Triple crown

Oct. 30, 2016, 7:37 p.m.

I'm doing the triple crown tomorrow morning, going from Seymour to Cypress. I have a good idea of what trails I will do on Seymour and Fromme but still haven't decided what to do on Cypress. Does anyone have any ideas for a good line down cypress? I would like to do a big decent. I'm leaning towards Wild cherry/roach hit/roach clip.

Also if anyone is interested in joining me send me a PM, I'm meeting a friend for the Fromme lap.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

Add SGS off the top first?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:57 p.m.

Add SGS off the top first?

Yes I might, just depends how much energy I have. I've actually only ridden Blind Skier and SGS once before and I remember I had a tough time figuring out where I'm going.. I rarely ride Cypress only maybe 10 times ever.

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

Hope you wore a rain jacket. :)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Yes I might, just depends how much energy I have. I've actually only ridden Blind Skier and SGS once before and I remember I had a tough time figuring out where I'm going.. I rarely ride Cypress only maybe 10 times ever.

Last time we rode the crown up cypress - did Jersey Shore and Stupid grouse all the way down to the upper levels. Then it's 2 or 4 pints at different breweries on the way back along the spirit trail to bridge brewing where we started.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:08 p.m.

Then it's 2 or 4 pints at different breweries on the way back along the spirit trail to bridge brewing where we started.

I'd join someone for this stage of a triple crown. :beer:

Oct. 31, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

Oh man that was tough.. I did Seymour and fromme but bailed after that, the 2 people that said they were going to join me bailed this morning and I attempted it solo. I got kinda discouraged at the daunting task of still having to ride cypress with wet loaves of bread on my feet. Next year in the dry with people is more sensible..

Oct. 31, 2016, 2:40 p.m.

Oh man that was tough.. I did Seymour and fromme but bailed after that, the 2 people that said they were going to join me bailed this morning and I attempted it solo. I got kinda discouraged at the daunting task of still having to ride cypress with wet loaves of bread on my feet. Next year in the dry with people is more sensible..

Late summer is by far the best time to go IMO . The ride thru the BP's, Millstream, up Cypress is a grunt for sure. With wet feet, not so much fun

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 31, 2016, 3 p.m.

still pretty good considering the weather.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 31, 2016, 3:40 p.m.

These are must-haves for Vancouver winter riding. They're awesome, not commutery at all. With the right socks you can go out in a downpour and come home with relatively comfy feet. I had no idea how much I suffered from wet feet until it stopped.

http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/us/fw/products/offroad/028sh_mw7.php

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 31, 2016, 11:14 p.m.

These are must-haves for Vancouver winter riding. They're awesome, not commutery at all. With the right socks you can go out in a downpour and come home with relatively comfy feet. I had no idea how much I suffered from wet feet until it stopped.

http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/us/fw/products/offroad/028sh_mw7.php

Agreed!
Though they don't have to be specifically the Shimano shoes, Northwave, Lake and a few others make good winter riding boots, I have a pair of Cronos (Italian company), they are the cats ass for wet weather riding.

It is worth the investment ($250+), if you truly want to ride year round.

Nov. 1, 2016, 12:02 p.m.

I might pick up a pair of these https://www.mec.ca/en/product/4000-338/Stretch-GORE-TEX-Oversocks#reviews And see how they work out, I have a few friends that swear by them. I'm a bit skeptical about anything that claims to be "waterproof" I bought a 150$ pair of castelli biking gloves that are supposed to be waterproof and they were completely saturated the first time I wore them in the rain after 2 hrs.

Nov. 1, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

The problem is that they don't breath. If it's really wet and raining, water can get into your socks/shoes by running down your leg. Same with sweat. So good wool socks are important as they'll keep your feet feeling dry, and a couple layers can help.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 1, 2016, 6:04 p.m.

I might pick up a pair of these https://www.mec.ca/en/product/4000-338/Stretch-GORE-TEX-Oversocks#reviews And see how they work out, I have a few friends that swear by them. I'm a bit skeptical about anything that claims to be "waterproof" I bought a 150$ pair of castelli biking gloves that are supposed to be waterproof and they were completely saturated the first time I wore them in the rain after 2 hrs.

Hmm I bought an $8 of work gloves that keep my hands dry lol! Pretty poor feel on the bars+brake levers, whatever. Never found the perfect solution for feet, wool socks+my five tens that shed water alright is good enough.

Nov. 1, 2016, 9:14 p.m.

Hey, I'm not saying the cycling boots are perfect, as stated above, your foot will get wet from the top down, coming through the sock.

What I am saying is, they are the best solution I have found for a problem that cant be solved. Although a lot of the time my foot ends up wet inside the boot, they are warm and windproof, so I can still do long rides in crap weather. Best money I spent on kit, I get more use out of them than anything else I own, even though I don't use them in the summer.