The Sponsors

Jan. 26, 2016, 7:09 p.m.

i don't think people are trying to say they're perfect Cam, just promoting the message of having some consideration for other trail users - on both sides of the equation.

Hyperbole. It's a literary device.

My son, who is still in the literal stage that all boys go through, and some fail to grow out of, tells me regularly that nobody is perfect.

Jan. 26, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

Hyperbole. It's a literary device.

My son, who is still in the literal stage that all boys go through, and some fail to grow out of, tells me regularly that nobody is perfect.

well, that's a bit persnickety.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 26, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

Seriously doubt the rider who caused this knotted panties hasn't read either of these threads and doubt the sponsors know.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 26, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

Well Mr. Bastard, send them the link!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 26, 2016, 11:11 p.m.

Well Mr. Bastard, send them the link!

Do your own fucking detective work, Jack Ass.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 27, 2016, 12:07 a.m.

well, that's a bit persnickety.

My message was clipped. This is what was left out: ;) :heart: :clap:

Jan. 27, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

My message was clipped. This is what was left out: ;) :heart: :clap:

:lol:

i was thinking is he just fucking with me or having a bad day and how should i play this.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 29, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

The shore will never be the same for Scoots . Now every time he goes for a ride at his favourite trail intersections where he usually enjoys to loiter and relax his PTSD from this terrible incident will kick in . Scoots will be flooded with the memory's of a brief moment of perceived discourtesy. Passers by will find him there disheveled , frozen in thought muttering to himself and anyone around who will listen " slow down ! Slow down dammit !! I thought I had the right of way !" :(

Poor guy, he may need to seek counselling for this to be able to pass through a trail intersection again .

Kickstarter fund to raise some money to get poor Scoots back on the bike and past the trail intersections again anybody ?

Jan. 29, 2016, 1:26 p.m.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Jan. 31, 2016, 9:28 a.m.

These threads remind me that Dwight Schrute must be a mountain biker.

FACT

Feb. 7, 2016, 10:20 p.m.

You guys are blowing the "sponsors" part of this way out of proportion. Being sponsored is not anything to write home about. It may sound awesome but it's not nearly as big a deal as you're making it. It's not anything to hold over people's heads.

I was a sponsored ski racer for many years. Who cares. 6 pairs skis each year with bindings, boots, and all the other gear I needed for free, and clothing. I wasn't even that good!

I signed no code of conduct relating to my behaviour. All they cared about is I could never use another brand at any time and that when I had the opportunity, I dragged my stuff up onto the podium. No body gave a rats ass how I behaved outside of those two things. I suppose if I was vocally negative about the products that I was given that would have been an issue, but ripping down the ski hill way faster than was probably appropriate or skiing too close to people stopped on the hill were probably crimes that I committed tens of thousands of times and I'm sure no one was there pulling out their cell phones to call my manufacturers. They may have called my coaches, who would have said "what?"

Im sure it's the same with these guys sponsors. Time to move on from this tragic event.

Feb. 9, 2016, 4:05 p.m.

Time to move on from this tragic event.

Says the guy bumping the thread eight days later. ;)

Feb. 9, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

Says the guy bumping the thread eight days later. ;)

Someone wants us all to know that he was sponsored.

He's special.

Feb. 10, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

This reminds me of the Dawn Twatson debacle!

Feb. 10, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

This reminds me of the Dawn Twatson debacle!

NO RESPECT. waht kind of douche gaps the TDF. Also corey ran over my bike

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.