trail recommendations for silverstar and sunpeaks

Aug. 5, 2009, 8:51 p.m.

Me and the wife are heading to sun peaks and silver star this weekend, and we want to know what some of the good trails are. we def know that at silver star double is a must ride. is there anything on the hill that compares to devils club, smokin mirrors, karate monkey, duff man, too tight, angry pirate, or in deep from whistler.
as well any reccomendations for trails on sunpeaks and at fernie mtn resort for the elk chair.
please note we dont like jumps unless its crank it up style and nothing to steep like comparative to rock city or clown shoes.

any help or suggestions are appreciated…

if you think we should skip fernie and ride in nelson let us know where to go.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Aug. 5, 2009, 9:22 p.m.

please note we dont like jumps unless its crank it up style and nothing to steep like comparative to rock city or clown shoes.

If you don't like steep: on Sun Peaks, stay away from Honey Drop.

Aug. 5, 2009, 9:33 p.m.

Superstar at Silverstar is similar to Crank it up. Rockstar for a bigger version of Superstar.

Aug. 5, 2009, 9:48 p.m.

Fernie is a lot of fun! I also here great things about Nelson. Nelson probably has better trails but you don't have the lift luxury.

That being said, Fernie has fun trails. Most of them are really good to try. Kodiak Karnage is very steep. The rest of the Elk chair isn't that steep and the only real jump trail is Top Gun. Aggravated Assault is my fav

Aug. 5, 2009, 9:57 p.m.

Shazam! At Silverstar

Sugar at Sun Peaks.

Fun fun fun!
Posted via Mobile Irish Whiskey Device

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 6, 2009, 8:19 a.m.

Went to Sun Peaks and Fernie last week, here's the low down:

SP: Everything seemed pretty steep, even the blue runs. Route 66 goes right under the chair and has some nice bermed corners. My wife and I really enjoyed Sweet One and Arm Pump. Steam Shovel is the jump trail there and is more like freight train in size/steepness than CIU.

Fernie: This was the most "dumbed down" resort that we rode last week. There are no drops to speak of, everything is a roller. Also, there are very few jumps. Having said that, Alternate Flight Path and Aggravated Assault are fun rides if you like North Shore stunts. Top Gun is a jump trail, but very short. Our favourite run of the day was Hornet to Phat Larry's.

Have a great time!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 6, 2009, 8:30 a.m.

Sounds like we like the same trails, so here's my list.

Sun Peaks:
Top Half of mountain =
Gummy Bear (fun blue singletrack)
Mach (not what it sounds like - right beside Gummy Bear)
Sugar (bit of a flat pedal to trailhead but well worth it)

Bottom Half =
Sweet One (best boardwalks on the mtn)
Arm Pump (either Sweet One or Arm Pump to get you to the bottom after Sugar)
Root Dog (short blue run - roots and boardwalks at the bottom of the hill instead of the biker cross under the chair)

Favorite linked combo:
Kaboom to Honey Drop to Sweet One to Mountain High Pizza for a well earned lunch.

Silver Star:
Superstar and Shazaam till your tendons scream.
Best berms and blue jumps anywhere.
Low to Ground for woodwork.

Kamloops Bike Riders Association
Build It.__Ride It.

Aug. 7, 2009, 10:07 p.m.

cool thanks

here to ride but i'm to busy building