Vote for Dave!

Oct. 17, 2019, 7:25 p.m.

Head on over and vote for Dave Herr in the GoPro Best Line contest 

Why you ask?

Because he deserves it!! WATCH HIS VIDEO - are you kidding me?

Plus, he’s one of us. 

Vote Dave Herr and make GoPro Great Again!!!

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/vote-now-top-10-gopro-best-line-contest-videos-revealed.html

Oct. 17, 2019, 9:48 p.m.

Too late - I voted for Summer.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 18, 2019, 12:59 a.m.

Dave's clip was fun. I voted for him.

Considering it's the best GoPro clips the rest mostly kinda...sucked?

Camera angle too low, lighting crappy, seconds of bro's yelling bro stuff, fall line trails and brake squeal (wtf), and steep stuff that didn't translate all that well.

Oct. 18, 2019, 8:45 a.m.

last years was way better...

Oct. 18, 2019, 8:50 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Too late - I voted for Summer.

Pedro Sanchez.... All your dreams will come true.

Oct. 19, 2019, 9:13 a.m.

I'm going to say this and but will get a lot a of flack, but it looks sped up. If you look at some of the other vids where they are obviously riding down fall lines then the speeds seems slow in comparision.

He must have all the KOMs on the northshore.

Oct. 19, 2019, 10:43 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I'm going to say this and but will get a lot a of flack, but it looks sped up. If you look at some of the other vids where they are obviously riding down fall lines then the speeds seems slow in comparision.

Not sure what to say other than this is definitely not sped up. Filmed, exported and uploaded in 24 FPS (right click on the video and get 'stats for nerds' to see the frame rate). I have about 16 takes, 4-5 of which are clean top to bottom runs within a few seconds of this one which I'd be happy to post as well. Those 16 takes are in addition to sessioning a few of the tricky spots before I started laying down top to bottom runs, not to mention that 50+ other attempts I've done over the years in both the wet and dry. I'm also not just coasting down the trail. When you see the video bobbing up and down or get a sense of sudden acceleration, it's because I'm ratcheting, pedaling and pumping every chance I get on the skinnies and the dirt to pick up more speed. I'm not questioning how it looks to you, but I wanted to put this out there because it's incredibly frustrating to have doubt cast over my riding.

Last edited by: DangerousDave on Oct. 19, 2019, 11:01 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 19, 2019, 7:28 p.m.

sick riding Dave.

Oct. 19, 2019, 8:10 p.m.

I’d be super stoked to see you win this Dave. I think that your video is the best - fingers crossed!!!!

Oct. 21, 2019, 8:34 a.m.

Posted by: DangerousDave

Not sure what to say other than this is definitely not sped up. Filmed, exported and uploaded in 24 FPS (right click on the video and get 'stats for nerds' to see the frame rate). I have about 16 takes, 4-5 of which are clean top to bottom runs within a few seconds of this one which I'd be happy to post as well. Those 16 takes are in addition to sessioning a few of the tricky spots before I started laying down top to bottom runs, not to mention that 50+ other attempts I've done over the years in both the wet and dry. I'm also not just coasting down the trail. When you see the video bobbing up and down or get a sense of sudden acceleration, it's because I'm ratcheting, pedaling and pumping every chance I get on the skinnies and the dirt to pick up more speed. I'm not questioning how it looks to you, but I wanted to put this out there because it's incredibly frustrating to have doubt cast over my riding.

I don't think anyone is questioning your riding skills (I'm certainly not), just the FPS rate.

Perhaps if you had ridden it at slightly less speed and it would have resonated more with me? I've ridden Immonator loads of time and cleared all the features but in a more controlled speed, your vid just doesn't make sense to me. :)

I voted for the vid with bigger high consequence moves and the killer backdrop (the one on the ridge). That vid made me want to ride that trail and that's what this competition is all about to me. Do I wish I could ride that trail? YES I FUCKING DO!!!

Ddean - I'm sorry I'm dead to you, I'll ride past you with my head held low next time on Cypress ;)

Oct. 21, 2019, 9:46 a.m.

I wonder where in the world that ridge is? At first I thought I recognized it. Looks very tropical. 

Wish they'd run it with a little better lighting, track itself gets swallowed up in darkness a bit.

Oct. 21, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: DangerousDave

Ddean - I'm sorry I'm dead to you, I'll ride past you with my head held low next time on Cypress ;)

I look forward to seeing that! Shame shame shame shame....

Hopefully I will have a DH bike again soon - we shall shuttle!!!!

Oct. 21, 2019, 2:41 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

I wonder where in the world that ridge is? At first I thought I recognized it. Looks very tropical. 

Wish they'd run it with a little better lighting, track itself gets swallowed up in darkness a bit.

Yeah I agree. if it wasn't filmed at sunrise / sunset it would probably get more votes. Still my fave though just for the view and exposure in sections. Like a green utah vid.

Dave -  :finger:

Oct. 21, 2019, 4:21 p.m.

I don't think anyone is questioning your riding skills (I'm certainly not), just the FPS rate.

Perhaps if you had ridden it at slightly less speed and it would have resonated more with me? I've ridden Immonator loads of time and cleared all the features but in a more controlled speed, your vid just doesn't make sense to me. :)

I wasn't questioning the FPS rate, I was too busy being impressed with the skill needed to ride like that at speed.

Oct. 21, 2019, 5:09 p.m.

Personally I think that Dave slowed down the frame rate just so that people could actually see what it is he is riding. 

I’ve ridden with Dave a number of times. I’ve never seen him ride THAT slow. 

🤣🤣🤣