trailforks

Feb. 5, 2013, 8:20 a.m.

^^ well put, he's been nothing but respectful in my dealing with him.

dude, have you talked to your local trail organization reps? did they actually think it was a good idea to put that trail online?

you may think it is a good idea, but i doubt you really have a good picture of the situation where you are building.

Feb. 5, 2013, 9:32 a.m.

dude, have you talked to your local trail organization reps? did they actually think it was a good idea to put that trail online?

you may think it is a good idea, but i doubt you really have a good picture of the situation where you are building.

???

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 10, 2013, 2:38 p.m.

Who is the turd on the dirt bike?
You are probably unaware of the problems we have up Doumont with dirt bike wrecking trails. Not good.
As a person who rides both Mountain and dirt bike I ride only my dirt bike on trails design for dirt bikes. Poaching MTB trails is no cool.
There is so much area up there to build trails but the lazy DB poach and wreck MTB trails that I and many other have put a lot of work into.

Not very good trail advocacy Mr Trailfork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJKYahELD0

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Feb. 10, 2013, 2:57 p.m.

You are probably unaware of the problems we have up Doumont with dirt bike wrecking trails. Not good.
As a person who rides both Mountain and dirt bike I ride only my dirt bike on trails design for dirt bikes. Poaching MTB trails is no cool.
There is so much area up there to build trails but the lazy DB poach and wreck MTB trails that I and many other have put a lot of work into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJKYahELD0

Was there a moto in the vid? I was too busy counting all the nails hammered into live trees. I got up to 935 and lost count.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 10, 2013, 3 p.m.

Was there a moto in the vid? I was too busy counting all the nails hammered into live trees. I got up to 935 and lost count.

Doumont has a lot of shitty grom built stunts. It is slowly getting better. Billy M is learning.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

Feb. 10, 2013, 4:17 p.m.

Maybe i missed something? But how/why are you blaming this on Trailforks??? Some guy decides to shred a trail on his DB and its trailforks fault?

Care to explain the link a little more clearly?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 10, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

Maybe i missed something? But how/why are you blaming this on Trailforks??? Some guy decides to shred a trail on his DB and its trailforks fault?

Care to explain the link a little more clearly?

He is riding with the dirt biker.

Feb. 10, 2013, 6:12 p.m.

Oh great, another NSMB forum witch hunt. :rolleyes:

Canadaka is a passionate and respectful mountain biker. He has obviously made real efforts to populate Trailforks respectfully and without pissing people off. He has been responding constructively to criticism. Let's cut him some slack folks!

Feb. 10, 2013, 6:30 p.m.

Oh great, another NSMB forum witch hunt. :rolleyes:

Canadaka is a passionate and respectful mountain biker. He has obviously made real efforts to populate Trailforks respectfully and without pissing people off. He has been responding constructively to criticism. Let's cut him some slack folks!

I am not on a witch hunt, If you look at my other posts in this thread you will see I am pro Trail Forks. Hugely pro trail forks. I was just scrolling trough his vid and saw this.
As a rider and trail builder up Doumont I have see first hand the damage dirt bikes have done to the trails that mountain bikers have built on that hill. I have had to fill many a burn out rut that they have left behind. That is all I am talking about.

Feb. 10, 2013, 7:26 p.m.

That's still an issue in areas but in Doumont's defense, many of those stunts you see in the video were built many years ago (10+years). Not too much different on the Shore back in those days….

With the new machine trail and nice new singletrack, Doumont is becoming a nice place to ride again. Unfortunatly it's right beside the Moto track, so seeing them on the singletrack is not unusual.

There is some nice new building going on though. This is an entry to a fantastic jump trail. It was in one of Steve Smith's recent videos when he was riding his Dixon:

Feb. 10, 2013, 7:27 p.m.

I am not on a witch hunt, If you look at my other posts in this thread you will see I am pro Trail Forks. Hugely pro trail forks. I was just scrolling trough his vid and saw this.
As a rider and trail builder up Doumont I have see first hand the damage dirt bikes have done to the trails that mountain bikers have built on that hill. I have had to fill many a burn out rut that they have left behind. That is all I am talking about.

so instead of calling him out, why not send a message, ask what was up, and tell him about the moto problems and maybe politely ask to remove the vid, if it's so bad?

Feb. 10, 2013, 7:33 p.m.

That's still an issue in areas but in Doumont's defense, many of those stunts you see in the video were built many years ago (10+years). Not too much different on the Shore back in those days….

With the new machine trail and nice new singletrack, Doumont is becoming a nice place to ride again. Unfortunatly it's right beside the Moto track, so seeing them on the singletrack is not unusual.

There is some nice new building going on though. This is an entry to a fantastic jump trail. It was in one of Steve Smith's recent videos when he was riding his Dixon:

As I said Billy has really upped his build quality.

Here is a vid of the trail

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/276787/

Skids are not cutties.

Feb. 10, 2013, 7:48 p.m.

so instead of calling him out, why not send a message, ask what was up, and tell him about the moto problems and maybe politely ask to remove the vid, if it's so bad?

Read my OP. I did not call him out I just made him aware.

Feb. 10, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

He is riding with the dirt biker.

"ah…I see" said the blind man.

"He" is Canadaka…… got ya.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 11, 2013, 12:52 a.m.

Skids are not cutties.

What are you trying to say here?

flickr