Weed on the Shore & dogs

April 29, 2014, 9:16 a.m.

My dog pukes at least once a week whether from swallowing a bone that's too big to pass, or because he ate some grass in the yard and wanted to get something out. Cleanup being a two-handed operation, I have smelled more dog barf than I would have otherwise. I really doubt that a partially smoked joint would cause dog barf to smell that much. Not to say this dog didn't eat some weed, but if so it was probably more than a trailside roach.

flickr

April 29, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

So, you like to have a little weed on trail? Helps your flow after the shuttle up Seymour, livin' the North Shore lifestyle, open a growler end of ride. Makes for one fine day on the trails.

Nice opener - tried to establish a relationship with all the dope smokers out there - kind of like saying "im one of you" -

Just, be careful with where your weed ends up. Huh? I usually smoke it. Don't toss the end of your joint on the trail, keep an eye that you don't drop anything.who the hell drops bags of weeds on the trail willingly? Carry out anything half smoked. Same again - who throws away half smoked joints?

What I learned today…. dogs, mine especially, will eat weed. Small bit of weed, just messed up my dog.Did you see your mutt actually eat it? Figured it out from the smell of his puke.Riiiiggghhttt I'd hate to see someone's dog go through what mine just did, so, just be careful with your weed on the trail.

Those new wheels I wanted this summer or some race fees ? Vet bills, but at least I get to keep bringing my dog along on rides.Finishes with trying to lay a guilt trip on us….

…pathetic really.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

April 29, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

I find that the OP's request reeks of entitlement - and also reeks of BS.

I'm really trying to understand the hate-on for my post that I'm getting here. A lot of opinions as to what my dog ate, if dogs can get messed up on weed, etc… Good stuff, question authority, don't follow conventional wisdom, fight the power and all that. A questioning mind is a good thing.

Some posts that it is my responsibility to keep an eye on my dog, I absolutely agree. My dog ate some weed, he got messed up, it's my responsibility to take care of him. Think that's pretty obvious in my original post.

I always get good attitudes on the trail from other riders, have helped others with repairs, people have helped me out. Why the hate here folks ?

April 29, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

I'm really trying to understand the hate-on for my post that I'm getting here…..

welcome to the nsmb gang bang….

April 29, 2014, 11:08 a.m.

hey, I get annoyed that shitty people throw food and food wrappers and other shit on the ground that my dog wants to eat, but it's my job to train my dog to leave that shit alone.

April 29, 2014, 11:26 a.m.

I'm really trying to understand the hate-on for my post that I'm getting here. A lot of opinions as to what my dog ate, if dogs can get messed up on weed, etc… Good stuff, question authority, don't follow conventional wisdom, fight the power and all that. A questioning mind is a good thing.

Some posts that it is my responsibility to keep an eye on my dog, I absolutely agree. My dog ate some weed, he got messed up, it's my responsibility to take care of him. Think that's pretty obvious in my original post.

I always get good attitudes on the trail from other riders, have helped others with repairs, people have helped me out. Why the hate here folks ?

Okay..since you bring up question everything…

Did you have the vomit scientifically analyzed to see f there was Marijuana in it?
Was a blood sample taken and sent to a lab for scientific tests to prove there was THC involved?

And how did you know it was a mountain biker? Did you post this elsewhere or in the local paper? Or you just stereotyping?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 29, 2014, 11:28 a.m.

I would also get annoyed if dime bags are getting thrown around the trails.
I need to ride better trails because the ones I've been riding only have poo bags hanging from the trees.

April 29, 2014, 11:33 a.m.

So not only do shuttlers wreck the trails they also kill dogs with dope.

Another reason I'm stoked to be 100% Enduro.

same here I feel the stoke

shutters are pot heads. those lazy douchbags
enduro guys are all about the clean livin.

April 29, 2014, 11:46 a.m.

Because NSMB forums is where a small insular group of bitchy whiny from a small part of the world gather to bitch and moan and whine

Lee Lau

April 29, 2014, 11:48 a.m.

Weed is insoluble without fat and eating it has no effect unless it is heated in fat first to release the thc. From a chemistry standpoint its highly likely that it's not what you're thinking. Anecdotally, I've tried eating it many years ago without cooking it in fat and it did absolutely nothing. Perhaps flatch is onto something.

This seems to not be the case with dogs, my neighbors dog ate a roach at his work place, was super sick. When they took it to Emergency Vet Hospital, they emergency diagnosed this immediately when they saw the dog, and told my neighbor that they see this several times a week.

April 29, 2014, 11:50 a.m.

oops should have kept reading before posting.

April 29, 2014, 11:55 a.m.

Heat is the key, not fat solubility: smoke passing through the roach is sufficient heat to activate the THC. It doesn't take eating very much weed to mess up a human adult - no wonder it'll hospitalize a dog.

April 29, 2014, 12:16 p.m.

still better than the 'lost' or 'trail recommendation' threads

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 29, 2014, 12:18 p.m.

Because NSMB forums is where a small insular group of bitchy whiny from a small part of the world gather to bitch and moan and whine

pretty much..

April 29, 2014, 12:44 p.m.

Apparently so. Came as a surprise to me. Good vibe on trail, the toonies are fun, trail days have been awesome, mtb'ers and hikers have stopped fighting, the land owners are working with the mtb'ers to develop trails not destroy them, shops sponsor events, people volunteer their time . . . .everything in the mtb community on the North Shore is full of good people.

Then the hate on this board. Guess this is where they go.

Still, reading the responses, a few cranky folks out there, but more positivity.