Weird vacation luck

July 13, 2020, 4:48 p.m.

Booked off this week a year ago (wife's birthday)I  and wouldn't you  know it, 1st day of vacation I roll my ankle.

Don't run often if I can help it but my wife likes to run and seeing that it is her birthday week and we were catching a ferry later. 2k from home I hit a little pothole and took out my calcaneofibular ligament - bruising and all - likely  a 2nd deg tear. 

Weirdly enough, 24hrs later it was feeling pretty good and 48 hrs later I was able to walk and ride on it with no pain and only minimal swelling that resolves with some ice and compression. We've been riding since and I've been trying to take it easy. Today was going down this steep slippery trail with a 1.5foot deep drainage groove straight down the middle. Of course I said, "don't ride in the groove" "don't ride in the groove" and what do I do, I go right in the groove, lose my line and eject over the bars. 

The trail was super steep and slippery and I could feel my one foot was still clipped in as the I was pushing the bars between my legs. Miraculously I got the other foot out (the injured one) and landed on my feet. Of course I was at the top of the steep slippery trail and I boot skied down the trail and ran out the bottom. It must have been 30 feet of sliding down on my feet. It was a miracle I stayed on my feet let alone not reinjure my ankle.

Anyways, long story I know, but sometimes you have  to appreciate the greater power looking out for you.

July 13, 2020, 8:44 p.m.

Go buy a lotto ticket brother. The gods are with you.