Trail Crew Laid Off

Nov. 30, 2019, 8:35 a.m.

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

Posted by: TonyJ

Posted by: LoamtoHome

#nodignoride.... maintain the trails you ride and everything is in a better place.

This sounds good in theory......

LOL yeah.... I work on a trail most mornings and to get there I have to walk along an access trail which is used a lot by MTBers to get back to the main road. Sometimes there will be a small tree down over the trail that is easy to move out of the way by hand. As a social experiment I tend to leave the tree where it is and see how long it takes someone to move it as one has to get off ones bike to get over it anyway. It'll often be there for a couple of weeks! Sigh......

I've tried several times to volunteer for the trail maintenance evenings, but due to my work schedule (shift work), one hasn't lined up yet. Hopefully next year it does and me a my 13 year old can make it.

I try to remove branches and loose rocks off the trails. As someone that hasn't attended a trail building/maintenance day yet, what are some things we can help with trail maintenance? 

I see that draining puddles are helpful? What else?

Thanks

Nov. 30, 2019, 1:15 p.m.

nevermind

Last edited by: thaaad on Nov. 30, 2019, 1:16 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Reason: not worth
Nov. 30, 2019, 4:20 p.m.

Posted by: Ouch

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

Posted by: TonyJ

Posted by: LoamtoHome

#nodignoride.... maintain the trails you ride and everything is in a better place.

This sounds good in theory......

LOL yeah.... I work on a trail most mornings and to get there I have to walk along an access trail which is used a lot by MTBers to get back to the main road. Sometimes there will be a small tree down over the trail that is easy to move out of the way by hand. As a social experiment I tend to leave the tree where it is and see how long it takes someone to move it as one has to get off ones bike to get over it anyway. It'll often be there for a couple of weeks! Sigh......

I've tried several times to volunteer for the trail maintenance evenings, but due to my work schedule (shift work), one hasn't lined up yet. Hopefully next year it does and me a my 13 year old can make it.

I try to remove branches and loose rocks off the trails. As someone that hasn't attended a trail building/maintenance day yet, what are some things we can help with trail maintenance? 

I see that draining puddles are helpful? What else?

Thanks

With trail maintenance, the main thing is to get water off the trail.  Especially water that is running down a trail.  My pet peeve are loose rocks in the corners.