Vanier Bike Park Board Meeting????

July 14, 2010, 1:54 p.m.

From what ive read maintenance is part of the project for earth ramps. They will be taking care of it ongoing. Also supposedly the dirt they are using is some special kind that hardens super hard and will keep its shape better than most.

i doubt anybody would be too stoked to see big duelies roll through but it is a bmx/mtb set so both are ok.

July 14, 2010, 3:57 p.m.

They look like the kind of jumps that wouldn't be much fun on a big bike, but that doesn't stop most people, does it?

At the open house they were asking for volunteers to sign up that were interested in taking part in maintenance. It indicated that maintenance would be looked after by the users. So, I don't know how formal it will be, if tools will be provided, etc. But I believe there are provisions within the project to provide water, tool storage etc. for the park, but I could be wrong about that.

July 14, 2010, 8:05 p.m.

For those that can't make it out to check out the jumps I took a spy shot of the second jump in the big set through the fence.

:damn::damn::damn:

July 14, 2010, 8:09 p.m.

That looks sick! I'm excited!!

July 14, 2010, 10:10 p.m.

A few more photos here.

Lets see if I can post them directly here…

July 15, 2010, 1:31 p.m.

They look like the kind of jumps that wouldn't be much fun on a big bike, but that doesn't stop most people, does it?

At the open house they were asking for volunteers to sign up that were interested in taking part in maintenance. It indicated that maintenance would be looked after by the users. So, I don't know how formal it will be, if tools will be provided, etc. But I believe there are provisions within the project to provide water, tool storage etc. for the park, but I could be wrong about that.

ya im not sure you could be right.

Im sure there will be no shortage of peeps taking 'ownership' of these jumps.

and about the pics, remember those are just the first few. Each line wraps around and comes back to the start hill. could be as many as 8 or 9 in each set!!

July 23, 2010, 8:12 p.m.

Im excited for this place! does anyone know when it's supposed to open?

stuff for sale:
Dainese upper body suit, size medium, brand new and never worn $200
email me for details: [email protected]

July 26, 2010, 11:31 a.m.

^^they said a month to completion. so should be another week or so.

They look sooooo nice. almost looks like cement!

July 26, 2010, 4:10 p.m.

This looks so good im stoked on these guys building bike parks. There parks will actually keep people coming back to ride and are worth while. Every jay hoots park I have been to I have never returned to after the first visit.

July 26, 2010, 10:49 p.m.

Take it easy on Hoots. He just builds what people ask him to build.

There were a lot of people involved with these jumps. There were a lot of people that guided the process along and turned this into a DIRT JUMP PARK, rather than an MTB skills park. Jay Hoots was one of those people.

Anyhow, I went out tonight. The medium line is looking close to done. It gets a bit techy near the end but isn't going to kill you if you come up short. The big set still doesn't have it's final path laid out, but the first few look pretty good.

July 27, 2010, 3:56 p.m.

Went by last night. It's shaping up nicely…

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Aug. 1, 2010, 12:54 p.m.

Anyone know if they are open yet? Thinking of heading down today.

Posted via Mobile Device

Aug. 1, 2010, 1:03 p.m.

They're not open yet. Some people have been poaching them but there is a big fence around it and keep out signs
Posted via Mobile Device

Aug. 1, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

Ah ok too bad. Thnx for the update JJ. Will have to wait a bit i guess. All I've been riding lately is trails and skatepark, really craving some fresh DJ's..
Posted via Mobile Device

Aug. 2, 2010, 11:19 p.m.

Went by last Friday and took some cell phone pictures for those who cannot bask in their glory. I know they're beautiful but please respect the work being put into them and don't poach them!