What are your top 7 BC trails?

March 27, 2015, 2:24 p.m.

my favorite is ranked 1132. I guess I have no clue on what makes a good trail. ignore everything I said.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 27, 2015, 6:30 p.m.

Squamish.

1) tramp stamp
2) g-string
3) boney elbows
4) Fred
5) Pretty slabs - to lily pad exit
6) Getafix
7) Teenage Sex

Fair bit of bias in my list, as I built them with my son.

March 27, 2015, 9:01 p.m.

TKO first half so good like speeder biking through Endor
JTR last section so good like speeder biking through Endor
Reserectum (in early spring before too dry) yes before the trail turns in a sand dune like Tatooine

FYP

Shed head!

March 27, 2015, 9:57 p.m.

Squamish.

1) tramp stamp
2) g-string
3) boney elbows
4) Fred
5) Pretty slabs - to lily pad exit
6) Getafix
7) Teenage Sex

Fair bit of bias in my list, as I built them with my son.

Gryphon is the best trail builder in town ;)
3 on that list you need to show me when you're back on the bike.

March 27, 2015, 10:01 p.m.

just remembered this….Kashmir RAW in 2008, first fall it was open, I fell in love, and still am…very different now though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDsP6_5oS2w

March 27, 2015, 10:29 p.m.

1- Rupert (Squamish)- it makes me thankful for dogs, and for the artistry of trail building.

2- Knob-Gobbler (Sumas…circa 1998 ) When this was loam, it was the closest I ever came to surfing on dirt. First intro to long log rides, short steeps, and wheelie drops.

3 - Comfortably Numb (Whistler) The spandex clad weenie inside me empties his lungs in exaltation.

4- 49er (Nelson) This was about being on a trail, while being somewhere else. Old mining cars and rails in the woods. Rich Kootenay earth, fresh cedar, and a cup of dark coffee at Oso Negro.

5- No Horses (Hornby Island) The summer of ride, 1992, Hornby Island Bike Fest. Singletrack heaven in a strange and friendly land. Bob's Your Uncle played the after party, I rode laps of No Horses until my legs fell off.

6 - Somewhere Over There (Squamish)- Artistry of trails part deux. Thank the builders. Solo night missions, seeing owls in the big trees. Riding a trail that feels like it was custom tailored just for me, like a pair of perfect jeans.

7 - Mount 7 Psychosis [race route] (Golden) - Knowing fear, and moving past it. Cold sweat at speed, and too young and stupid to know any better. Numb knuckles at the bottom, bugs in the teeth, cold beers by the Kicking Horse.

We can all agree that 7 only is a tough task. For myself, it comes down to the 7 best memories I have of riding- trail preference is so incredibly subjective. It's not about the trails themselves in a sense, but rather the experiences we have upon them.

March 28, 2015, 9:28 a.m.

also grandiflorum/grand wazoo in castlegar. fun, plus it ended on my street.

^ did this at spring break, road was snow free to 8km, trails dry, also the awakener (minus the massive stunts!)

March 28, 2015, 10:53 a.m.

All about the vertical so my favorite combo around here is

Goldie Heights - Upper Goldmember - Lucky Charms - Party Wife - Waldorfian. Nice solid descent, once you've done it a couple of times every other trail just feels way too… short

Single favorite trail in the area would be The Vein, it was the very first trail I rode when I moved here 10 years ago, still remains one of the best out there IMO.

Party Wife? I've always done Gold Rush after Lucky Charms. Where is Party Wife wrt to Lucky and Gold Rush?

March 28, 2015, 8:09 p.m.

FYP

been a while since you rode JTR?. shit been logged like a rapist (or something). in fact I never got to ride the bottom before it got hacked. much love for JTR though, from the valley up only, every thing else is cheating. yeah I said it.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 29, 2015, 7:23 a.m.

been a while since you rode JTR?. shit been logged like a rapist (or something). in fact I never got to ride the bottom before it got hacked. much love for JTR though, from the valley up only, every thing else is cheating. yeah I said it.

Haven't ridden it since 2013 but I knew about the logging. Too bad.

Shed head!

March 29, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

I've only been living in Van for about 3 years and since I don't own a vehicle I don't get much of a chance to ride outside of the North shore as often as I like so I'm gonna list my favorite Shore trails/lap

One of my favorite laps lately is 7th or bookwus then upper Crippler/lower ladies back up to ladies to Skull. Boogieman is so much fun as well

March 29, 2015, 12:19 p.m.

if i told you id probably be dead

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

March 31, 2015, 11:25 p.m.

my favs:

Cheshire Cat (any summer evening)
Entrails (when it was fresh)
Corkscrew/Salvation/Pangor/Empress lap(with the Gong Show crew rainy Sunday mornings)
Dirt Merchant and Aline (when they were first built)
Anything on Burke back in the Canti and V-brake days
GK Ripper DH portion (funnest races ever)
yeah.. I'm old

April 11, 2015, 10:03 a.m.

Great thread, giving me some ideas for trips this year and bringing back some good memories! I feel like I've only ridden a fraction of the trails BC has to offer, but here is what comes to mind:

Al-Matador to 3-Kings (Fernie) - over 1,000m descent with a little of everything including exposed alpine, tight steep tech, and built up stunts /logrides

Slunt to Brokeback (Fernie) - fast ripper, one of the best lines in Fernie

Martha Creek (Revy) - I love big vert and this is one of the biggest, seems like an endless descent

Upper Oil-Can (Fromme) - Love the log rides and rolldowns, I remember how stoked I was the first time i cleaned UOC top to bottom without stopping

Wonderland (Squamish) - Favorite trail to hit with the GF, she loves it and I love it

Nicoles (Burnaby) - This is the trail I grew up on as a kid, I remember hitting it in the early 2000's on a shit xc bike with rim brakes and it seemed like the gnarliest trail ever. Remember getting my mind blown seeing someone clean the pole and wheelie drop off the end. Even though I can crush the whole trail in a couple minutes these days it still remains a fave

Sandinista to Triple Crown/Slayer to Frank's (Burke) - There's just something about Burke… Steep, wet, rooty, duffy, everything I love about mountain biking.