face and awkwardly said hello as we passed.

Thread killer