Update: 2014 Seymour Work Plan - Trail Decommissions

June 6, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

FYI to anyone thinking they might want too get one last ride down Lola or check it out before its totally gone… too late, don't bother.

Most of the optional wood stunts were ripped out last year, but now the trail is mostly unridable as Metro has taken out almost all the bridges and structures, making it more of a hike-a-bike. There is also a no bikes allowed sign posted near the entrance now (that someone has flipped upside down). RIP Lola

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

June 6, 2014, 7:15 p.m.

FYI to anyone thinking they might want too get one last ride down Lola or check it out before its totally gone… too late, don't bother.

Most of the optional wood stunts were ripped out last year, but now the trail is mostly unridable as Metro has taken out almost all the bridges and structures, making it more of a hike-a-bike. There is also a no bikes allowed sign posted near the entrance now (that someone has flipped upside down). RIP Lola

It's a shame to see they have lots of resources to tear things out and close it down but it's the volunteers that do all the building and maintaining.

June 6, 2014, 9:20 p.m.

Time to start reposessing hiking trails and parking lots.

Pastor of Muppets

June 6, 2014, 9:29 p.m.

Now they are advertising the entrance with a sign, funny!

I presume the trail itself (sans any woodwork) remains, yes? That should mean only one real swampy zone to traverse, right?

June 8, 2014, 6:49 p.m.

At least MV is consistent.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

June 8, 2014, 7:45 p.m.

I presume the trail itself (sans any woodwork) remains, yes? That should mean only one real swampy zone to traverse, right?

Yeah all the ladder bridges are gone, so like you said just one swampy traverse…on the bright side cambo wasn't too bad today rip lola

June 8, 2014, 10:07 p.m.

It's a shame to see they have lots of resources to tear things out and close it down but it's the volunteers that do all the building and maintaining.

the way its always been….and then they put the riding in their tourism brochures.

builders should go on strike for a year or two…..

Pastor of Muppets

June 9, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

Glad I finally ante'd up and did the Dales rockface before it's ripped out.

Super bummed I never got to ride Lolas. Looks amazing

June 9, 2014, 2:12 p.m.

Nope, it's barely a trail at this point. You'll do more hike a biking than actual riding.

I emailed LSCR and cc'd info@nsmba. No response from either. Not sure if it was even worth writing.

June 9, 2014, 10:29 p.m.

Nope, it's barely a trail at this point. You'll do more hike a biking than actual riding.

I emailed LSCR and cc'd info@nsmba. No response from either. Not sure if it was even worth writing.

Nsmba is volunteer and no solid mandate to respond. metro Van is funded by our property tax dollars, so they really should respond if you live in the GVRD. I am not holding my breath for a response from MV either though. One downside of the regional multi-muni government is a relative lack of accountability, compared to lower tier munis.

June 21, 2014, 3:05 p.m.

Nsmba is volunteer and no solid mandate to respond. metro Van is funded by our property tax dollars, so they really should respond if you live in the GVRD. I am not holding my breath for a response from MV either though. One downside of the regional multi-muni government is a relative lack of accountability, compared to lower tier munis.

Been a couple weeks now, got a response from NSMBA saying they don't want to see it decommissioned (well.. it already is) and they're on the same page. Nothing from LSCR though. Lame. They don't care what we have to say.

June 21, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

Well the Bowen Island bike park has also been flattened by Metro Vancouver. This is a bigger picture problem.

June 21, 2014, 9:38 p.m.

Been a couple weeks now, got a response from NSMBA saying they don't want to see it decommissioned (well.. it already is) and they're on the same page. Nothing from LSCR though. Lame. They don't care what we have to say.

Probably not. I just prodded them again to answer my original email.

June 23, 2014, 1:15 p.m.

Well the Bowen Island bike park has also been flattened by Metro Vancouver. This is a bigger picture problem.

Oh man, most people have no idea what a big problem Metro Van can be. Zero accountability. Tons of power. Its supposed to be looking out for interests of the region, and there are a lot of good projects out there, but sometimes it just feels like a giant bureaucratic steamroller. Flattening a kids bike park.

And then they probably have tons of meetings with all sorts of mid-level managers trying to figure out why so many people are cutting unauthorized trails. :fu:

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 23, 2014, 1:33 p.m.

http://bowen-island-bc.com/forum/read.php?1,1294240

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/