This is why we should oppose electric bikes

Sept. 18, 2015, 7:48 a.m.

Just make all new e-bikes come with a free Strava app. That way the stravassholes will lose their kom's and be pissed enough to get them banned.

Sept. 18, 2015, 9:38 a.m.

We oppose E bikes
They all are lazy bastards
Hope your batteries die

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 18, 2015, 9:39 a.m.

i'd almost be willing to allow e-bikes on our trails - for the sole purpose of crushing stravashole egos.

aside - i actually started using strava this year - as more of a data logger than anything, to give me an idea of how much (or little, rather) i was riding. once i left it on shuttling seymour [HTML_REMOVED] driving home [HTML_REMOVED] subsequently grabbed a bunch of road kom's. evidently some people take this stuff seriously and my times were flagged [HTML_REMOVED] removed. i'm so insulted. ebikes would make for a very grey area - really fast rider, or e-bike? dun dun duuuun.

Sept. 18, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

i'd almost be willing to allow e-bikes on our trails - for the sole purpose of crushing stravashole egos.

aside - i actually started using strava this year - as more of a data logger than anything, to give me an idea of how much (or little, rather) i was riding. once i left it on shuttling seymour [HTML_REMOVED] driving home [HTML_REMOVED] subsequently grabbed a bunch of road kom's. evidently some people take this stuff seriously and my times were flagged [HTML_REMOVED] removed. i'm so insulted. ebikes would make for a very grey area - really fast rider, or e-bike? dun dun duuuun.

Too funny, did the same shuttling Seymour. I could have sworn tears were coming out of the app from the crying.
Strava is good to see how much mileage you have covered, also gives you an idea when to replace chain, cassette etc.

Sept. 18, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

e-bikes are already banned from DNV parks as per parks bylaws which do not allow motorized vehicles to be operated on dnv parkland.

the question that needs to be asked is will the dnv enforce their own bylaws?

Nevertheless I see the all the time in the demo forest

Sept. 18, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

e-bikes are already banned from DNV parks as per parks bylaws which do not allow motorized vehicles to be operated on dnv parkland.

the question that needs to be asked is will the dnv enforce their own bylaws?

how about those jazzy mobilty scooters are they OK?

Sept. 18, 2015, 11:42 a.m.

They will be on the Shore like it or not.

I doubt the District has any extra resources to monitor this.

I figure as long as I am building with large size rock and wood my trail should hold up just fine.

Sept. 18, 2015, 4:43 p.m.

We oppose E bikes
They all are lazy bastards
Hope your batteries die

While captivatingly beautiful (like your mom) I regret to inform you that you have exceeded the syllable count by one on the last line.

For shame.

(Sorry about the mom comment. I don't know you or your mom. It just felt right to say. For some strange reason.)

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 19, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

Oh man I did the same thing leaving Cypress. I like using Strava to track my rides. It's interesting to see how my internal experience and technical accuracy relate to with my times. Some roadie whose KOM I absolutely crushed (in my car) flagged me with Strava. I thought it was pretty hilarious. I've never been KOM - do you get notified if you get dethroned?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 19, 2015, 3:46 p.m.

Strava is good to see how much mileage you have covered, also gives you an idea when to replace chain, cassette etc.

I use it for the distance and elevation gained. I able to gauge new-fangled parts wear compared to the parts they replaced.

I've never been KOM - do you get notified if you get dethroned?

Not sure if it still does, but you used to get a message saying you were dethrone by so and so

The Kudos circle-jerk is hilarious though! Dozen ???? for a 10 Km ride.

But yes, boo to electric bikes.

Want to ride them on trails, then ride them on trails approved for motorized use.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 19, 2015, 4:44 p.m.

January 1st is the best day to KOM , they start over every calendar year i got several being the 1st down the trail or route . And it looks like they don,t stay on your record after some beats your time , at least the free Strava doesn't .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 19, 2015, 4:47 p.m.

so what if trail builders started using them to access the trails to help haul gear and such when working on the trails ?? i know i have personally seem Trials bikes being used , not a lot of difference both being motor bikes so to speak .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 21, 2015, 7:34 a.m.

January 1st is the best day to KOM , they start over every calendar year i got several being the 1st down the trail or route . And it looks like they don,t stay on your record after some beats your time , at least the free Strava doesn't .

"Hollow KOM's" - as in you get a little cup/crown icon but it's not filled in. Those are the yearly ones. The solid icons are the 'for all time' ones that don't restart at Jan 1.

Sept. 21, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

While captivatingly beautiful (like your mom) I regret to inform you that you have exceeded the syllable count by one on the last line.

For shame.

(Sorry about the mom comment. I don't know you or your mom. It just felt right to say. For some strange reason.)

Yes you are correct I didn't count the three syllables in Batteries. Although in my defense I come from a working class London UK family. We pronounce it Batt-ries mate.

Haiku is the only way to inner peace.

Sept. 21, 2015, 9:49 a.m.

Oh man I did the same thing leaving Cypress. I like using Strava to track my rides. It's interesting to see how my internal experience and technical accuracy relate to with my times. Some roadie whose KOM I absolutely crushed (in my car) flagged me with Strava. I thought it was pretty hilarious. I've never been KOM - do you get notified if you get dethroned?

Kinda inspires one to go drive the climb up Cypress at about 2 km an hour faster than the best time, just beating it by a couple mins.
Really I have better things to do? Probably not