To the moron doing mach 10 down Trans Can on bby...

June 25, 2010, 11:20 p.m.

Are you freakin kidding me? The Trans-Canada trail right before the exit of Nicole's… my dog was in the bushes and if he'd jumped back on the trail you probably would have killed him. That was just about the most selfish and ignorant thing I've ever seen done on a bike.

They should install speed barriers along that downhill to control retards like this from seriously injuring someone.

June 25, 2010, 11:23 p.m.

Are you sure you mean the exit from nicoles? that doesn't sound right.

I have noticed an increasing number of young riders on big bikes with full face helmets flying down the powerline trail, i can't figure out why you would do that when there's way more fun trails to get down the mountain.

June 26, 2010, 7:22 a.m.

are you sure you dont mean the exit to lower snake? this is a common problem unfortunately, glad nothing happened. i'm just waiting for a hiker to get hurt and then the shit will really hit the fan

June 26, 2010, 9:11 a.m.

wonder if he meant the exit of Mels were it loops back around to the steep hill climb/descent on TCC…
???

def. possible to reach speeds that far exceed anything that would give you proper reaction times to avoid a problem if it should arise..

June 26, 2010, 10:56 a.m.

wonder if he meant the exit of Mels were it loops back around to the steep hill climb/descent on TCC…
???

there's a steep hill climb/descent on TCC?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 26, 2010, 5:24 p.m.

there's a steep hill climb/descent on TCC?

shhhh goat boy…

not everyone can climb like a goat on a 36tooth ring you know…:hurt:

June 26, 2010, 11:51 p.m.

Sorry my bad. I meant the exit of Mel's on the way up to Cardiac Hill or whatever it's called. The guy was going ridiculously fast and there was no time to react… it's a good thing the dog didn't hear him coming or else it could of been really bad.

There is bound to be a serious incident on that trail sooner or later if they don't do something to manage the speed of bikers going down the trail.

June 27, 2010, 8 a.m.

The people I see going fast down there tend to be commuters on their way back from work. After all, what sort of gaylord would want to ride down there?

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 27, 2010, 8:11 a.m.

The people I see going fast down there tend to be commuters on their way back from work. After all, what sort of gaylord would want to ride down there?

i saw a rider going mach chicken down the TCT in the area the OP mentioned, wearing a TLD suit, dainese and full face with goggles.

June 27, 2010, 10:26 a.m.

At least the rider wasn't skidding.

I hope you said something. I think people like this aren't evil so much as they aren't thinking about what might be around the corner. Could be a tree came down overnight. Then what?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 27, 2010, 11:08 a.m.

Time to take a defensive stance in the middle of the trail, just far enough on the uphill side to force the rider to go wide, towards and hopefully off the downhill side of the trail.

Sooner or later they'll learn how much speed is inappropriate. Best that they learn at their own expense rather than hurting an innocent bystander.

June 27, 2010, 2:13 p.m.

I'm not that familiar with Burnaby Mtn, but what are the leashing rules like? Even though I like dogs, I do not like them on mtn bike trails (especially when they're unleashed), let alone owners who will blame others for their dogs safety. The few times I've almost hit a dog, the owner was smart enough to put a bell on the collar and they were actually pretty understanding about the whole issue. It's even better when the owner see's a bike on the trail and a rider fighting his way out of the bushes.

If you know there's a junction, control your dog and save us all this bs. After all if you're dog gets hurt, you really have no one else to blame but yourself. You took up him/her up there, and let him roam around hoping everyone else has that mythical thing called common sense.

Here's the flip side to the OP - you said the rider could've killed your dog. What if you're dog caused the rider to eject, bail, and severely injured themself?

Flame on.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 27, 2010, 2:14 p.m.

Sooner or later they'll learn how much speed is inappropriate. Best that they learn at their own expense rather than hurting an innocent bystander.

Why not just setup a spike belt? You people obviously are old and do not enjoy this called fun. God, live a little!

:P

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 27, 2010, 2:56 p.m.

Here's the flip side to the OP - you said the rider could've killed your dog. What if you're dog caused the rider to eject, bail, and severely injured themself?

Treat dogs like wildlife, hikers, kids etc. If you can't slow down enough to stop or react to the situation in a public area, especially a high traffic zone like this one, then you are going too fast.

June 27, 2010, 3:13 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device