Trail Dawgs are Awesome!

May 24, 2015, 11:21 a.m.

The other trail dog thread is about training and info, this one is all about the pics, vids and showing off how awesome your trail dawg is. I'll start:

Brisco, my first generation trail dog:

Taking a break in front of a jump on Sofa King, back when he was a freeride dog:
100_0263 by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

At the top of Moss Hunter, late in life on one of our "Senior Dog" paced XC rides:
Friday with brisco- Apr 5/13 by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

With his homies Kaya (RIP) and Hank after a real nice wet ride:
dags inthe trunk by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

Looking absolutely fucking majestic at the (other) top of Moss Hunter:
IMGP0404 by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

Pics of Lenny, my next generation of trail dogs to follow…

May 24, 2015, 11:44 p.m.

This is Potato Head.

His name is actually Chip, but I call him Potato Head because he is such a spaz sometimes.

He is big, loud, and barks at people he doesn't know. He loves his tiny humans and is a damn good trail dog. He's the best. :)

Join SIMBS and help mountain biking on the Rock

Get out of the way, freedom's coming through!

May 25, 2015, 7:13 a.m.

I call these two Team Wiener, as they can be a little retarded but riding without them just isn't the same. Tanny is my (black) lab who is sweet and a softy, and Jaxx is my gf's ballsy little malinois. They are awesome and love biking as much as I do.

May 25, 2015, 9 a.m.

This is Dude. He is more reliable then my human buddies. Bitches way less and doesn't drink my beer.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

May 26, 2015, 7:03 a.m.

Lovin' that pic of chip in the truck!

May 29, 2015, 11:27 p.m.

Hiking rather than biking for once today. Ashka quite enjoys being on woodwork at her own pace. I wouldn't make her run along it though. She normally just takes the Strava lines when biking.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 6, 2015, 2:26 p.m.

And, as promised, a shot of the next generation of Peacock trail dogs, Lennie (and his mexi-bro Milo. and me.) Top of Monz Plateou:

Len, Milo and I on top of The Monz by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

len by tashipeacock1, on Flickr

June 8, 2015, 10:28 a.m.

Trail dogs are cool, but what is with people wrapping up their dog's shit in bags and leaving it on the side of the trail. Is dog shit that toxic to the environment ? Seems to me preserving it in a bag is worse, then just lettings it rot in the trees.

June 8, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

I love dogs, I dont ride with them, but I'm wondering where you guys stand on this: when your dog runs out of the woods while I'm shredding and I smash into it causing possibly fatal injuries, how pissed are you going to be and will you take responsibility for bringing your dog out into a dangerous environment?
I've had some close calls with this where you don't even have a chance to react and I know a guy who broke 4 ribs when he bailed because someone's dog ran out on him on the trail in blue mountain Ontario.

June 8, 2015, 12:30 p.m.

Dakota does a great job of keeping an eye out for me while I trail build, keeps the bears and cougars away!

June 8, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

I love dogs, I dont ride with them, but I'm wondering where you guys stand on this: when your dog runs out of the woods while I'm shredding and I smash into it causing possibly fatal injuries, how pissed are you going to be and will you take responsibility for bringing your dog out into a dangerous environment?
I've had some close calls with this where you don't even have a chance to react and I know a guy who broke 4 ribs when he bailed because someone's dog ran out on him on the trail in blue mountain Ontario.

Maybe you should go for a ride in the mountains and chill out. Turning this thread into a unnecessary e-battle about a hypothetical situation isn't needed.

June 8, 2015, 1:11 p.m.

Maybe you should go for a ride in the mountains and chill out. Turning this thread into a unnecessary e-battle about a hypothetical situation isn't needed.

yes

June 8, 2015, 1:37 p.m.

Your buddies first problem was that he was riding at Blue Mountain.

June 8, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

and an action shot to rinse out the taste of trolling

June 8, 2015, 1:57 p.m.

^^^^ Awesome shot Flip!!!