Welcome former PB users!

July 16, 2021, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

Posted by: kavurider

The implosion in the comment section is something to behold right now.

At least here in the US it is definitely not a fringe sport. Mountain biking has been assimilated into the group of "lifestyle" sports.

I lost interest in PB's articles a while ago, I just hope their buy/sell doesn't go away, although I am pretty sure it can't keep existing in it's current form after this acquisition.

What do you mean by implosion?

im·plo·sion

/imˈplōZHən/

Learn to pronounce

noun

an instance of something collapsing violently inward.

"the PB comments section undergoes a violent implosion caused by fear of the Outside paywall"

a sudden failure or collapse of an organization or system.

"the free content found on PB may soon undergo an implosion"

Last edited by: shoreboy on July 16, 2021, 8:47 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 16, 2021, 9:42 a.m.

I just went over there to see what the forum was saying about the acquisition and man, their forum is huge. I didn't even know where to look.  I haven't been there since I defected to NSMB in 2003 or 2004 or something.

I remember someone complaining back then saying the forums were getting too many users. Someone said something like "It used to be like a rec room and you'd know everyone in there. Now there are so many people".

Re: mtb being a fringe sport. I remember reading a Bike piece from the 90s that said "You used to know who was out riding by the tire tread patterns you'd see on the trail". I don't know if that was ever the case for me, but I remember reading it. Was probably in The Grimey Handshake column or something. Or maybe something Zapata Espinoza wrote. Who knows.

Oh yea, and get off my lawn!

Last edited by: Straw on July 16, 2021, 9:43 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 16, 2021, 10:08 a.m.

Ah didn't catch the paywall part. Besides the buy and sell section find the pinkbike site/interface is pretty shit anyways. I prefer this forum it's way better for being abused.

July 16, 2021, 11:15 a.m.

Posted by: Straw

I just went over there to see what the forum was saying about the acquisition and man, their forum is huge. I didn't even know where to look.  I haven't been there since I defected to NSMB in 2003 or 2004 or something.

I remember someone complaining back then saying the forums were getting too many users. Someone said something like "It used to be like a rec room and you'd know everyone in there. Now there are so many people".

Re: mtb being a fringe sport. I remember reading a Bike piece from the 90s that said "You used to know who was out riding by the tire tread patterns you'd see on the trail". I don't know if that was ever the case for me, but I remember reading it. Was probably in The Grimey Handshake column or something. Or maybe something Zapata Espinoza wrote. Who knows.

Oh yea, and get off my lawn!

a huge forum with a software even worse than here

July 16, 2021, 12:48 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

At least here in the US it is definitely not a fringe sport. Mountain biking has been assimilated into the group of "lifestyle" sports.

I lost interest in PB's articles a while ago, I just hope their buy/sell doesn't go away, although I am pretty sure it can't keep existing in it's current form after this acquisition.

im·plo·sion

/imˈplōZHən/

Learn to pronounce

noun

"the PB comments section undergoes a violent implosion caused by fear of the Outside paywall"

Thank you! Perfect.

July 16, 2021, 4:41 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

im·plo·sion

/imˈplōZHən/

Learn to pronounce

noun

Thank you! Perfect.

Super cute lame response but it was a legit question. You didn't communicate that there was going to be a user pay system possibly on the horizon for pink bike and those of us that don't  visit the site would never know that.

So shoreboy has to come in and be dick.

Nice, fuck you guys.

Have a great weekend

July 16, 2021, 6:55 p.m.

^^^ Now that's a perfect example of an implosion. 

Fwiw bux-bux, I was curious what kavu meant by implosion too as the comments on PB weren't as bad as they made them seem .

July 16, 2021, 7:07 p.m.

Pinkbike Day 1: Must See! Watch some fucktard blow up volunteer built berms in order to rep some shitty pants.

Pinkbike Day 2: Watch this video which explains the 10 things that you can do to keep trail builders happy.

Pinkbike Day 3: Must See! Watch some fucktard blow up volunteer built berms in order to rep some shitty pants.

Sigh......

Props to NSMB for having more integrity and interesting / innovative content. Especially the likes of Andrew Major's musings.

July 16, 2021, 7:27 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

^^^ Now that's a perfect example of an implosion. 

Fwiw bux-bux, I was curious what kavu meant by implosion too as the comments on PB weren't as bad as they made them seem .

Whoa...what happened there?

I wasn't trying to be rude.

As for why I said it was an implosion...the original announcement on PB that Outside purchased the site was over 1200 comments yesterday. And none of them were positive.

And now every article they are posting is now being brigaded by commenters complaining about the fear of a paywall.

July 16, 2021, 8:52 p.m.

As for why I said it was an implosion...the original announcement on PB that Outside purchased the site was over 1200 comments yesterday. And none of them were positive.

And now every article they are posting is now being brigaded by commenters complaining about the fear of a paywall.

I know you weren't, just pointing out I was curious about your implosion comment too. I saw the implosion definition that shoreboy posted coming from a mile away, and know that wasn't what bux-bux was looking for. I was surprised by their reaction to it tho. I think you got dragged in to things due to cheering on shoreboy's reply. 

Nobody died, life goes on.

July 16, 2021, 10:45 p.m.

Pinkbike Day 4; Must see...Watch some fully sponsored rider ride & rip apart some secret trail on the north shore with his pro bros. (Video footage shows the entrance & exit of said trail.)

Last edited by: Stuminator on July 16, 2021, 10:45 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 17, 2021, 2:04 a.m.

Too many raging angry trump chumps on PB forums now. Well, not many but even one is too many.

July 17, 2021, 8:39 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

I know you weren't, just pointing out I was curious about your implosion comment too. I saw the implosion definition that shoreboy posted coming from a mile away, and know that wasn't what bux-bux was looking for. I was surprised by their reaction to it tho. I think you got dragged in to things due to cheering on shoreboy's reply. 

Nobody died, life goes on.

Works for me!

July 17, 2021, 8:40 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Pinkbike Day 4; Must see...Watch some fully sponsored rider ride & rip apart some secret trail on the north shore with his pro bros. (Video footage shows the entrance & exit of said trail.)

A big reason why I said earlier that their articles lost me a while ago.  Pretty sure that is has had a direct effect on why our local trails are getting so blown out...

July 17, 2021, 6:27 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

A big reason why I said earlier that their articles lost me a while ago.  Pretty sure that is has had a direct effect on why our local trails are getting so blown out...

Should have added "on an e-bike, nonetheless".