UFC SEMI-FINALS

April 2, 2005, 11:21 a.m.

Originally posted by Dalifted1
ok my question is steve had enuff votes to win any other round pretty much how did trails guy break the 3000 mark with almost 4000 votes when no one else has broke 3000 doesnt make sense to me

more people voted?

April 2, 2005, 11:42 a.m.

WOW!, Brooks'/ Gatzka's second Vid was unreal! A full bag of tricks, to go with the big airs, and full of tech riding aswell. No Foot CAn of the ord gap is amazing!

April 2, 2005, 6:08 p.m.

Originally posted by morley
**Personally I don't like seeing DJ's, skatepark, street riding, and trials in the UFC, because my deffinition of freeriding dosen't encompase those riding styles. However, with that being said I think some people should give Joe credit for his tech riding skill. There is no reason to bash him or make some outragous claims that trials riders are banding together to make him win. In fact more then 99% of all trials riders don't even have a clue what going on with the UFC right now, and on the canadian trials website [biketrials.ca] there has been NO talk about Joe or his video.

The trials community is also a very niche aspect of mountain biking, so there is no 'big group' of riders that could even make a difference even if we wanted too. All in all joe is a really chill down to earth guy [one of the nicest riders I've ever met], and after watching his video I realized the reason he has gained a large percentage of the votes is because he presented the viewer with somthing different. Most freeriders or people on this website [or riding in general] don't have a clue what's going on in trials these days or even about the freetrials side of the sport. Perhaps instead of bashing Joe [and trials] some people should give him credit for his alternative riding style and how difficult and tedious trials really is. In the end we need more unity in the sport, and besides there are lots of great trials riders besides ryan and jeff.

PS - Joe is riding a Norco evolve a bike that costs less then 1000 dollars. **

true dat to the max Morley, you rock man.

Yeeeeehaw

=DeVo=

April 2, 2005, 6:13 p.m.

Originally posted by polytics
more people voted?

nut where did these extra thousand come from no other round has had votiing like that he must have a secret trials fan club but over all i think kurt will win and he is 16 so he has soo much time to only get better

April 2, 2005, 7:16 p.m.

I think Joe deserved to win. everybody and their dog is throwin huge airs, its not that big of a deal anymore. freeriding may be heading in a new direction. thats the whole point of freeriding, its free of limitations and definitions. I don't think raceface needs another big huck biker. a rider like joe would really be able to represent raceface at competions like crankworx and red bull ride.

just my 2c

it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun

April 2, 2005, 7:35 p.m.

Originally posted by Loopie
So sign up with your random e-mail???

you have to beable to use the email to sign up, you gotta get that link from the verifieing email. If you really wanted to screw up the ufc, you could take all the email's from here and other boards and use other people's votes before they get a chance to vote too :shhh:

Seriously raceface needs at least passwords with the emails, that wouldn't be hard to do at all.

April 2, 2005, 8:47 p.m.

Geez people, why the hate? Each finalist is talented in his own way.

What Joe in his video is amazing; it would make an awesome segment in any MTB video. I'm pretty sure he could ride a big squish on a lot of the stunts we've seen so far.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 2, 2005, 8:49 p.m.

i think kurt/brooks Gatzka's will be in the finals, that there is a tuff decison, does anyone know the song used in kurts first video??

Bicycle Fockers

April 2, 2005, 10:45 p.m.

I dont know why everyone is making such a big deal about all of this. Everyone is seeming to come up with excuses because Steve T didnt win his round. Still, there isnt a big increase in votes. There is still around 6000, no change from any other rounds. Im sure Kurt Sorge will get more than 3000 votes this round. Are you people going to say that it's rigged because he beat Dustin by so much? Stop fucking whining like little bitches, the world is not going to end.

April 2, 2005, 10:53 p.m.

Originally posted by Last Transmission
i think kurt/brooks Gatzka's will be in the finals, that there is a tuff decison, does anyone know the song used in kurts first video??

Bounce by Dj Quick

April 3, 2005, 11:09 a.m.

Originally posted by Last Transmission
, does anyone know the song used in kurts first video??

sexuality by DJ Quik

April 3, 2005, 12:02 p.m.

Originally posted by Professor Frink
I dont know why everyone is making such a big deal about all of this. Everyone is seeming to come up with excuses because Steve T didnt win his round. Still, there isnt a big increase in votes. There is still around 6000, no change from any other rounds. Im sure Kurt Sorge will get more than 3000 votes this round. Are you people going to say that it's rigged because he beat Dustin by so much? Stop fucking whining like little bitches, the world is not going to end.

Excellent observation.

April 3, 2005, 12:10 p.m.

Originally posted by pincushion13M
Some you guys gotta pull your head out of your asses. Just cause joe's style of riding is different from the bigmountain type crowd doesnt make him any less skilled, the stuff hes doing isnt easy. Obviously 800 more people also think so. Sure steves a sick rider… but the bottom line is his video wasnt good enough to go to the semi's. Theres 3 riders in this house, all of us expected steve to win in all honesty, there was so much hype, when we actualyl saw his vid, we were all like "that was it?" Just cause your fav rider or the one you voted for didnt get in is no reason to go on bashing a guy you never met, or start saying he has a bunch of his friends voting and thats the only reason he won. My 2

April 3, 2005, 1:23 p.m.

Originally posted by Professor Frink

wow dude, you pretty much summed it up:D

April 3, 2005, 6:10 p.m.

Some of the posts on this thread are disgusting. Some of you are resorting to personal attacks based on…riding style?!???!!!

Seriously.