Trail maintenance day at OAK yesterday.

Jan. 19, 2003, 1:36 p.m.

:D

Oak was a good day yesterday.

We had about 10 people or so rebuilding the right side and the middle rhythm section. The middle section is now about 6 - 8 feet wide. All new lips and wider landings. A huge props to all who were diggin'!

Nigel
Sato
Evan
Jaurey
Preston
and the bmx'ers for making sure it got done right.

It was super foggy, so Fergs, Hylands and Frith came out to take advantage of the photo op. Rippers of the day were:

Andrew Cho - sweet no footed can-cans, no-footed one-handers and nothings.

Evan - Superman seatgrabs

Nigel - one handed toboggans, nac-nacs, and huge X-ups

Preston - workin on his supermans and buzzing his ass on his seat, before breaking his seatpost on a fouled up landing.

Sato - no-footed can cans

Ross aka, Bullit kid - MAD STYLE!

Pat and the little dood on the 4x4 bustin out the big set to the right! That was SUPER RAD!!

Ben, , , , on the Brodie, left his helmet and cell phone in front of Hylands' truck when he and Cho split. PM me for details if you need to get it back right away.

If we have more days like this OAK will be the spot to sesh all summer. Maybe we should do trail days at oak every week.?

Thanks guys, good times!!

CSD

:woot:

Jan. 19, 2003, 1:40 p.m.

Hahah taht was a rad Day!!

Chris was throwin down some huge suicide no handers, no footers, tabogans, flat ass tables! and just getting HUGEEE pop off the jump and his signature like Huge air thing that was funy I didnt know about the diggining thing but next time let me know ill come equiped wiht shovels and earlier.

definately a fun day:):thepimp:
hope to do this agian

haha ya we got to richmond and drove back to oak and sato told us Hylands just left! so we got a hold of him, bens gonna pick up his stuff soon:)

thanks

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

Jan. 19, 2003, 2:09 p.m.

damnit i wish i could have come out. sucks not having a bike!!!!! good to hear its going good down there again. will have to check it out
props to those that helped out.

yes i still ride a bike…rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Jan. 19, 2003, 2:18 p.m.

sounds awsome guys, i will have to go to oak sometime, since i've never been.:D sounds like a sweet place.

Jan. 19, 2003, 2:52 p.m.

It was easily the BEST day I have had at oak in a long time great crew lots of fun !

Jan. 19, 2003, 2:53 p.m.

good job guys, i should get out to oak and check it out, can i catch a ride with you one day ross? ps, u missed out on ov4fl0\/\/

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

Jan. 19, 2003, 3:35 p.m.

Nice! Hopefully I'll have my rig up and running by friday so I can come by…

ride street? bmx.

Jan. 19, 2003, 3:40 p.m.

Sounds pimptacular ! .. ill try to get out next day fo shizzel

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Jan. 19, 2003, 4:17 p.m.

the only time ive been to oak was in august and it was a dust pit! but the jumps are built sick! Sounds like u guys did some great work!:thepimp:

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:26 p.m.

hey chris, you up for next weekend ?

:)

thanks for the mad style

haha

i spread eagled on to the tranney first run haha

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:35 p.m.

I've never been to Oak. Is there anything there for a beginner (ie. small gaps?). Sounds like a nice place to hit up when I'm healed.

This space intentionally left blank.

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:37 p.m.

Hey, I willcome by on saturday probably and dig madly if its happenin.

That was a sick day! You guys got so much work done, and it was nice just hanging out etc. The attitude was great, tons people riding (glad I wasnt almost :lol:) but yeah, all in all a spectacular day.

Thanks for organising Chris
Del

Hope to see some gusy next sat, Ill bring a shovel or two aswell:thepimp:

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:39 p.m.

Originally posted by Gandalf
I've never been to Oak. Is there anything there for a beginner (ie. small gaps?). Sounds like a nice place to hit up when I'm healed.

mmm.. not really anymore, lol, the two big lines kinda took over hardcore :lol: they are BIG too

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:39 p.m.

Originally posted by Gandalf

yes there is a smaller set

like 5 foot gaps ..

Jan. 19, 2003, 5:42 p.m.

Weather permitting, we should be there next Saturday too, , , , , to fix up the jumps a bit more.

If we do that regularly, the jumps will be pimp by the time Spring rolls around.