Welcome former PB users!

July 17, 2021, 6:57 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Pinkbike Day 4; Must see...Watch some fully sponsored rider ride & rip apart some secret trail on the north shore with his pro bros. (Video footage shows the entrance & exit of said trail.)

I've found a half dozen "secret" trails in Squamish from this method. Always makes me laugh that it's the pros giving away the goods

July 17, 2021, 8:10 p.m.

Posted by: kavurider

Pinkbike Day 4; Must see...Watch some fully sponsored rider ride & rip apart some secret trail on the north shore with his pro bros. (Video footage shows the entrance & exit of said trail.)

A big reason why I said earlier that their articles lost me a while ago.  Pretty sure that is has had a direct effect on why our local trails are getting so blown out...

Should have added "on an e-bike, nonetheless".

Nah, it is not limited to e-bikes.  I have seen plenty of groups of Endur-Bros skidding and ripping up the trail.  Or adding shortcuts.  Mostly because they want to try what they've seen in the latest pinkbike shredit.

July 17, 2021, 10:27 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

Posted by: shoreboy

Posted by: bux-bux

The implosion in the comment section is something to behold right now.

At least here in the US it is definitely not a fringe sport. Mountain biking has been assimilated into the group of "lifestyle" sports.

I lost interest in PB's articles a while ago, I just hope their buy/sell doesn't go away, although I am pretty sure it can't keep existing in it's current form after this acquisition.

What do you mean by implosion?

im·plo·sion

/imˈplōZHən/

Learn to pronounce

noun

an instance of something collapsing violently inward.

"the PB comments section undergoes a violent implosion caused by fear of the Outside paywall"

a sudden failure or collapse of an organization or system.

"the free content found on PB may soon undergo an implosion"

Thank you! Perfect.

Super cute lame response but it was a legit question. You didn't communicate that there was going to be a user pay system possibly on the horizon for pink bike and those of us that don't  visit the site would never know that.

So shoreboy has to come in and be dick.

Nice, fuck you guys.

Have a great weekend

If my response came across as being a dick, that was not the intention. I was merely playing with the dictionary definition of implosion to try and convey what was happening over on the PB comments section.

July 18, 2021, 11:51 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Meh, at the end of the day our "sport" isn't defined by some magazine or publishing trends, it's defined by what you do and who you do it with. Create your own content by going out and living it.

I found the optimist.

July 18, 2021, 8:34 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: syncro

Meh, at the end of the day our "sport" isn't defined by some magazine or publishing trends, it's defined by what you do and who you do it with. Create your own content by going out and living it.

I found the optimist.

Can you find Gooch instead?

July 20, 2021, 12:45 a.m.

Posted by: dknapton

I've found a half dozen "secret" trails in Squamish from this method. Always makes me laugh that it's the pros giving away the goods

Yep, if you know the general lay of the land it's pretty easy to find a lot of stuff... entrances/exits not properly obscured so you can see landmarks/housing developments, or panorama views with reference points, even the look of the forest is a big clue... but Squamish community doesn't seem like they have as much of a problem with rogue builds compared to the shore.

July 20, 2021, 7:42 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: dknapton

Yep, if you know the general lay of the land it's pretty easy to find a lot of stuff... entrances/exits not properly obscured so you can see landmarks/housing developments, or panorama views with reference points, even the look of the forest is a big clue... but Squamish community doesn't seem like they have as much of a problem with rogue builds compared to the shore.

Yup. Most I've found just from quickly seeing the entrance or exit then just going for a hike in the general area I think it is. Feel like there's just as many hidden trails in squamish as there is ones on trailforks.

July 21, 2021, 11:24 a.m.

Love it when builders spend the time to include an ingenuously hidden entrance to their trail. 

Locally on the Shore I appreciate a clutch move as an entrance, or a log, or a rock slab to hide tire marks.

The best entrance I've ever seen was in the middle of a Colorado bike park. Buddy guiding us there came to a halt down a steep straight away and turned onto a slow running creek. 30 yards in was a trailhead to a Ewok village of big ladder drops. Exit was over a rock slab onto a bike path. No tracks on either end. Genius.