UFC comments week 4

March 26, 2005, 1:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Mordax
**as a trials rider, it was nice to see some trials in the UFC. one of the guys earlier had a little trials in his vid, but it wasn't that great. this joe guy has some real talent. those tree backflips are ri-cock-ulous and the front flip looks pretty nuts. i think my vote is he doesn't land it, but who knows.

anyways, trials is sick, he's not gonna win the whole thing, but it was nice to see **

I hope he does win….it looks like he has no fear of jumping I mean if he can pull a front flip he's a bit of a nut. That guy on a big bike would be cool to see trying some of that stuff. That vid was the only one that showed anything new.

March 26, 2005, 3:34 p.m.

I think the trials thing is really sweet, but keep in mind this is the Ultimate FREERIDE championship. Sure he does some nifty air moves, and definatly some cool trial/street moves but its not the same as Freeriding. If this was a contest for riding in general, he would definatly get my vote, but can you picture him riding in next years red bull rampage (if there was one)?

March 26, 2005, 4:18 p.m.

Originally posted by fergs
If you're looking for Collective calibre riding [HTML_REMOVED] filming, then you're looking in the wrong place. I've been impressed by the vids. I'd love to have the skills these kids have.

Even the Collective's riding didn't step anything up. it was just a wonderfully made film.

Everyone expects so much from these amateur riders…why not go rag on the pros who ARE being payed and ARENT pushing the sport further?!

2005 Demon frame- $950 OBO. BUY ME

March 26, 2005, 4:27 p.m.

after what i've been reading steve seems to be the guy to vote for, but this joe schmo guy seems to have it goin on, so hes getting my vote….without even watching his video

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 26, 2005, 4:39 p.m.

Originally posted by Rampager
I think the trials thing is really sweet, but keep in mind this is the Ultimate FREERIDE championship. Sure he does some nifty air moves, and definatly some cool trial/street moves but its not the same as Freeriding. If this was a contest for riding in general, he would definatly get my vote, but can you picture him riding in next years red bull rampage (if there was one)?

Where does it say that he is going to be going in the Rampage? It says BIKE BATTLE. The street version. Freeride is anything you want to ride on a bike. Freeriding isnt just doing big drops and skinnies, it's freetrials, Dh, jumping, street, etc. Basically anything that can be done on a bike. Last time I checked, he was on a bike too, and has the most skill out of anyone there.

March 26, 2005, 4:43 p.m.

Originally posted by fergs
For all of you who aren't satisfied with the crop of videos this year: why don't you share with us what it is that you're looking for specifically? I've read a lot of "next year I hope they step it up" etc., step it up to what? Remember, these guys aren't pro. If you're looking for Collective calibre riding [HTML_REMOVED] filming, then you're looking in the wrong place. I've been impressed by the vids. I'd love to have the skills these kids have.

I dont think it's the fact that the riders are bad, but this is the 4th year and a lot of the stuff filmed is things that we have seen in every video, the first 3 seasons of UFC and DropIn. Dave Mclaughlin should have made it past the first round. He has more skill in every aspect of biking. I dont see many people bar spinning, manualing forever and doing 360s in the vids. Next year I want to see general overall skill, rather than just someone who can do one or 2 things above average. Someone like Dave, who can do Djs, drops/gaps, street and Dh. No one has come close to fulfilling these other than Dave.

March 26, 2005, 5:14 p.m.

Originally posted by Professor Frink
I dont think it's the fact that the riders are bad, but this is the 4th year and a lot of the stuff filmed is things that we have seen in every video, the first 3 seasons of UFC and DropIn. Dave Mclaughlin should have made it past the first round. He has more skill in every aspect of biking. I dont see many people bar spinning, manualing forever and doing 360s in the vids. Next year I want to see general overall skill, rather than just someone who can do one or 2 things above average. Someone like Dave, who can do Djs, drops/gaps, street and Dh. No one has come close to fulfilling these other than Dave.

Maybe this goes to show that people would rather see someone who is the best at one style of riding as opposed some one who is pretty good at everything. I would much rather watch kurtis sorge or steve t rip insanely than this dave mclauglin rip everything okayly.

March 26, 2005, 5:45 p.m.

Have there even been any 360's?

www.gnarwhale.com

March 26, 2005, 5:55 p.m.

Originally posted by Kyle "No Way" Wilcox
Have there even been any 360's?

Dave Mclaughlin

March 26, 2005, 6:24 p.m.

Freeriding isnt just doing big drops and skinnies, it's freetrials, Dh, jumping, street, etc.

Freetrials down aline would be sweet, fully rigid hell ya I am sticking my sisters rigid fork on my bike.

This is ridiculous, someone comes up with a silly name of freetrials and backflips and everyone is in awwwwww just like Goss one foot high tailwhip to flat. Big Air Bomb Scares. Its a backflip, with the tree as the lip, what is the difference than any other backflip?

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com

March 26, 2005, 6:50 p.m.

Originally posted by Chump
**Freetrials down aline would be sweet, fully rigid hell ya I am sticking my sisters rigid fork on my bike.

This is ridiculous, someone comes up with a silly name of freetrials and backflips and everyone is in awwwwww just like Goss one foot high tailwhip to flat. Big Air Bomb Scares. Its a backflip, with the tree as the lip, what is the difference than any other backflip?

Steve **

Dont knock something you cant do. Anyone can do big drops, it takes skill to do tree backflips and such. I want to see you pick up a bike and pull that stuff.

March 26, 2005, 6:53 p.m.

e-fight,,
Chump reppin the Big air bomb scares
and Frink the tree hugger..

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

March 26, 2005, 6:55 p.m.

Originally posted by Chump
**Freetrials down aline would be sweet, fully rigid hell ya I am sticking my sisters rigid fork on my bike.

Steve **

Didn't you say in your bio "I would never get a big head and think I had too big of an ego than anyone else?"

To me, your comment above says otherwise, especially since it's a competitor you're flaming.

I voted for Joe P.

March 26, 2005, 6:58 p.m.

Next year when I make a UFC video I will be sure to put in 15 clips of backflips, and other innovative things.

www.gnarwhale.com

March 26, 2005, 6:58 p.m.

Dont knock something you cant do. Anyone can do big drops, it takes skill to do tree backflips and such. I want to see you pick up a bike and pull that stuff.

I can't and it would be the same for me to say to you or Joe to go pick up a bike and no hand Ord, or even hit half the stuff that is in Kamloops. It takes skills in different regions to do what Joe and I do. I just think a backflip isn't anything exciting its been done before, the tree is his lip I don't see the big wow factor? I don't know maybe I am being biased cause I ride big line biking but I just can't open my mind up to trials and the excitment. Sorry for giving my opinion, thought I was entitled to since everyone else are.

Can't compare the levels of riding there two different classes.

Save a tree, Flip it.

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com