What happened to mountian biking??

March 13, 2005, 12:22 p.m.

Originally posted by whistler110
…a few beers at the end of the day?

more than a few….

the only time I compare laps is after whistler, after riding fromme once I'm just too lazy to point the bike uphill again

magik red blood hot sugar chili sex peppers

March 13, 2005, 3:16 p.m.

Originally posted by taprider
"Build Bridges not Wall Rides" is laugh out loud funny (how come there isn't laugh my guts out icon?)
Sooke is probably too young to get it, or he wasn't paying attention in geography or history class ;)

glad someone enjoyed it ;)

son of a stromatolite !

March 14, 2005, 2:38 a.m.

The kids starting these new trends aren't mountain bikers. They're BMX'ers having an identity crisis.

www.natooke.com

March 14, 2005, 7:26 a.m.

Originally posted by "Bukkake"
The kids starting these new trends aren't mountain bikers. They're BMX'ers having an identity crisis.

how do clothes affect what bike u ride. :???:

Originally posted by hobo man
instead of using green blue black so on, i thoink we should have waaaaayyy too easy for geoff gulevich. easy for geoff gulevich, neutral for geoff gulevich, and geoff gulevich being fi;lmed by digger for nsx series standards.

March 14, 2005, 7:56 a.m.

Originally posted by sooke hooligan
how do clothes affect what bike u ride. :???:

jeans and long baggies get caught in the chain

March 14, 2005, 9:14 a.m.

Yes indeed. There's riding and then there's riding.

Ride More Bitch Less

March 14, 2005, 9:38 a.m.

Originally posted by "Bukkake"

I think "Mountain Biking" is having an identity crisis. How many times have you heard XC riders say that DHing isn't true mountain biking yet that's how it started in Marin with the repack crowd, they were shuttling to DH then they added gears to get up the hills easier. Oh no, now they're XC. Then comes the Shore with it's technical moves and harsh terrain that requires moves like wheeley drops, which we didn't invent we took from trials. Time goes by and the equipement gets better and we start going faster, start looking for more jumps and flow and start using skills that, OH MY G*D, BMXers have been doing for years before us just on different terrain. Now you have DH parks where we don't climb much, MMMHHH, sounds like shuttling but without the vehicles. Back to the top.

Mountain biking doesn't need to be pigeon wholed, that's what makes it soo great.

How many of you that have been riding for more than 5 years are still riding the same type of rig on the same terrain with the same skills? Better yet how many of us only have one kind of bike?

What do you feel like doing with your bike today?

March 14, 2005, 8:17 p.m.

Originally posted by whistler110
How many of you that have been riding for more than 5 years are still riding the same type of rig on the same terrain with the same skills?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 14, 2005, 8:26 p.m.

ahaha Man people worry too much! Trends come and go…and we're all gunna look back in 5 years and think we looked like idiots anyways so dress and ride how you like to, trendy or not.:D

March 14, 2005, 8:32 p.m.

Originally posted by switch
So, kinda like Johnny Cash?

No way. Nothing like Cash. More crying in high pitch tones and more bitching about teenage love. Also more black hair.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

March 14, 2005, 8:38 p.m.

ahhh BULLSHIT!

i doubt you rode a 6 and 6 bike 5 yrs ago

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 14, 2005, 8:39 p.m.

Just ride in this and youre way cool.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

March 14, 2005, 9:04 p.m.

QUOTE:
So, kinda like Johnny Cash?

No way Cash was cool

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 14, 2005, 9:17 p.m.

Originally posted by synchro
**ahhh BULLSHIT!

i doubt you rode a 6 and 6 bike 5 yrs ago **

Maybe not but I just assembled a knockoff of my 1992 bike, albeit with discs instead of forst run XTR canti's. Full rigid coming to a trail near you :cool:

Ride More Bitch Less

March 14, 2005, 9:40 p.m.

Originally posted by Ned
Maybe not but I just assembled a knockoff of my 1992 bike, albeit with discs instead of forst run XTR canti's. Full rigid coming to a trail near you :cool:

I ride a full rigid occasionally too, I just can't do it all that often as my ankles and hands don't take the beating like they used to.

Built the bike up to fool around on as a beginner trials, but I've ended up using it riding trails more.

Back then I used to ride a GT Avalanche in a larger frame size so this is very close, other than the Maguras are much better than the canti [HTML_REMOVED] U-brake combo on the Avalanche!