what is the deal with santa cruz

Aug. 12, 2005, 10:03 a.m.

deal with it?

im pretty sure everything i ordered was in stock, i was at the shop when they phoned santa cruz to make sure. oh well

That is the problem with them, according to customer service they always have what you ask for, because they can't be bothered to actually check. Good luck, I hope you get it soon, and I hope they ship the correct stuff, but be careful pressuring them, they will just fire out whatever they have to get you off their case, it would be best to ask for what alternative options you have for colour, then make a choice.

Aug. 12, 2005, 10:12 a.m.

When I bought my wife's Heckler, one shop said 4-6 month wait and I wouldn't get a choice in colour. Went to Steed and Kim said give me 5 minutes to make a call. 5 minutes later he says, I pulled a favour, we can have exactly what you're looking for here in 2 days. And I had never stepped inside Steed before that day. That's some good service.

I think with Santa Cruz it's best to find a shop that will located a bike for you, rather than deal with ordering.

Aug. 12, 2005, 11:53 a.m.

Agreed. I got exactly what I wanted from Kim too. Go there first.

Aug. 12, 2005, 12:31 p.m.

I agree completely. Kim has done a super job building his Santa Cruz biz. He holds WAY more stock than anyone else and treats his customers with respect. As a result, Santa Cruz jump through hoops for him (he's the only one around town with the Nomad and Blur LT). All the bike shops on the shore are amazing, but if you want a SC, Steed's is clearly the place to go.

Aug. 12, 2005, 1:26 p.m.

When I ordered my Heckler frameset in January, my North Shore LBS (not even going to mention their name b/c it's not their fault) called Santa Cruz and they said the had a medium silver ano with a DHX in stock and they would ship it in a week. A few days later SC called the LBS and said it turns out that silver ano wasn't available and that it would be at least 2 more weeks. (I prolly got bumped.) Anyway - I decided to wait for silver ano. It took at least 8 weeks (I stopped counting) and when I got the frame, the DHX was no longer available. Pissed me off. That was my 3rd Santa Cruz and I'm off their bandwagon. (At least for now.)

Aug. 12, 2005, 1:30 p.m.

Glad you liked it.

after that endo I think I was in a state of semi-shock(even more than normal) for the rest of the ride..I think I tested my healed collerbone pretty good..held up , right on!

losing my edge.. :crybaby:

Aug. 12, 2005, 11:31 p.m.

well it got here today, nothing got screwed up and i got a couple free shirts and a hoodie out of it. i am happy.

Aug. 14, 2005, 3:25 p.m.

4 Weeks… Aaaaah, there there, in Peak Season it takes them a bit longer… Took me 6 monthes to get my frame… I guess you don't have to much to complain about :P

|| www.steedcycles.com || www.sram.com || www.rockshox.com ||

Aug. 14, 2005, 6:43 p.m.

Its never the shops fault. (at least when it comes to SC) SC told the shop where I ordered my blur that it would be in in about 1 month. Yea, right, try 6 months. First they said they were just late with shippment, than they said they could not get my Trans Red color right, then they were quiet for a couple weeks, then out of knowhere, it showed up. (six months later of coarse)

In your Face, in your Face!!!

(as Peter thrusts his groin toward Meg)

Aug. 14, 2005, 8:57 p.m.

i heard something at the lbs today about problems at the border crossing. Maybe that's where it got held up. Dunno, that sucks though.

me fail english… that's unpossible.
Ralphy.