War in the Woods!

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

Here is what I know….

Riding up Fromme this afternoon approaching the entrance to Expresso I hear a LOUD ruckus coming down the road.
I stop near woman jogger and her dog.
Around the corner comes a group of five (5) stone faced joggers (3 men 2 women) equipped with hiking poles etc.
Riding to their left is a completely apoplectic mtn. biker making their jog an absolute misery with all manner of shouting and swearing.
"You push my friend?" "I'll take a large rock and…..(fill in the blank, eh?) etc etc.
They disappear down the road as woman's mtn. biking husband pops out of the trail leading from 7th/Bookwus and as we stand there like, wtf? 2nd mtn. biker appears.
Apparently he (2nd dude) and first dude had been standing over their bikes facing up hill on the left hand side of road with plenty of clearance on their right.
2nd dude was closest to road on inside. The joggers were running down the road towards them and as they came abreast one of the joggers shoved 2nd dude saying "get off the road" or some such thing. (Don't quote me on that)
2nd dude was nearly shoved off of his bike, not quite.
So dude # 1 follows joggers down to get what info he can, plate # or the like while the "shovee" phones 911 before following.

Anyone else party to any of that?

"I just want to say, can we all get along?"

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

Obviously this is related to the RCMP on Fromme today.

WTF is this bullshit? The stupid thing is that we can all get along.

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

Dumbs gonna dumb

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:20 p.m.

Damn, I knew I should have gone up today what great intelligent drama.

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:41 p.m.

Strava runners Vs 29ers? ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 7, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Obviously this is related to the RCMP on Fromme today.

WTF is this bullshit? The stupid thing is that we can all get along.

Most trail runners are good people. Like any group there is always a couple of fucktards who cause shit.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 7, 2015, 8:39 p.m.

More like Ontario vs BC :mad:

Sept. 7, 2015, 8:51 p.m.

Most trail runners are good people. Like any group there is always a couple of fucktards who cause shit.

I'm a fairly avid trail runner [HTML_REMOVED] if this happened as described, I'd like to have a word with these pole-carrying idiots.

Sept. 7, 2015, 9 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVSlE28hOgI

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:11 p.m.

saw the joggers and the cop at the parking lot….. was wondering what happened there….

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

Things are changing fast to our beloved mountain. The birth place of modern mountain biking isn't just being used by us anymore. We need to designate a bunch of trails mountain bike only before it's too late. I appreciate how PC we are as a community. Mountain bikers are great, caring, friendly people, but change is coming. I'm hoping that some of the energy our local mountain bike association has can be put in this direction. Fromme is my local. I ride here almost everyday. I see conflict coming. Half that parking lot is hikers now

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

And I also believe we can all get along fine. Everyone I ride with is overly friendly to hikers. We just need to make some trails mountain bike only before shit goes sideways. Someone is going to eventually run over someone and that is going to make things really bad for us

Sept. 7, 2015, 10:31 p.m.

And I also believe we can all get along fine. Everyone I ride with is overly friendly to hikers. We just need to make some trails mountain bike only before shit goes sideways. Someone is going to eventually run over someone and that is going to make things really bad for us

I agree with Don, I think there should be some trails that are mountain bike only. Clearly a good portion of the trails on Seymour and Fromme were built by and specifically for mountain bikers, why not make them solely for the one user group?

The trails that hikers have available to them greatly outnumbers the amount of local mountain bike trails I don't see the harm in solidifying them as mtn. bike only trails just to avoid future conflicts.

Sept. 7, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Had a wicked ride today….not a fucktard in sight.

no drama,threats,violence…..nothing.

Waitress was a littleslow with my first post ride beer….but i'll let that slide.

of course, im 12 hours removed from your shitshow…

Pastor of Muppets