Trails suitable for Cyclocross

Oct. 4, 2016, 8:20 a.m.

Can anyone recommend some trails on the North Shore suitable to ride with a cyclocross bike? Other than your typical Seymour Valley Trailway, Fisherman's, Twin bridge, Hyannis…anyone every try bridle path? The answer seems to be "sure, it can be done but why?" Just trying to find some variety and see if others have tried.
Any feedback would be great. Thanks for reading.

Oct. 4, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

Can anyone recommend some trails on the North Shore suitable to ride with a cyclocross bike? Other than your typical Seymour Valley Trailway, Fisherman's, Twin bridge, Hyannis…anyone every try bridle path? The answer seems to be "sure, it can be done but why?" Just trying to find some variety and see if others have tried.

Along the rim of Lynn Canyon on the East side has a trail system with small obstacles etc. See lots of CX riders thru there when trail running. You can do circuit including the Juryn, Diamond trail, down to Butterslap ride a bunch of trails that interweave.. All loamy muddy and fun.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 4, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

I'm not a cyclocross rider but I did see a guy riding bridle on a CX bike. Also saw a guy riding the Baden Powell on Fromme.

Oct. 4, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

I've also met a guy on a CX bike on Bridle on Seymour.

It wouldn't be too technical, but ride out Indian River Drive, up the Baden Powell to the Seymour Road, carry on across BP, up Mushroom, then circle back on Powerline (not sure how CX wheels would work on that) to get back to OB or the Seymour road.

Oct. 4, 2016, 9:06 p.m.

BP has a lot of roots - better attempted when not wet.

Up Fisherman's, then across the Spur 4 bridge and up to the dam. It isn't technical but it works. You can also loop back on hatchery trail (short, but fun), up LSCR road to midpoint, then down to mid valley viewpoint and back via Fisherman's.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 5, 2016, 3:31 p.m.

I see plenty of CX riders on Circuit 8 and Mountain Highway.

Oct. 5, 2016, 11:50 p.m.

I heard Bookwus is fun on a cx bike

Oct. 6, 2016, 6:34 a.m.

Powerlines, juryn, circuit 8

Oct. 6, 2016, 1:07 p.m.

Definitely going to have to try some of these options on the CX bike.
Not to thread-jack but anyone riding Queens Cross this Saturday?

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Oct. 20, 2016, 2:22 p.m.

large nearby soccer fields.

Oct. 20, 2016, 7:46 p.m.

No.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 20, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Got passed on Penny Lane by a guy on a CX bike once. Met him at the crossing of Severed which he proceeded to ride down. He admitted before dropping in that it wasn't a good idea.

There's some good CXing in the woods in Stanley Park if you're feeling like a ride to and from also.

Oct. 21, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

There are also climb routes on Cypress that go up each side of Cypress Creek. Also Bobsled.

https://www.strava.com/activities/357062758

https://www.strava.com/activities/577474660

https://www.strava.com/activities/540685717

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Oct. 23, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

No.

Golf courses then.
Ride up and down the fairways dismounting to run through all the sand traps. Whew. I'm tired just thinking about it!

Burnaby mtn. Met a guy on a x bike who rode up North Road trail from the bottom. Dunno' where he went after that….but look at the map, you make a good power building circuit up there for sure.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 24, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

Here's another option for trails.

Cyclocross at the office

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen