What is your home shop?

Oct. 6, 2006, 10:56 p.m.

On Top

mmmm….carbon

Oct. 7, 2006, 6 a.m.

Cap's Sapperton for service on the endless warranteed breakage . . . Marie is invaluable.

Otherwise: On Top, Steed, Reckless, Cove and both Dizzy shops. I especially like the feel, experience and stock at On Top.
Also like Different Bikes and even the mess called Edmonds Cycle: some good buys at times.

Not too fond of Snowcovers of John Henry for that matter . . . but the need to look takes me everywhere and all too often.

Recently I accidently discovered the at the back/bottom of the new commercial centre at Univercity/SFU . . . small but not badly supplied . . . doubt it will survive the winter though.

fall any fall line

Oct. 7, 2006, 6:02 p.m.

Lou, Matt and James at Dizzy's NV have the best service on the shore!

On Top builds the best wheels!

And both support the NSMBA through the Rippers and Trail days! That's where my money goes.

Amen Sven
Here's to you Uncle Lou

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Oct. 7, 2006, 6:09 p.m.

I used to go there too. Both Sean and Dale were awesome.

I go to Cyclepath on Broadway (know the owner from when I worked at Cyclepath on 10th). Bob, Joel and Steve always treat me very well.

I've occasionally bought stuff from Steed and again great service.

Dave

Thumbs up for the Cyclepath, they were so fantasitic when I bought my bike. For a novice rider, they really went out of their way to help me with everything I needed, and gave me a pretty excellent deal as well. Service was and still is top knotch. Plus, there are some hotties that work in that shop. :woot:

Oct. 7, 2006, 7:21 p.m.

used to go to rocky cycle, great if you are dealing with "tony" the mechanic for repairs but terrible if you are dealing with the owner.
white rock cycle is absolutely fantastic bike shop, nicest people ever.

ride more, post less.

Oct. 7, 2006, 7:30 p.m.

Cove … crap customer service to female riders.

they were also crap in terms of customer service when it came to younger riders but recently i went in there and i had great service(still young - 16). super friendly helpful service completely changed my outlook at that shop. i would put that shop in my top 5.

ride more, post less.

Oct. 7, 2006, 11:36 p.m.

Tim's Bike Shop in Everett. I don't really go to shops much, do most of my own work and buy parts online but when I need something done that I'm too lazy or skill-less to do myself I go to Tim's and they always take care of me. Bought two bikes for my wife there, always a good deal and very helpful, and they ride the same or similar trails that I do so when I have a problem they understand exactly where I'm coming from and can help fix it directly. Also skilled wheelsmiths. So good that I drive two hours each way to go there, passing many lesser shops on the way.

Oct. 8, 2006, 9 a.m.

used to go to rocky cycle, great if you are dealing with "tony" the mechanic for repairs but terrible if you are dealing with the owner.
white rock cycle is absolutely fantastic bike shop, nicest people ever.

technically white rock cycle isnt there anymore….its called south surrey cycle now..
not too many bsp fans out there eh??whats the deal with that…

Oct. 8, 2006, 10:19 a.m.

Kim Steed is one of my best friends, so Steed will always be my #1 shop. He's just a nice guy who's about as upfront and honest as you can get (are you gonna buy more stuff from me now?).

Most shops on the Shore are good. Dan at On Top has always been good to me, Willy at JH has done a lot, and James Wilson is another good guy who knows his shiat. Dave at BSP is another trustworthy young lad.

I'm just getting to know some of the interior shops. While most are good in some way, there are a few that I won't step into again as an agent and a customer.

Oct. 8, 2006, 10:38 a.m.

I'm just getting to know some of the interior shops. While most are good in some way, there are a few that I won't step into again as an agent and a customer.

Any specific shops that are good in Kamloops?

Oct. 8, 2006, 11 a.m.

Bicycle Cafe !!!, im not just saying this because i ride for the shop, but because they treat all customers equal wether they know them or not. I am there almost every day, and i dont get any special attention, nor that i should be… The key in finding a good shop is to look around for sure, and see how the people treat and react to you. Yes do try to get to know them and stuff, but thats how relationships start with shops. Anytime you see them around town you say hello, go on rides with them… I dont know what else to say, but i have a very strong relationship with the Cafe and i know that others do as well.

2008 Stinky air $2500
please buy me.
email is: g_agassiz@hotmail

Kona
Sombrio
Nike 6.0
Smith optics
Marzocchi
Shimano
Giro

Oct. 8, 2006, 11:15 a.m.

…and The Full Boar too Aggy. Those guys are awesome.

Oct. 8, 2006, 11:16 a.m.

Cap's Sapperton for service on the endless warranteed breakage . . . Marie is invaluable.

I wonder why they choose to keep the store closed on Sundays? I guess that they haven't realized that Sat. [HTML_REMOVED] Sun. are the main riding days for people who work Mon. to Fri.

Oct. 8, 2006, 11:28 a.m.

Bicycle Cafe in Kamloops. Great staff,fun place,great selection. Cheryl is always heplful and has alot of knowledge.Taylor and Brock are great wrenches.Been a customer since they opened there doors.

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Oct. 8, 2006, 12:39 p.m.

…and The Full Boar too Aggy. Those guys are awesome.

The Full Boar Guys seem like you've gotta be buds with them to get good service. I went in there in August and they seemed like a bunch of buds who've been doin' drugs since they were 12. Not the type of guys I'd like to associate with.

Their pricing was a little high, too; $5 more ($35 vs $30) for CKD compared to the Cafe.

Your milage may vary.