Vanier Bike Park Board Meeting????

Dec. 23, 2009, 11:12 p.m.

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT MEETING FOR VANIER BIKE PARK/ BID FOR THE CONTRACT TO BUILD????

http://earthrampbikeparks.wordpress.com/

these guys will ge the job done and not only will they get it done but they will do it right, oh yes and that means no more death gravel jumps from the HOOTS parks and a couple of lame logs chillin in the corner, these guys will make a super sick bike park with … actual dirt :D

help them out by joining the facebook group to:

WE WANT EARTHRAMP BIKEPARKS TO GET THE VANIER CONTRACT

SEARCH AND JOIN, NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN GET

THANKS ALOT!!!!

loam_luver

Dec. 24, 2009, 10:28 a.m.

!

Very nice builds! Judging by the trees around the jumps, I doubt the dirt was trucked in though, which makes it natural to the area it's built in.

What kind of dirt does Vanier park have?

My guess is it'll need dirt trucked in, in which case you either have to pay for it or take what you can get. That all depends on the city's budget for the park then, not who shapes the dirt.

Dec. 24, 2009, 10:49 a.m.

the city is giving the contractors money and prolly gonna have to truck most of the dirt in but there is already a few jumps down there and the dirt isnt terrible.

… does anyone know when the next board meeting is????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

loam_luver

Dec. 24, 2009, 6:02 p.m.

I have to say that that looks deeelish!

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Dec. 24, 2009, 6:33 p.m.

I have to say that that looks deeelish!

these guys know there stuff, there like moles, nvr stop digin

loam_luver

Dec. 24, 2009, 6:37 p.m.

Very nice builds! Judging by the trees around the jumps, I doubt the dirt was trucked in though, which makes it natural to the area it's built in.

My guess is it'll need dirt trucked in, in which case you either have to pay for it or take what you can get. That all depends on the city's budget for the park then, not who shapes the dirt.

not too sure what kinda dirt is down there but there is some jumps in the bush to the dirt is useful to some extent.

loam_luver

Dec. 24, 2009, 6:53 p.m.

I'm guessing that they would more than likely bring in the dirt. The proposed area right now is full of mulch so who knows whats under it. The bigger set of jumps among the trees there has a really high clay content (really good dirt) possibly due to the high water table.

Dec. 24, 2009, 10:33 p.m.

the dirt in there is super sick. parks hard. CLAY. easy to shape when its wet and then once it sets, concrete like…and lots of it under all the blackberry

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Dec. 26, 2009, 6:37 p.m.

sick. thats perfect then.

loam_luver

Dec. 27, 2009, 12:45 a.m.

I feel sorry for your rep. I will try to dig you out of that hole.

Dec. 27, 2009, 9:27 a.m.

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT MEETING FOR VANIER BIKE PARK/ BID FOR THE CONTRACT TO BUILD????

these guys will ge the job done and not only will they get it done but they will do it right, oh yes and that means no more death gravel jumps from the HOOTS parks and a couple of lame logs chillin in the corner, these guys will make a super sick bike park with … actual dirt :D

help them out by joining the facebook group to:

WE WANT EARTHRAMP BIKEPARKS TO GET THE VANIER CONTRACT

SEARCH AND JOIN, NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN GET

THANKS ALOT!!!!

Those look sweet and would be amazing to have in Vanier Park. One thing to note about being put on the Bid list is that the City of Vancouver has to be accountable for all the decisions it makes and what it does with the tax payers money. When the invitation to bid goes out, each contractor will have to show certain criteria to be able to bid on the project. The small talk that has taken place amounts to the dirt being brought in, site resloped (with user consultation) and then someone else actually building the jumps. There are a huge number of things to discuss but remember the City is realing from that other big event coming up… and while the Parks board wanted the facility fast tracked, not much is going to happen until the Olympic hangover has subsided.

The parks board has eamarked a substaintal amount of money for the facility…

Money is not a problem.

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Dec. 27, 2009, 9:59 a.m.

i like thisss
its beautiful

Dec. 27, 2009, 11:50 p.m.

It would be in Earthramps best interest to team up with Hoots on this one. They could provide direction on the dirt jump portion of the job. HOOTS is only one "qualified" local outfit that can build a bike park, like it or not.

It would be interesting to see if Earthramp could properly bid a job, finance a job, invoice a job, provide construction/as-built drawings. Its not just about building dirt jumps.

Dec. 28, 2009, 8:12 p.m.

im sorry but there defenitly not joining up with jay hoots, agian, does anyone know when the next board meeting is????

loam_luver

Dec. 28, 2009, 10:11 p.m.

im sorry but there defenitly not joining up with jay hoots, agian, does anyone know when the next board meeting is????

So far there isn't one. Again with the Olympics everything has been put on hold.

Not so much a meeting about this one. Consultation with the users, what people want on the park, then the Parks Department will draft up a programme and Contractors will bid on it.

Normally the lowest number wins…

That being said, what information we do get we will let everyone know.

Dan

www.steedcycles.com