West Vancouver Upper Lands review - future of Cypress trails (merged)

March 20, 2014, 8:23 p.m.

Can someone confirm that NNL was destroyed today? I am away in the States. Should never have mentioned the Ferris Wheel btw…

March 20, 2014, 9:58 p.m.

Yes I can confirm NNL is dead! Was riding with a crew tonight and went to go into it but trail entrance was blocked with logs and sticks. All jumps, stunts, woodwork, have been removed. The powers that be did what they had to do I guess.

NNL trail has been sacrificed for the freedom of all others!!

In talking with the builders NNL will be reincarnated, but location will be known only to a selected few……..far far far away from Cypress Mountain! (happy now) Sorry no trails for all……

March 20, 2014, 10:36 p.m.

so no youtube videos and and internet publicity this time?

March 21, 2014, 11:52 a.m.

Thanks Ripper for the info. I will reserve my comments to this to Tuesday.

March 21, 2014, 6:48 p.m.

Yes I can confirm NNL is dead! Was riding with a crew tonight and went to go into it but trail entrance was blocked with logs and sticks. All jumps, stunts, woodwork, have been removed. The powers that be did what they had to do I guess.

In talking with the builders NNL will be reincarnated, but location will be known only to a selected few. Sorry no trails for all……

Posting that here is a good start to keeping it on the DL.

March 21, 2014, 10:40 p.m.

In talking with the builders NNL will be reincarnated, but location will be known only to a selected few. Sorry no trails for all……

In an area where the land owner requested no structures, it's a good idea not to build structures. Sad to see them go, but the only people surprised by this have been living in an alternate universe.

Trails are ALWAYS found. I hope the reincarnation will be in an authorized area, otherwise the removal of the NNL structures will have been for naught.

March 23, 2014, 6:41 p.m.

In an area where the land owner requested no structures, it's a good idea not to build structures. Sad to see them go, but the only people surprised by this have been living in an alternate universe.

Trails are ALWAYS found. I hope the reincarnation will be in an authorized area, otherwise the removal of the NNL structures will have been for naught.

Good running into you today. My understanding is that the builders have moved on to an area away from Cypress. The previous post could be misinterpreted as "NNL is going to be re-built on another area of Cypress", but it's not.

Always good to remember that BPP and DWV monitors these threads.

March 23, 2014, 6:47 p.m.

The position you have taken on this is confusing to say the least Allan. Mostly because of the fact that after our first attempt at revising the structures on NNL to make peace at your request, you commended us and left beers on the trails for us, possibly you even deposited beverages after the second attempt we made but I cannot fully recall, pretty sure you did! After the fact you hang us out to dry! Why the hell would we have spent days on the hill in the rain to modify stunts if removal had been the initial request? As all trails will sooner or later be found, so will the truth. In the very beginning you gave me hope, your actions since then have completely destroyed that.
NNL was never a permanent plan, we never expected it to last forever, we put together the most fun we could think of and planned to just ride it until the development took over. Never planned to fight with anyone about what should be done with their land or making that trail permanent. We told you that during the first conversed we ever had about it. I really loved that trail and even more the smiles I saw on every person I encountered on it. But it was "Never Never" intended to last forever! The fact that you have waffled into such a disappointment over this is a bummer, but at least now we know. You are not the only disappointment on here in my eyes. I'm sure your convos state the same of me as well so at least we are on par. And you don't have to worry about having anything to do with the reincarnation!;-)
Bash away f%^kers!

March 23, 2014, 6:52 p.m.

Good running into you today. My understanding is that the builders have moved on to an area away from Cypress. The previous post could be misinterpreted as "NNL is going to be re-built on another area of Cypress", but it's not.

Always good to remember that BPP and DWV monitors these threads.

DOn't worry ! It will have a different name:-)

March 23, 2014, 10:13 p.m.

The position you have taken on this is confusing to say the least Allan. Mostly because of the fact that after our first attempt at revising the structures on NNL to make peace at your request, you commended us and left beers on the trails for us, possibly you even deposited beverages after the second attempt we made but I cannot fully recall, pretty sure you did! After the fact you hang us out to dry! Why the hell would we have spent days on the hill in the rain to modify stunts if removal had been the initial request? As all trails will sooner or later be found, so will the truth. In the very beginning you gave me hope, your actions since then have completely destroyed that.
NNL was never a permanent plan, we never expected it to last forever, we put together the most fun we could think of and planned to just ride it until the development took over. Never planned to fight with anyone about what should be done with their land or making that trail permanent. We told you that during the first conversed we ever had about it. I really loved that trail and even more the smiles I saw on every person I encountered on it. But it was "Never Never" intended to last forever! The fact that you have waffled into such a disappointment over this is a bummer, but at least now we know. You are not the only disappointment on here in my eyes. I'm sure your convos state the same of me as well so at least we are on par. And you don't have to worry about having anything to do with the reincarnation!;-)
Bash away f%^kers!

That POS trail was crap.

formally wernie

March 24, 2014, 8:19 a.m.

That POS trail was crap.

It was fun while it lasted.

March 24, 2014, 6:04 p.m.

:shhh:

via Imgflip Meme Maker

March 24, 2014, 10:55 p.m.

Deadend, I guess you didn't hear what was said. You talked directly to BPP. You know what you got permission for… nothing.

There was hope that if you made it out of rock and dirt it might avoid demolition. We'll never know 'cause you stuck with elevated wooden structures.

I'm trying to convince the powers that be that Cypress builders are responsible and build sustainable trails. You build disposable trails.

Thanks.

March 24, 2014, 11:13 p.m.

In the last NSMBA AGM it was said to those Cypress builders in attendance to keep it on the ground or else it was gone. I witnessed the statements.

The Notice was given. And now, NNL is gone since the suggestion was not addressed with integrity. All bikers and builders lose because of this situation- not just the builder.

Deliberately making a trail knowing that it will be torn out is irresponsible and selfish- and impacts all of us too.

For those in the know, please show up to the meeting. Those in the know understand what I am saying.

This cannot happen anymore if we want to save what is up there now. We need to start being part of long term solutions versus short term desires.

March 24, 2014, 11:35 p.m.

If only we could make every trail CBC.

One can only dream of such blissful sustainability.