Trail Recommendations For My Wife

June 15, 2018, 11:40 p.m.

Hi y'all, my wife and I bike lots and we have our favorites. We ride more in squamish than the shore but lately we have been heading to the shore more and more. Wondering what routes you would recommend I take her on based on the desire not to scare the shit out of her.

She loves good sir Martin to dale's to forever after. Favorite one hour route on the shore for her. 

Asian Adonis was boring for her. 

Seventh secret, kricum and kirk Ford she likes ok. 

Espresso she finds a little dull. 

Based on these wondering what would be your suggestions? Bookwus, Grammies, oil can? Boogie man? Severed dick? 

Thanks for your suggestions

June 16, 2018, 7:21 a.m.

Bookwus or Grannies just might scare her. I'd try something in between first. 

Executioner to Dreamweaver. Executioner is techy but not deathy and Dreamweaver is tech XC all the way down. Try climbing For The Kids + connectors to climb all the way to Executioner on trails rather than the Mountain Highway access road. It's a hard climb but you avoid the crowds. The climbing trail won't save you any time though :)

On Cypress: Tall Cans. You can shuttle to the first lot or pedal up the BLT. Then do Slippery Canoe to Pull Tab to Upper Tall Cans to Wutang. This is the most moderate option on Cypress and super fun. This route would be a step up technically from John Deer but no death moves or mega steeps. Also the least populated option.

June 16, 2018, 7:56 a.m.

On Seymour:

Incline-Pingu-Pangor-Boogie Nights is an amazing lap with a bit of everything. Try Severed first to build up. If you haven't run John Deer yet its also a great trail.

Hand-cramping fun would be Neds.

Tons of awesome to try out.

June 17, 2018, 8:48 p.m.

Thanks for the suggestions. I took her for a little figure 8 on Seymour. up good sir martin, down the severed D new entrance to john deer then across to old buck and up for pingor pangor and over to boogie nights.

She loved pangor and didn't really care for the rest. Turns out she doesn't like flow/jump trails as she doesn't like taking air but all the steep tech stuff is great. She was bored on john deer and pingu as well as boogie nights for that reason. God bless that she loves steep techy trails - it's like god came down and gave me this gift.

I think we will go try severed D next on seymour. anyone know if C-buster is similar?

The cypress loop suggested by craw sounds good - will try next week.

Thanks again

June 17, 2018, 11:22 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

She was bored on john deer

If you’re not having fun whipping through the corners on John Deer, you have no soul :D

Trails that aren’t smooth:

Fromme: Pipeline, Ladies Only, Upper and Lower Oil Can, Executioner, Lower Crippler

Seymour: Boogieman, Severed, Shorn, Applicator, Ned’s,

Salamander and Sticks and Stones if she likes punchy.

C-Buster is fun but pretty challenging and janky.

All of Cypress.

Last edited by: D_C_ on June 17, 2018, 11:35 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 19, 2018, 10:43 a.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: RAHrider

She was bored on john deer

If you’re not having fun whipping through the corners on John Deer, you have no soul :D

Trails that aren’t smooth:

Fromme: Pipeline, Ladies Only, Upper and Lower Oil Can, Executioner, Lower Crippler

Seymour: Boogieman, Severed, Shorn, Applicator, Ned’s,

Salamander and Sticks and Stones if she likes punchy.

C-Buster is fun but pretty challenging and janky.

All of Cypress.

I also have no soul (or so I've been told) so would totally agree with the above recommendations, But I'd add Grannies, Upper Crippler and Bookwus onto the Fromme list, as well as Skull!!!   steep and tech always... I also think that you can find a different type of flow when riding janky technical trails, but it's more earned than just a given!

June 20, 2018, 5:03 p.m.

C-Buster has some great steep rock sections with hard corners if she is into that stuff! I haven't ridden the hard stuff on the west side of Cypress but I think it's the pinnacle for steep tech on the shore isn't it?

June 21, 2018, 7:37 a.m.

On cypress ride up BLT to the third switchback for Dirty Harry. When you come out of that head back up BLT a bit to Roach Clip. Roach Clip back up to Fern and go to Trunk Monkey or Sex Boy back to where you’ll park at the 1st switchback.

If you want a warm up ->Upper Tall Cans, although that’s a wicked fun trail to rip down.

Last edited by: Ddean on June 21, 2018, 7:37 a.m., edited 1 time in total.