War in the Woods!

Sept. 12, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

which saddens me.

\
A sad clown. Who the fuck do you think you are, Shakespeare.:lol:

cement bullshit on Ladies,

Where? Where? I wanna' go! I wanna' go! :fruit:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 12, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

OK, lets do this again.

In general, things have been dumbed down to make the sport more accessible to the masses.

Now we have used conflicts….who woulda thunk???? riders vs. stravaholes vs. ebikers vs. #endurons vs. hikers vs. gnarlerbladers….all laying claim to the same homogenized buffed up trails.

….but at the end of the day, more "riders" equals more money for a few, and it looks to me to be the path the Shore has been led down.

I dont even know why I have an attachment or care for that place anymore…Maybe as an outsider now I can see what youve become….and its far removed from what made you, which saddens me.

As Peter Gabriel said "Don't Give Up" Lets see. Maybe they are wrong, maybe we are wrong. Most likely, we are all wrong.

Sept. 12, 2015, 10:02 p.m.

\
A sad clown. Who the fuck do you think you are, Shakespeare.:lol:

[direct attack] fuck off, cabby [/direct attack]

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 12, 2015, 10:03 p.m.

Is there seriously concrete on Ladies now?

where?

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 12, 2015, 10:08 p.m.

[direct attack] fuck off, cabby [/direct attack]

I don't drive a fucking cab you tree murderer! :fu:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 12, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

Freeride Gods quoting Peter Gabriel? Someone will tell me that Wade Simmons likes Rush next :(

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 12, 2015, 10:53 p.m.

Is there seriously concrete on Ladies now?

where?

Come on old people! Digger built a concrete bridge on Grannies circa 1897! I thought you all knew your history!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 12, 2015, 11:07 p.m.

Yup. Think Lower Ladies concrete, but uglier and more out of place. Maybe someone (NSMBA?) should make make a rule that only people that ride, can build on OUR trails…and please, fuck off with the cement.

lol I'd rather have digger doing trail work then you flapping your gums aimlessly.

Sept. 12, 2015, 11:22 p.m.

Good for you. Flap your gums aimlessly while the cement gets spread. Have you heard any sustainability reason for the cementing, or are you just happier that the trail is easier for you to ride now?

You'll probably have to ask Digger about why he used concrete.

Sept. 12, 2015, 11:48 p.m.

We were the crazy bastards riding skinnies and dorps to falt.We were the ones riding trails so technically challenging that we were revered by the rest of the cycling world.

….now it has been mostly watered down to the same shit you can ride anywhere….most of the soul is gone.

You can always ride trails like Hangman. Or maybe the ride back is too difficult?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 12, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

Good for you. Flap your gums aimlessly while the cement gets spread. Have you heard any sustainability reason for the cementing, or are you just happier that the trail is easier for you to ride now?

lol do you even know where he put it? It's on the rocks face before the teetering totter because they were starting to come out. What do you know about my ability or what I like to ride. Least I appreciate the hard work and dedication. Ladies only wouldn't even exist without digger.

Sept. 13, 2015, 7:50 a.m.

The ironic part of all this dumbing down talk is that riders are generally much better at riding now than they were back then.

Sept. 13, 2015, 7:55 a.m.

even though I still don't ride the shore more than 6-10 times a year, I still have a lot more fun down there these days than I did 5+ years ago.

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:24 a.m.

Yes, I do know where the most recent cement work is. The rocks have been solid in that spot for a long time. The run out from Bart's bridge was also solid. Neither spot needed cement, and what is there now is ugly as fuck, and it spoils that trail a bit. I'm sure i'll have a conversation next time I see Digger on my way up Mountain Highway and that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It wouldn't be the first time we've disagreed.

And I don't care if you can ride the Shore or not. Boo fucking Hoo.

Haha your a clown. There's also concrete on lower ladies did that get you all pissy too when he did that years ago?

Sept. 13, 2015, 9:11 a.m.

Haha your a clown. There's also concrete on lower ladies did that get you all pissy too when he did that years ago?

i can understand the reasoning behind wanting to use concrete, but have to say i really don't think it has any place on the trail bed. if a line is such bad shape or falling apart that it needs concrete to hold it together then maybe the line should either be rebuilt or re-routed.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer