this is too important to Pot Stir. re: 2 recent posts

May 16, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

Platinum Jerry, platinum.

May 16, 2013, 9:54 p.m.

That looks amazing! Thanks again to the NSMBA for their continued efforts. Lower Seymour has never been better. I'm seeing more and more riders and a much more diverse crowd on Bridle and the surrounding network these days. So great to see families, kids, women and rippers sharing the trails.

I appreciate not wanting to see a favorite gem changed as much as the next guy, but there are still so many technical climbs in the area and this looks like it will be a great beginner trail.

May 16, 2013, 10:22 p.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2751678]
I appreciate not wanting to see a favorite gem changed as much as the next guy, but there are still so many technical climbs in the area and this looks like it will be a great beginner trail.[/QUOTE]

I don't really know anything about the area…but I can relate to this. There is a riding area in Mission that has had some of the more technical climbing sections taken out of it in the last two years, and at first I grumbled. However, there is definitely a need for some beginner-friendly riding areas. The ensuing popularity of beginner ladies rides that have formed since then are the proof. And there are still lots of "real" xc climbs out there for the rest of us.

May 17, 2013, 7:22 a.m.

I just can't understand how people can look at the pics Matt posted and be angry that it was fixed into what Sharon posted…..if the pics Matt posted are representative of that section of trail that was re-routed/fixed, that was a gross disgusting highly impacted piece of trail that was forcing people to walk off it, which causes more problems. It also makes this whole thread look pretty freaking ridiculous, OP.

May 17, 2013, 9:11 a.m.

the bottom of C Buster and top part of Severed is a complete shit show when wet as well. I really hope those sections get some loving.

Flip and Bond nailed it.

:canada:

May 17, 2013, 9:25 a.m.

I just can't understand how people can look at the pics Matt posted and be angry that it was fixed into what Sharon posted…..if the pics Matt posted are representative of that section of trail that was re-routed/fixed, that was a gross disgusting highly impacted piece of trail that was forcing people to walk off it, which causes more problems. It also makes this whole thread look pretty freaking ridiculous, OP.

What was it someone once said on NSMB, Trail arguments are rarely based on reality.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 17, 2013, 10 a.m.

I guess some people just like mud bogging on their bikes. Those photos did not look like a well built and well located section of trail.

May 17, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

I see this as more of a lets try and separate foot traffic from wheeled traffic on lower Seymour. From the top of Hyannis, you can ride to the subject trail or what used to be Margaret's/Schoolboys/Highline or go to Bridle. I can see people thinking geez, we already have an easy way across called Bridle, why change this technical trail? Lets say for arguments sake that there were only two ways down from Baden Powell. Old Buck or Pangor. And then it is decided that Pangor would be rerouted, resurfaced into a trail much like Old Buck.

But it is pretty busy on a nice evening or weekend with walkers and riders and I see this development as a preemptive plan to help lessen conflicts.

Yes there are other tech climbs in the area, but perhaps the questions are why do we need another Bridle Path so close?

Personally I am stoked to see this trail. I am happy to ride up Applicator (well part way) or up and down all of SNS both ways plus a lot of other nearby gems that may or may not be on any map. I have not gotten a chance to get to the Shore to check this new gem out yet but hopefully next week.

In any event I had also recently been able to clean the old Margaret's trail in both directions consistently so for me it's all played out. Next.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 17, 2013, 10:43 a.m.

Keep in mind that the trail doesn't look like that all the time, and not everyone is out there riding in those sorts of conditions. The OP might be the kind of person who gives the trails a break.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

May 17, 2013, 10:49 a.m.

The OP might be the kind of person who gives the trails a break.

Yeah … sometimes the trails need a break just so trail fairies can fix everything.

May 17, 2013, 11:04 a.m.

just for some context, here are some photos of what is being discussed

I am outraged this exquisite section of trail even exists!

May 17, 2013, 3:44 p.m.

Thank you Matthew for your response.

I will miss the old technical climb, I rode it all year round and feel most of the trail did not have wet boggy sections (thought the bad spots were really bad after a heavy rain) and if the priority was to remedy those spots than fixing those areas would not have drastically changed the feel of the trail, as it was the technical parts not the mush that I enjoyed.

For this trail I would have rather seen its previous style maintained and improved for sustainability and then add a new separate line for a beginner trail with multidirectional use in that area.

That way there would be an addition of trails to the network rather than a swap.

I agree with a previous post, 98% of the trail work being done I support, 2% I have issue with. I am excited with that ratio. Though i still think constructive criticism is good.

And for the work on Bridle, I think the decicsion to leave the old technical climbs and to add the new climbing routes was a great one.

Overall wonderful work happening on the hills!

May 17, 2013, 4 p.m.

^^^I rode that last night. From old Buck to Bridle and then onto this new trail. Awesome pumps and berms. Turned right and ended up on Wills Way back to Bridle. Then onto Salamander and then Sticks and Stones to the new Cardiac, back to Bridle and then Empress Bypass.

What can I say? Such an awesome mix of trails. Just been riding DH on Fromme the last few weeks, so this was a welcome change. XC can be just as much fun ;)

If you are a mountain biker of any kind then you are blessed to live here.

May 17, 2013, 6:44 p.m.

I always find it funny that smooth trails are referred to as 'beginner' trails. That dood over the page isn't a beginner, and I've been riding for nearly 30 years and love ripping along stuff like that.

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 17, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

I always find it funny that smooth trails are referred to as 'beginner' trails. That dood over the page isn't a beginner, and I've been riding for nearly 30 years and love ripping along stuff like that.

ditto