The Sponsors

Jan. 22, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Jan. 22, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

whats so far fetched about what he said?

Jan. 22, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

That kayak is a perception dancer i had one back in the day…

Jan. 22, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

Quickly Skooks, get to the choppah!

Jan. 22, 2016, 8:59 p.m.

I think that tungsten is just wondering how sponsors in general would feel about this. He didn't seem to be saying that anyone should go and start bugging them about it.

It is an interesting question, but I'm not sure whether the answer you'd get would be a true reflection of how the company would actually react.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Jan. 22, 2016, 9:42 p.m.

I think that tungsten is just wondering how sponsors in general would feel about this. He didn't seem to be saying that anyone should go and start bugging them about it.

It is an interesting question, but I'm not sure whether the answer you'd get would be a true reflection of how the company would actually react.

News flash …. People give ZERO fucks about this shit !! Guys a sponsored racer …. His job is to rip the shit out of trails , the fact that most of us suck ass and are alarmed at speeds these guys carry is besides the point . This wouldn't be much different than showing up at the PUBLIC POOL and doing your lame ass slow swim and M Phelps pounds a stuff crust pizza poolside and rips past you on a backstroke . You should be stoked you saw a pro not be a dick and try to cause the guy problems and f with his livelihood . Bro code , never try to F with a guys job .

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:07 p.m.

News flash …. People give ZERO fucks about this shit !! Guys a sponsored racer …. His job is to rip the shit out of trails , the fact that most of us suck ass and are alarmed at speeds these guys carry is besides the point . This wouldn't be much different than showing up at the PUBLIC POOL and doing your lame ass slow swim and M Phelps pounds a stuff crust pizza poolside and rips past you on a backstroke . You should be stoked you saw a pro not be a dick and try to cause the guy problems and f with his livelihood . Bro code , never try to F with a guys job .

yeah, good point.

but so is the idea that public trails are private race courses and they are there to be shared by all users which means considering the needs of other people and not just oneself.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

yeah, good point.

but so is the idea that public trails are private race courses and they are there to be shared by all users which means considering the needs of other people and not just oneself.

Get off the fence , this PC B's needs to end . Some people may think you are too fast and rude , some other people might think those guys are too fast etc etc . We all know this is super stupid to even talk about especially since it's published online and lots of people that we don't need to be involved in our riding can access this . It's like shooting yourself in the foot , city people , land owners, anti biking people …… F off and go ride . Let all this shit die !

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:20 p.m.

Guys a sponsored racer …. His job is to rip the shit out of trails ,

I neither know nor care who we are talking about but the sponsored riders I've ridden with (or behind….) i.e. Tippie, Simmons etc did not 'rip the shit out of trails'. One of the reasons that they've kept sponsors.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:26 p.m.

I neither know nor care who we are talking about but the sponsored riders I've ridden with (or behind….) i.e. Tippie, Simmons etc did not 'rip the shit out of trails'. One of the reasons that they've kept sponsors.

Cause they are washed , who cares

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

Get off the fence , this PC B's needs to end . Some people may think you are too fast and rude , some other people might think those guys are too fast etc etc . We all know this is super stupid to even talk about especially since it's published online and lots of people that we don't need to be involved in our riding can access this . It's like shooting yourself in the foot , city people , land owners, anti biking people …… F off and go ride . Let all this shit die !

it's got nothing to do with ps bs, it's about people getting along on the trails and having consideration for each other - on both sides of the fence.

but hey, if you want to let all this shit die then keep going the way you are, you're doing a great job of helping to keep it quiet.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 22, 2016, 10:57 p.m.

Cause they are washed , who cares

Yet will probably retain sponsorship long after the latest braaaaah has crashed and burned. Like Hans Rey who's been sponsored by GT for the best part of 30 years. So clearly plenty of people care, including the people writing the cheques.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 22, 2016, 11:03 p.m.

it's got nothing to do with ps bs, it's about people getting along on the trails and having consideration for each other - on both sides of the fence.

but hey, if you want to let all this shit die then keep going the way you are, you're doing a great job of helping to keep it quiet.

Listen guy , I didn't start this stupid thred , Skoots and his buddies did and they are so traumatized and upset about this huge horrible moment that they had to take to the Internet and create some evidence to support their stupid argument . I bet the guy in question doesn't even remember the moment because who cares …. they did their run , had fun and probably pressed on for a sturdy IPA after . This scoots guy and his loyal minions have no credibility , everyone thinks "scoots and Co" are in the green , and if you want to jump on board and try to take the high road then maybe they should take up roller blading on the sea wall . Mountain biking is not for the thin skinned and maybe they are too uptight for the sport …..perhaps you are too?

Jan. 22, 2016, 11:20 p.m.

Listen guy , I didn't start this stupid thred , Skoots and his buddies did and they are so traumatized and upset about this huge horrible moment that they had to take to the Internet and create some evidence to support their stupid argument . I bet the guy in question doesn't even remember the moment because who cares …. they did their run , had fun and probably pressed on for a sturdy IPA after . This scoots guy and his loyal minions have no credibility , everyone thinks "scoots and Co" are in the green , and if you want to jump on board and try to take the high road then maybe they should take up roller blading on the sea wall . Mountain biking is not for the thin skinned and maybe they are too uptight for the sport …..perhaps you are too?

nope, i just appreaciate that not every trail user is a gnarcore ripper brodude who just wants to go shred the trails all the time. mountain biking can be for the thin skinned or the thick skinned and i know a few people who ride that aren't all aggro or rippers. are you saying they have less right to use the trails than the gnarcore ripper brodudes? some of the best people i know in riding don't fit the gnarcore ripper brodude profile and this community is far better having them in it than not.

people either appreciate that there's more than one type of trail user out there or they don't. i like people that charge hard on the trails, but i really like the people who have respect for the other trail users out there not matter how hard they ride.

Ellen Langer

Jan. 23, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

News flash …. People give ZERO fucks about this shit !! Guys a sponsored racer …. His job is to rip the shit out of trails , the fact that most of us suck ass and are alarmed at speeds these guys carry is besides the point . .

lol.

pretty sure this is a joke post. nobody is this dumb.?