value of your biking stuff

May 1, 2006, 4:49 p.m.

why feel guilty, its a great sport and keeps us all in good shape..

In todays age when most kids hobby is a video game its nice to see that not everyone
will be a fat ass.

even spending as much as we do it is still less than the person who spends a lifetime smoking.

Haha, yeah, that's what I always say too… except it's a little harder to argue that it keeps us in great shape when we're laying on the couch for 2 weeks (or longer) with a bad ankle (or worse)! No doubt, I agree with you though.

May 1, 2006, 7:16 p.m.

people that break chairs when they sit down should watch who they call a "fat ass". :P
biking is one of the cheapest sports around. you can get whatever you really need for a few thousand and then it's basically free. even when i had 5 bikes which were good for absolutely anything i could ever want i only spent around $6000.
one of the most fun too… lucky bastards all of us. :)

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

May 1, 2006, 7:24 p.m.

$1700 bike
~$350 in upgrades
~$150 in pads/helmet/waterpack

thats..about it….
-brett:lemon:

bikes:
04 norco 4by w/ 05 sherman firefly :(
07 KTM 144sx :)

I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.

May 1, 2006, 8:05 p.m.

biking is one of the cheapest sports around.

bwahahahahaa

when you come back to the real world tammy let us know.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 1, 2006, 11:11 p.m.

for this season im at 5250$ well thanks to wade i hade a sick bike for cheap if not i will be at more than 8k , well of cours i got the 200$ specialized sawpit shoes , the 200 race face shore jacket ,dainese armore , tld d2 carbon helmet and spare set of deemax wheels and tires for the whole season but hey i love the sport !

KIKIN THIS SHIT WITH STYLE !:coo: :coo: :coo:
www.progressivegrooves.com (my record label):rave:

May 1, 2006, 11:19 p.m.

bwahahahahaa

when you come back to the real world tammy let us know.

look at the total cost of..

kiteboarding
diving
sailing
golfing
skydiving
flying
skiing/boarding
4x4'ing
car racing
HORSES!

biking is cheap.

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

May 2, 2006, 8:40 a.m.

As long as your not a gear whore its a pretty cheap sport. A decent 4K bike should last you 3 or 4 years.

Fact is the sport has gotten way cheaper in the last 4 years. Bikes are roughly half the price what they used to be. Not to mention if you run quality parts they tend to last unlike a few years ago.

May 2, 2006, 8:47 a.m.

Anyone with a bike over $4K please post frame size, your address and vacation plans. A picture would be nice too.

ride, build, ride some more….

May 2, 2006, 9:22 a.m.

Another scary calculation is to save all your bike receipts for one year and then compare that total with your total income figure when you do your taxes and figure out the percentage.

I did that once with snowboarding years ago before I was into biking. Similiar to what someone else said earlier, once you know you don't want to keep finding out on a yearly basis. As if that calculation wasn't scarry enough at the time, now that I'm into the two sports I'm sure the % is even worse.

That 'Whistler Line Up' game can be fun to play though. I've played it before as well. It can be a big $ dollar value even on quiet days.

May 2, 2006, 2:01 p.m.

i guess [HTML_REMOVED]#163;1k when you factor everything in (and this is me just starting to get serious) gonna spend [HTML_REMOVED]#163;200 pounds on thu tho, my bank balance wont like me for that. And want to get a fork after the summer. I cry myself to sleep as a student but then i smile for days after a good ride