"Trails find you when you are ready"

Sept. 22, 2006, 7:08 p.m.

So I've heard the saying "trails find you when you're ready" thrown around a bit lately and it got me thinking. There is an obviouis code on these boards not to post trail directions, but even when people ask to be PM'd directions they get a response that ranges from annoyed to asshole.

I'm wondering when you are at Seymour, Grouse, Cypress, Woodlot, Eagle or where ever, and someone approaches you at the top or bottom and says they have never ridden there b4 and asks for directions, do you give them the same response you give them on here. ie. "trails find you when you are ready", or do you give them the goods or tell them to tag along?

I tend to let them follow or give them directions. If it appears they are over their head, like if they have no armour and their seat is cranked up 2 feet I might include a warning and directions to an easier trail, but on a whole I don't have any problem giving directions. Am I the minority here??????

Sept. 22, 2006, 7:11 p.m.

i tell them to screw off.

Sept. 22, 2006, 7:45 p.m.

I tell them about the amazing trails that are hidden in the area, the kind that are plastered on the covers of bike mags and will haunt their dreams for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I can take them there….. For a price….

iforonewelcome.com

Sept. 22, 2006, 7:58 p.m.

i tell people, if the trail is that great then there is also a good chance that its hard to find.

Sept. 22, 2006, 8 p.m.

basically Im a slut and take them w me and then regret it.

Sept. 22, 2006, 8:18 p.m.

well, as long as you can admit it. (LOL)

Sept. 22, 2006, 8:37 p.m.

Yup. I've reaped the benefits of your whoring habits. But I'm very grateful!

j/k - I don't think any of the trails you took me on were "secret." But they were awesome.

Sept. 22, 2006, 8:44 p.m.

I agree with what Templeton is saying in that I would never say something so ridiculous to someone asking for directions. I also feel that sometimes we come down on a guy too hard when he asks for directions here.

But… as for trails finding you when you are ready - I am a firm believer in the concept. Truer words have never been spoken, IMO. For e.g - if you go out and ride [HTML_REMOVED] hang out on Fromme enough, you will find GMG. If you're asking where it is then chances are you haven't put in enough time over there.

Sept. 22, 2006, 8:51 p.m.

Yup. I've reaped the benefits of your whoring habits. But I'm very grateful!

j/k - I don't think any of the trails you took me on were "secret." But they were awesome.

c'mon!!! I wasn't talking about you! lol.

this summer was the summer of the random rider…and they just seemed to keep finding me.not including moe..moe yer dynomite baby.

i dunno if we have any truly secret trails on the coast.probably and I dont even know about them..

Sept. 22, 2006, 9:57 p.m.

Im gonna get flamed for this but…

When im at the location, and someone tells me, i tell them where they all. I enjoy seeing people progressing. I dont enjoy a person stumbling upon a trail like flying circus and killing themselves because they didnt know what was what. I feel if you tell them where the trail is (at there skill level) than its cool.

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:30 p.m.

Im gonna get flamed for this but…

When im at the location, and someone tells me, i tell them where they all.

wtf

I guess grammar also finds you when you are ready

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:39 p.m.

wtf

I guess grammar also finds you when you are ready

hahahahahahahaha!!!

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

..`Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.."-Mike Ness

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:41 p.m.

wow, 1000 posts and you have only been here since june. wow

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:48 p.m.

When time lets me, I'll go and ride the huckwagon up. Hopefully with a map and some munchies, I'll find my way down solo and have fun while I'm at it.

I love Whistler, but I miss the days when I used to explorer trails with buddies.

Unfortunately for me, I've never been to the shore.

Fortunately, I now have time. Be it winter, but what the heck.

I agree though.

Trails find you when you are ready.

Knowing my luck, I will end up on Boogieman for my 1st ride (so I hear it's the balls). :)

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Sept. 22, 2006, 11:13 p.m.

Knowing my luck, I will end up on Boogieman for my 1st ride (so I hear it's the balls). :)

Take a right at the end of pingu ;)