Top trail picks for a short trip to the shore

March 1, 2016, 7:27 a.m.

Looking for some trail tips and where the must ride trails are in the Vancouver area!

My girlfriend and I are headed to the Canada Cup at Bear Mountain so will be on the island for a few days and then plan on hitting the sunshine coast for a day or two and finishing our trip in the Vancouver area before flying back out east.

I know the coast fairly well, lived in Sechelt for a year but don't have much riding time on the shore. What would you hit up if you only had two days to ride?

I'll be bringing my enduro so will be confident on fairly tech stuff thou am coming off of a back/shoulder injury so need to keep things under control to an extent.

Thanks!
- Ryan

March 1, 2016, 8:30 a.m.

Not really what you asked, but if you have an extra 45 minutes head to squamish. Alice Lake area has some amazing trails.

March 1, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

If I was on Cypress:
SGS [HTML_REMOVED] Slippery Canoe [HTML_REMOVED] Tall Cans [HTML_REMOVED] Wutang

On Fromme:
Seventh [HTML_REMOVED] Espresso and then maybe back up for a quick Bobsled finisher

On Seymour (this is a quickie though it would be easy to add to):
Old Buck climb [HTML_REMOVED] Asian Adonis [HTML_REMOVED] Penny Lane [HTML_REMOVED] GSM [HTML_REMOVED] Pangor or Boogieman.

These are all listed on the North Shore trail app www.trailmapps.com

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 1, 2016, 10:21 a.m.

Not really what you asked, but if you have an extra 45 minutes head to squamish. Alice Lake area has some amazing trails.

We won't have a car with us so getting to Squamish might be out of the cards. Is there a bike friendly shuttle or bus?

March 1, 2016, 10:22 a.m.

If I was on Cypress:
SGS [HTML_REMOVED] Slippery Canoe [HTML_REMOVED] Tall Cans [HTML_REMOVED] Wutang

On Fromme:
Seventh [HTML_REMOVED] Espresso and then maybe back up for a quick Bobsled finisher

On Seymour (this is a quickie though it would be easy to add to):
Old Buck climb [HTML_REMOVED] Asian Adonis [HTML_REMOVED] Penny Lane [HTML_REMOVED] GSM [HTML_REMOVED] Pangor or Boogieman.

These are all listed on the North Shore trail app www.trailmapps.com

Thanks!

March 1, 2016, 10:36 a.m.

Talk to Darren at Endless. He'll hook you up with what you need including a shuttle to the trail head. If you don't have a car the city buses have bike racks on the front and you can get to the bottom of Seymour and Fromme easy enough. But if you're time is limited you don't really want to spend it riding around Vancouver on a bus.

http://www.endlessbiking.com/

March 1, 2016, 10:58 a.m.

I've already sent a note over to the folks at Endless. Hoping to get a quick lesson in while in town. Got to make the most of the trip!

March 1, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

Talk to Darren at Endless. He'll hook you up with what you need including a shuttle to the trail head. If you don't have a car the city buses have bike racks on the front and you can get to the bottom of Seymour and Fromme easy enough. But if you're time is limited you don't really want to spend it riding around Vancouver on a bus.

http://www.endlessbiking.com/

+1

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 1, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, we can get you setup for a great time.

goodtimesonbikes

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

March 1, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

I've already sent a note over to the folks at Endless. Hoping to get a quick lesion in while in town. Got to make the most of the trip!

I hope your trip goes better than that. LOL

le·sion
?l?ZH?n/Submit
nounMEDICINE
noun: lesion; plural noun: lesions
a region in an organ or tissue that has suffered damage through injury or disease, such as a wound, ulcer, abscess, tumor, etc.
synonyms: wound, injury, bruise, abrasion, contusion; More

March 1, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

. damn sloppy typing gets me again.

March 1, 2016, 2:20 p.m.

Yikes! Be less sloppy with the handlebars whilst here. ;)

March 1, 2016, 2:21 p.m.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, we can get you setup for a great time.

goodtimesonbikes

DB@EB

Excellent.