what type of trail

Aug. 22, 2005, 4:15 p.m.

It would be finished and not hyped on the internet.

well dave, the project becase i bit bigger than i intended - my imagination got away from me a bit. as for the hype on the internet, i figured it would be a great idea to show the progress of a new trail so people could see good building practices. sorry fro trying to educate the masses a bit.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 22, 2005, 5:14 p.m.

First off, to get to the trail a 1 hour lung-buster-like climb would be in order to seperate the worthy and the fair-weather folk. The climb would go straight up the mountain to maximize vertical feet compared to climbing time. There would be various view lookouts along the way, to break up the boring boulder filled climb.

Once at the top there would be natural wooden benches strategically placed to aid in fueling and armouring up. The first part of the trail would be very techinical, with big roots, large rocks, steep steeps, and various obstacles strewn across the tight trail. This would warm you up and get the blood pumping in all cyclidars quickly.

Then, the trail would widen out and there would be a wooden playground made of A-frames, roller-coasters, teeter-totters, and high and low, fat and skinny wooden ladders and log rides. There would be numerous different lines for so you could mix and match obstacles all connected with ladders. At the end of the playground there would be a spiralling ladder similar to a corkscrew.

Next you would drop into the next section of trail via one of 4 ladder drops, similar to the Joyride Drop Park at Whistler. Sizes would vary from a 4 foot drop to a 12 foot drop. The next section would be a super buff switchbacking trail (avec large buff berms of course) with step ups, step downs, drops and jumps all incorporated to make a super fast and fun trail. It would be similar to Blood Donor at the woodlot, except longer and with stunts similar to Dirt Merchants. At the top of this section, if you listened very carefully, you would hear BC/DC's "For Those About To Ride" playing, pumping you up like never before.

After this section of trail it would taper down into a mellower singletrack that sent you racing through the trees, with only small roots and rocks to slow you down. The singletrack would be on a slightly downhill slope, and the numerous turns would have no berms so that you would really have to trust your rubber.

This is my dream trail :love:

Aug. 22, 2005, 8:57 p.m.

all of the above in one long trail would be cool… aren't we lucky that we have so many different trails around here to satisfy our needs even if not in one trail?!

Aug. 22, 2005, 9:10 p.m.

..tech skinny section ending in off camber drop that hips into steep tranny followed by multiple berm, hit, berm, step up, step down, berm, gapper, into another tech skinny section…..and repeat several times over

Aug. 22, 2005, 9:38 p.m.

Id like to see a trail designed and built by the big Dipper……..:)

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 22, 2005, 9:42 p.m.

Id like to see a trail designed and built by the big Dipper……..:)

Id show you but Id have to kill you

Aug. 22, 2005, 9:46 p.m.

Id show you but Id have to kill you

well you could show me and then TRY!!!!

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 23, 2005, 9:32 a.m.

someone would have to be up there every day blocking the ride around…

what if the entire entrance was a HUGE rock and the easiest way down was the rock sequence? sure you could walk your bike down, but there would be no way around riding the rocks :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Aug. 23, 2005, 9:59 a.m.

It would be finished and not hyped on the internet.

Seriously, could you _possibly _ be more of a grouch? :lol:

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

Aug. 24, 2005, midnight

that was a low blow and I think you should stfu.

Dipper's likely put in more hours than most on and off this board for the good of the sport. You may not agree with his comments, but show some respect. He's earned it.

Aug. 24, 2005, 7:26 p.m.

mine would be quite similar to shotgun at the woodlot. maybe just more steeper sections, a few more jumps/stunts and longer. Pretty simple but you can ride it faster every time.

minus signature

Aug. 24, 2005, 7:46 p.m.

the yshould have an old person/nsmba forum for old buildiers to bitch about each other.

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Aug. 24, 2005, 8:07 p.m.

the yshould have an old person/nsmba forum for old buildiers to bitch about each other.

omfg ur so kewl and l#eet are u spawcered? can i be just like you? pleeezze?

or maybe you could just go away and lick klingons from your mothers hairy butt crack

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 24, 2005, 10:47 p.m.

hahahahahahaha nice one mark :lol:

Aug. 24, 2005, 10:50 p.m.

I would love a combination of all of those. Mixture of Schleyer, A-line, Original Sin, Angry Pirate and Clownshoes would be prime.