tips on styling/tweaking it out

Jan. 24, 2003, 11:53 a.m.

ok im kind of bored so i decied to ask what are some good tips techniques to style it out. heres a pic of my with a decent tweak:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=42213
in that pic its a small gap so im jumping bigger gaps now too. any tips would be great

~www.gravitywarehouse.com~

..:: Team HTP ::..

Jan. 24, 2003, 12:41 p.m.

just do whatever feels natural to you, dont try to force anything. like practice whipping the back wheel out or tweaking the bars, you can add those into almost anything. table tops too

T1
mr. sieben!!

Jan. 24, 2003, 1:02 p.m.

im the same i can only do big whips on this one thing at whistler, but just do what feels natural, start out small and go big

Jan. 24, 2003, 2:06 p.m.

in that pic it looks like ur doing the opposite of a traditional tweak/style, in that shouldn't the wheel be pointing towards the rigth side of the pic, compared to the way the rest of the bike is angled. atleast thats how its usually done

all your mental armor drags me down

People will instinctively do more good if they know they will get credit for it.
Except for Hollywood Undead.

Jan. 24, 2003, 5 p.m.

Style in your jumps is trademark. do what feals right and just practice. Super T's tweakage is known everywhere.

alive as always

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:02 p.m.

i tweak weird. im offended. owell but i liked that pic it looked good and i usually bar tweak and turn it to the left. so i unno bout the other part.

edit: im doing the opposite i usually do int that pic

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:04 p.m.

first practice turning the bar. its important that however you land that your front wheel is perpindicular (or close to it) to the ground. two reasons: A) theres a less chance you'll snap your POS dj3 and B) evidently you wont fall over to the side and cause bodily harm

once you got that down (you can do that on little jumps), practice whippin out the rear end. here is a step by step easy way to do some whippage:

1) do your bar turn that you've vividly practiced prior to attempting whippage
2) kick out the bike which ever way is easier for you. if you're right handed, you usually whip it out to the left side. if you're one of those left handed freaks, you'll whip to the right.
3) to kick out the bike, use your hips and legs to push the bike over to the side. make sure you dont push it to far or you will biff and you'll be the laughing stock of the local dj's
4)once you get the bike back in order, land. this is usually done for you courtesy earth's gravity

now that you've mastered these two stunning peices of art, perfect it and become more smooth with the motions of whippage and bar turnage. kudos. you can tweak. throw in a look back once in a while to wink at the chick whos always watching you jump

now run along and go tweak

BMW K75

J.M.T

Originally posted by eryn

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:06 p.m.

yeah,, thats the one thing i really want to learn how to do is small tabletops,, i have no clue where to start on how doing them.. it sucks! grr

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:09 p.m.

look back are a piece of cake if been doing them since the last month of riding i did. and thats not a dj 3 thats a judy lo. but im getting a dj 2 whenever i can get a ride to dhjunkies

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:10 p.m.

follow my indepth instructions seen above, but when you're whippin the ass end out, lean to the opposite side you whip. this will tip the bike over.

Cyma p389a upgraded airsoft shotgun

J.M.T

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:12 p.m.

Originally posted by blackspire racer
look back are a piece of cake if been doing them since the last month of riding i did. and thats not a dj 3 thats a judy lo. but im getting a dj 2 whenever i can get a ride to dhjunkies

i was saying that to whoever has a dj3. marzocchi forks usually dont say Judy on them ;)

Pissing teen

J.M.T

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:15 p.m.

o ok. i thought u were talking to me. lol but once i get my bike painted and my der hanger made up i should be good to do some snow jumping

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:09 p.m.

I find you gotta flow with the jump and do what feels natural..

For tables I usually just turn my bars and kind of push down? You can really explain how to do tricks, they just kind of happen.

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:15 p.m.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Style in your jumps is trademark. do what feals right and just practice. Super T's tweakage is known everywhere.

I have a friend with the EXACT same style as Super T.

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:17 p.m.

use your arms and hips for tabletops…..you wanna basically just force the bike sideways and twist your hips to accomodate the change in bike position

yes i still ride a bike…rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated