wear your helmet

Jan. 21, 2003, 12:30 p.m.

i got a gimped face i got to go to school with tomorrow because i didnt wear my helmet. i built up the lip on this old jump thats been sitting there for a couple years and i didnt bring my helmet with me cause i wasnt planning on jumping. i thought ide hit it once after i finished it and it was only like a 10' gap and i hit it and over shot it and landed way to heavy on my front tire and flipped over. i skidded on the ground on my lip through gravel. now the whole right side of my face has road rash on it and it stings like crazy and i chipped 2 teeth and put a gash on the inside of my lip almost all the way through. i got 8 stitches inside my mouth holding my lip together and now its all swollen and sticks out of my face like 2" and when i talk you can see my lip is all white and gross. if i had my fullface on i would probably have not a scratch on my face. thanks to the two guys who rode in there after the crash and helped me out. i never realized you could screw up ypur face so bad from not wearing a helmet.

i live in a box :)

Jan. 21, 2003, 12:45 p.m.

man that sucks :( that exact thign happened to me a couple years ago. luckily i was wearin my ful face, but it ended up all cracked and the faceplate almost fell off :S got a mouth full of dirt, a messed up back, and torn muscles around my neck and upper back.. it sucked ass. like when i put weight on my leg, like just walking, evertime i put my foot down id get a sharp pain in my back and i couldnt turn my head for about a week :( heh full faces are good

T1
mr. sieben!!

Jan. 21, 2003, 1:12 p.m.

i JUST came in from dirt jumping,, and its icy and cold here,, and i learned 1handed no footers a few days ago so i was trying them again,, and i guess it didnt click today cuz i went down soo hard,, i think it was cuz of the ice to, but i was wearing my full face and luckly i was cuz i slamed sideways on my hip and side of my face/head,, hurt like hell and im sore now but atleast im not all fucked up. :) Sucks about ur crash though,,heal up soon.

Jan. 21, 2003, 1:21 p.m.

crashing sucks! im never jumping without my helmet again.

Jan. 21, 2003, 1:36 p.m.

Originally posted by shorebiker
man that sucks :( that exact thign happened to me a couple years ago. luckily i was wearin my ful face, but it ended up all cracked and the faceplate almost fell off :S got a mouth full of dirt, a messed up back, and torn muscles around my neck and upper back.. it sucked ass. like when i put weight on my leg, like just walking, evertime i put my foot down id get a sharp pain in my back and i couldnt turn my head for about a week :( heh full faces are good

I did that exact same thing this fall:(
so now sometimes the ribs in myback get realy sore

myspace
FOR SALE: Bell Fullface used for 2 rides

Jan. 21, 2003, 1:42 p.m.

That sucks man, hope it feels better soon. I have to thank my Full Face for a lot, recently a face plant off some stairs to rough concrete :eek: but that was just retarded and crap riding :lol:

I hope your face feels better soon bro.

:scotland: El Presidente

Jan. 21, 2003, 1:57 p.m.

a couple years ago i was biking with half shell and at as fast as i could pedal my bike my front axel cracked and i fly and land on ym face 20 ft away on sidewalk. big road rash, that has left scarring, and i knocked out 4 teeth and now ive had to have 2 root canals becuase of it, im also loosing another tooth and having to get a fake one cause it couldnt have been saved like the others, so i dunno what the point of this was except to say ya shit happens and even when i wore my helmet i got fucked up. 2nd accident involving my land head first onto concrete, first one gave me concussion that almost put me in a coma and has possibly given me some minor brain damage. both times i was wearing a helmet and both times i would have been easily dead or too fucked to want to be alive ya so i dont like falling down.

Jan. 21, 2003, 2:18 p.m.

that sucks, a couple years back i did the same thing

Jan. 21, 2003, 4:42 p.m.

i would feel sympathy but instead i'll slap my forehead in laughter…..at least u learned ur lesson!…sadly it was the hard way:rolleyes:

[email protected]
My bike eats danger and craps victory!:canada:
It takes 43 muscles in the face to frown but only 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitchslap that mofo in the face!
I am the sculpture made out of clay…

I like all bran its makes your poop float. :)

Jan. 21, 2003, 4:44 p.m.

Thanks for the reminder! Hope your face etc. heals fast…

Jan. 21, 2003, 4:58 p.m.

Originally posted by Dr. Sol
Thanks for the reminder! Hope your face etc. heals fast…

SOL !!

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Jan. 21, 2003, 5:32 p.m.

that man friend is called Karma..

plz wear your helmets people…

:(

Jan. 21, 2003, 5:46 p.m.

a lot of people i see dont wear helmets, its really there decision if they want to or not so if no one wears one i dont really care. but now that ive expeiriences the effects of not wearing one, ill never ride without it again.

Jan. 21, 2003, 6 p.m.

Well from my recent observations of this new found

www.morleyw.com

Biketrials - Online Magazine for Biketrials in Canada.

Jan. 21, 2003, 6 p.m.

I need to invest soon into a full face for the North Shore Indoor Competition and stuff. I don't think the snowboarding helmet I wear now is good at all. I always wear my helmet when riding to school…not only to avoid a ticket but maybe you run into something you want to do along the way:D well…like manual down the hill…which I need more practise:(

Cya,
Chris

Hoots Gear/Dizzy Cycles/Kenda USA/eNVy

Bonz Lever for __sale__ for Hayes & Hayes 8" adapter for Boxxer