War in the Woods!

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:02 p.m.

All these negative threads of late are poison to the Shore.

You all are going to start losing good builders if not careful.

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:06 p.m.

What's wrong with using concrete anyway?

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:08 p.m.

These are not private backyard trails anymore, and thus measures have to be taken to improve longevity. If it means some things have to be literally cemented into place, then there is probably a need for that. I'm a guy who lived and rode there for 10 years up until 2005. Back then it was somewhat busy. After spending a weekend there this past March, I probably saw 400+/- riders on Fromme and Seymour. That's insane. Numbers I can't even imagine anywhere outside a lift access bike park. This isn't the same area it was 10-15 years ago when it was still kinda quaint, it has changed greatly.

Wayne, noticed the same thing in December. Went to Seymour to ride Severed. Parking at the bottom had tons of vehicles and lot's of trail users…some on bikes and others walking.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:15 p.m.

I wish I was an armchair builder and maintainer. My wife would rather that lol
No I don't build on the shore. I build on the island.
You are right and Digger should do what he wants. Anytime I've ridden the shore I've thought wow it's just like everywhere else I ride on the coast.. Love what the builders have done with the terrain and am grateful for it and their time.
I still agree with syncro in saying that concrete is generally not necessary. There are other ways.
To the builders that work on the shore… Thx for your work. I enjoy riding it but after reading the Woodrow thread and a few others am glad I don't have to live there

where on the island do you build? just curious

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:29 p.m.

What's wrong with using concrete anyway?

I wouldn't necessarily say there was something wrong. Just not necessary
If nature wants too it will reclaim a trail. It might not reclaim the concrete though
food for thought

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

where on the island do you build? just curious

I pm'd you

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:05 a.m.

hey Splinky I need your mad chainsaw skills on my trail. need 16 trees cut and a couple beams milled. no cedar sadly but there is a monster fir

ill buy the rootbeer and cook you 2 steaks. let me know if your ever out my way on a weekend.

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:33 a.m.

there are very rare occasions that cement is a good material to use. I used some on a rock move to fill in a downward crevice where gold would have washed or dusted away. I trust Digger used it in a proper way as he's been doing dirt work for decades.

:canada: