What do u wear?

Nov. 21, 2005, 11:16 a.m.

Nice Judy…
I am surprised you can move…Besides women don't sweat, they glisten.

Good thing you have something new to wear on the second lap though, wouldn't want to be seen in the same thing twice.

:lol:

That's "Old women sweat, young girls glisten"

Thank you Captain Beefheart.

I wear shorts under some nylon pants, and a synthetic jersey under a hoodiy, unless it's realy pissing out and then its full Helly Hansen rubbers for me.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Nov. 21, 2005, 11:42 a.m.

It only took a day before someone said rubbers.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 21, 2005, 11:43 a.m.

Neoprene socks are good to use. They keep your feet warm while wet. You can get them in the paddling department at MEC.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 21, 2005, 12:01 p.m.

damn you guys :lol:

Nov. 21, 2005, 12:38 p.m.

pants.

Nov. 21, 2005, 2:14 p.m.

I wear shorts with my full leg armor, double socks (thermal and wool), On top…I have no fancy clothes for my top…I use whatever old t-shirt (I know…cotton is REALLY bad) I have with usually a fleece vest and my arm armor…if its real cold I will break out my thermal top and wear it…

I need to invest on more winter clothing….

Nov. 21, 2005, 2:51 p.m.

hoodie, jacket in its raining, or just a t shirt under my jersey

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 21, 2005, 3:51 p.m.

for those who know me as H-Core know that i ride in the pissing rain in a t-shirt and shorts. i put on some baggy jeans when it snows though…

bikes:
04 norco 4by w/ 05 sherman firefly :(
07 KTM 144sx :)

I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.

Nov. 21, 2005, 4:03 p.m.

I have the old school roach leg armour, so they're pretty much like pants, so I just wear shorts and those. When it's really cold, I wear my winter running looks for another word but can't find one tights under my armour and shorts.

Nov. 21, 2005, 4:08 p.m.

HA HA M@M wears freaking tights. Just wear the same thing as usual, maybe with a warmer top. Its freezing at first, but that's better than being cold later.

uhh…is that against the law? and thats only when its really cold and raining. tights are uncomfortable when worn while riding. just shorts allow more movement IMO.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Nov. 21, 2005, 4:33 p.m.

We get alot of 0 to -10 or so riding up here this time of year and its pretty cold for night riding

100s polartec tights with riding shorts over that ,also use em for coldweather running,for xc skiing,for alpine skiikng inside gortex shell pants,under a windsuit in the BC,for paddling inside a drysuit or alone with neorprene shorts a very useful piece of clothing

on top a sugoi jacket with layers underneath that and a mec microft jacket for in the pack

I got pair of spd shoes that were always a little big which I can put extra socks in or I got neoprene covers for my regular shoes

Nov. 21, 2005, 5:12 p.m.

I usually wear a heavyer jacket or fleecy hoodie thing.

For my head, I just wear my ski helmet. It's insulated already and works wonders cause I can layer the inside depending on how warm I want it to be. It's a pretty sweet deal actually.

Gloves, well… I usually wear my bike gloves with a liner or something. I was tihnking of getting a neopreen liner - but then the sweat would build up inside and that would suck ass anyway, so i guess it'll be just gloves of some sort…hahah

Nov. 21, 2005, 6:06 p.m.

I am commuting to work by bike:

My preferred outfit is:

Oakley shorts w/ padded inshorts, leg warmers, long-sleeved bike jersey (the MEC ones), fleece vest (made for cycling, has a tight fit and is thinner fleece on the back for breathability), and my goretex cycling jacket. I wear a hat under my helmet and XC ski gloves. Since I coast down a long hill to get to work I have to get dressed for colder weather than the thermostat says. For the way home I usually wear less of the layers I came to work in as pedalling up to SFU gets me overheated quite quick.

If it's extra cold I wear skiing long johns and my goretex bike pants instead of the shorts.

edit: For freeriding in the cold I wear a jersey, maybe armour over it (depending on trail difficulty), and then my hoodie. I've never been cold in this outfit and I used to ride in Ontario.

-m

Nov. 21, 2005, 6:31 p.m.

its alot colder than one might think, simply because its so damn wet. Even like snowboarding too u just get wet and it makes u cold. I swear i was way colder at seymour last week than when i was boaring in -30 in the interior. I dress warmer than u think u might need and then take it off it your warm.

Nov. 21, 2005, 6:35 p.m.

Out here in TO snowboard jacket that barely breaths, wool socks with seal socks if necessary, toque, warm gloves, winter tights, shorts, vest, fleece hoodie, and whatever else might be needed that day. That's on the commute to work.

On the MTB some type of MX pant with tights underneath and and similar on top.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk