This is why we should oppose electric bikes

Sept. 21, 2015, 12:55 p.m.

E bikes are lazy bastards. Ok.
do any shuttling lately?

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Sept. 21, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Kinda inspires one to go drive the climb up Cypress at about 2 km an hour faster than the best time, just beating it by a couple mins.
Really I have better things to do? Probably not

You'd still get flagged… local roadies know who is capable of beating the top times on really popular climbs like that. If you're not one of the short list of names that people are not going to question, it'll get a lot of scrutiny. Especially when people start looking at your profile and don't see other consistent results indicating that level of talent/fitness…

Sept. 21, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

E-Racing pedally bikes is serious business! :ohthedrama:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 22, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

You're imagining people react like this:

When it's usually more like this:

Sept. 22, 2015, 10:31 a.m.

E-Racing pedally bikes is serious business! :ohthedrama:

Taken very seriously, this was a sad outcome, but the family suing an app?

http://www.outsideonline.com/1797606/strava-wins-lawsuit

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 22, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

Tippie just got back from Eurobike and he said that the whole show was buzzing and showcasing ebikes of various models makes and abilities. The Euros have embraced them completely.

Yes, they are literally everywhere. Be it road or mountain bikes. The traffic has definitely increased in the last few years.

At times I have the feeling that a lot of the riders who use e-bikes have no idea how fast they actually are.

I can certainly see their utility in big mountains with big multi hour climbs. But speaking with a couple Swiss guys this summer, they said that off road riding is almost all limited to bike parks and that riding the alpine and other places outside bike parks was not allowed. He said they go but it's frowned upon. That was my understanding too, that these were popular in Europe to access the alpine on big long climbs. Maybe not in Switzerland.

Actually, there was a small enduro race series in my area/province, and one of the categories was e-bike, I kid you not.

It is not only limited to the big mountains as you assume, even in my backwoods of rolling hills and the odd steep and punchy climb people start to use them.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 6, 2015, 12:16 p.m.

The fact that lazy kooks on e-bikes are showing up on the Shore, shouldn't surprise anyone. Just the other day I saw some clown on a Kona stinky with an engine on it flying up Mtn Highway while I was out riding with my Grandmother, Great Grandmother, and my 1 year old nephew, who were eager to ride the new Kirkford bike path. E-bikes go hand in hand with the dumbed down parody of the once fun shore that is Fromme, I guess. They should just pave the trails already.

-Hater

Oct. 9, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmZ_wdI_k4

Oct. 9, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

The fact that lazy kooks on e-bikes are showing up on the Shore, shouldn't surprise anyone. Just the other day I saw some clown on a Kona stinky with an engine on it flying up Mtn Highway while I was out riding with my Grandmother, Great Grandmother, and my 1 year old nephew, who were eager to ride the new Kirkford bike path. E-bikes go hand in hand with the dumbed down parody of the once fun shore that is Fromme, I guess. They should just pave the trails already.

-Hater

My Great Grandmother is way faster than yours!

Thread killer

Oct. 30, 2015, 5:56 p.m.

There is a concern by a distributor of eBikes in the UK that there may soon be bans.

http://singletrackworld.com/2015/10/ebikes-could-be-banned-says-uk-ebike-distributor/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 30, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

According to a guy in his 70's that came out to the WORCA Monday night rides I was guiding, he just needed to connect his system on his e-bike with cable to the USB port on his computer and bingo, more speed. He said it's very simple. Like my former neighbour with a Suzuki Hayabusa. He claimed he could reprogram the speed governor on that bike to go faster.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 30, 2015, 8:25 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmZ_wdI_k4

the certainty that i will NEVER own a Spesh bike again has become crystal clear at this point.

Oct. 31, 2015, 7:58 a.m.

I would love to have one for building trails. The area I'm building in right now is quite a bit of a hike and is accessible by either mtb trails, double track 'roads', or a gas pipeline. An ebike would be great for that because I could access building sites without using actual mtb trails. Hoofing for 30-40 minutes with a chainsaw on your back gets tiresome.

Oct. 31, 2015, 9:45 a.m.

ultimate trail building machine. Leave from your house(street legal), quiet(200cc 4-stroke), good on fuel and leaves little to no foot print. When we were in Italy it was ok for the trail builders to use similar motos for going to clear trails from wind fall and to do trail maintenance.

What's kind of interesting about the bike below….Gasgas has gone into receivership and the highest bidder to buy it is…..Torrot…..an electric bicycle company.

Oct. 31, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

i have no issues with builders/etc. using a trials bike or a e-bike to get to the spots , but for shredding trails for shits and giggles , nope!!! treat them as dirt bikes .

#northsidetrailbuilders