Trail Map App for the North Shore

April 18, 2013, 1:21 p.m.

Appreciate the responses everyone!

Sorry about the crash, devices with low RAM ususally can't load the map, with 2500+ different Android devices it's impossible to test on all of them.

This is the only app on Android for biking trails on the North Shore.

The plan is to add more mountains this summer, if anyone wants to help out with mapping- mainly just hooking up GPX/GPS data, shoot me a pm.

It only crashed when i downloaded the map in app. After restarting the app, the map was there and worked fine.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

April 18, 2013, 1:47 p.m.

All good. No stress. Yay apps. Ride bikes.

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

April 19, 2013, 2:51 p.m.

the locals guide to the shore is 14.99
just saying

April 23, 2013, 3:11 p.m.

Thank you, works very well.

Also thank you for "The Rules", suggesting not riding after heavy rain, not braiding, ride don't slide etc was a nice touch.

under trail information it says Dreamweaver starts from executioner, but the map suggests otherwise?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 23, 2013, 6:32 p.m.

good app, hope to to see more mountains added.

Props

April 24, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

Awesome work! Thanks for creating this. How about Seymour next?

April 24, 2013, 1:37 p.m.

Not meaning to hijack this thread. But for those techy types who want to play. There is a new smartphone app called Runtastic. There's a free version available for iOS [HTML_REMOVED] android which has some pretty kool gps tracking capabilities. One of the awesome features is the mapping where you can access your tracks which you upload to their website/ If you click on the map [HTML_REMOVED] access one of the trail layers (OSM or something like that). It will show you the trail map for the area with your GPS tracks overlaid overtop. Very kool. Of course bear in mind smartphone GPS is not as accurate as true dedicated GPS. See screehshot from my ride last nite overlaid onto trail map via Runtastic

April 25, 2013, 1:08 a.m.

under trail information it says Dreamweaver starts from executioner, but the map suggests otherwise?

Correct [HTML_REMOVED] thanks, I will fix this on the next update.

We'll see about the next mountain to add, Seymour is definitely on the list, but I won't have time till later in the summer!

April 27, 2013, 10:03 a.m.

Had to make an account just say great app! Thanks for making it.