Vehicle possibly shot by BB gun heading down topmost stretch of Mountain Highway

June 13, 2017, 2:14 a.m.

I just want everyone to know that this happened and to keep a look out for anything and also to not panic/freak-out if the same thing happens to you.

On Saturday at approximately 3 PM I was heading down Mountain Highway. I was just past the gate and about 1/3 to McNair when I heard what sounded like a stone hit my drivers side glass panel at the back of the vehicle. It sounded like a sharp 'ping on the glass' like a stone had been whipped at it. I stopped about 100 metres down got out and could not see where the impact was.

Today I looked very carefully and found there what was a very small chip/remnant of a small lead bb stuck to the window.

When I scratched it off the window it fell and I was unable to identify it from the dirt on the ground. It left a very small permanent chip in the vehicle glass side window.

Due to the way our vehicle is made it is impossible for a stone from the tires to reach around the side panel and hit that part of the vehicle. Which leaves me with only one conclusion ... someone shot at my vehicle as it passed by with a BB gun.

I was not speeding and was in fact going slower than the speed limit when this happened, maybe 35km/hr max.

edit: After reading news just this I am tempted to report this incident also to the police. It was shot from the side and if someone has the driver window down and get's bb'd in the face .... well that would not be a good day for anyone.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2704916/41-car-windows-busted-by-pellet-gun-in-north-vancouver-over-weekend/

Last edited by: spinner on June 13, 2017, 7:46 a.m., edited 6 times in total.
June 13, 2017, 6:45 a.m.

Prob just some dumbass kids.

June 13, 2017, 9:10 p.m.

At first I was sure it was just a freak rock bounce. Like off a tree or rocks... But that article from Global is WAY too spot-on.

Hope the kids get caught!

June 13, 2017, 9:39 p.m.

This happened to you? What day/time?

June 14, 2017, 5:27 p.m.

Posted by: spinner

This happened to you? What day/time?

Lol sorry Spinner, was a bit vague there... I meant your story sounded too much like a freak accident until you posted that Global link