The Saboteurs have left the building " The kraals"

Sept. 21, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

Living in langley would be great if you're a roadie.

Sept. 22, 2015, 9:15 a.m.

It should be about mountain biking and fun. There is good mountain biking all over British Columbia.

Sept. 22, 2015, 9:23 a.m.

The Shore is no longer "The Shore" and has not been for some time. It took me some time to figure this out (and accept it) but it is a fact

The Shore is still the Shore. Maybe the Shore isn't the same as it was when you first started riding it but I am willing to bet you are not on the same cantilevered, bar ended, death trap steed either.

This bicycling business is an ever changing world with the main subject of enjoying yourself on a bike being the one thing that stays true. The die hards come and go, and even if the Shore stayed exactly the same forever, nobody (even Danger) is going to be able to put their bodies through that every weekend.

Burke has good trails, the Shore has good trails, being on a bike is good times. No need to argue about that.

I'm the best at being modest !

Sept. 22, 2015, 10:39 a.m.

Maybe the Shore isn't the same as it was when you first started riding it but I am willing to bet you are not on the same cantilevered, bar ended, death trap steed either.

i'd guess that's where some people take issue. on one hand you have bike tech that has progressed rapidly and yielded bikes that are far more caplable yet in some instances the trails are getting smoother and less challenging - bike capability and trail difficulty are moving in two different directions. you have beginner riders are climbing aboard highly capable machines which helps to reduce the skill required and then hitting some trails that are smooth and devoid of skill required to ride them. that's where some would argue the shore or soul of the shore is disappearing, that the appreciation for the high challenge and level of skill required to ride even the easier trails is gone. that was always the mystique of the shore, you had to bring your A game.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 22, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

i'd guess that's where some people take issue. on one hand you have bike tech that has progressed rapidly and yielded bikes that are far more caplable yet in some instances the trails are getting smoother and less challenging - bike capability and trail difficulty are moving in two different directions. you have beginner riders are climbing aboard highly capable machines which helps to reduce the skill required and then hitting some trails that are smooth and devoid of skill required to ride them. that's where some would argue the shore or soul of the shore is disappearing, that the appreciation for the high challenge and level of skill required to ride even the easier trails is gone. that was always the mystique of the shore, you had to bring your A game.

The Shore needs an all-Hike-a-Bike trail. A place where you can just pick up your bike and carry it for 3 or 4 hours, uninterrupted with no distractions. That will teach those complacent dumbed-down bastards a thing or two about "the old days".

Sept. 22, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

The Shore needs an all-Hike-a-Bike trail. A place where you can just pick up your bike and carry it for 3 or 4 hours, uninterrupted with no distractions. That will teach those complacent dumbed-down bastards a thing or two about "the old days".

I like to carry my 26" Hardtail up CBC and then ride back down the road because I can't find the trail that "this guy that my friend met who knew this guy who went riding with this other guy that rides Seymour like totally all the time" told us about just to remember the good old days.:D

Sept. 22, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

Langley is not so bad. I live here. I am 30 min from Burke or Eagle, and there is no NSMBA, Mark Wood or Cam McCrae around. It is all old school trails that are natural, free from politics or dictatorship points of view.
Moreover, since the land is relatively untouched, as long as you know what you are doing you can do whatever you want here (loamers take note: if a trail on Burke doesn't work out you leave it and nature reclaims it). Moreover, there are more MILFS out her than you can shake a stick at. Get the picture.

Haha, someone's a little bitter about living in Langley…

Normally I don't feed the trolls, but I've got a couple minutes to kill and this is too ridiculous to pass up…

- 30 minutes to the trails? By car????! I could practically get to Squamish in that time and pass 3 amazing North Shore mountains FULL of trails on the way. But yeah, I guess that's not bad… I mean, we are pretty spoiled to live in North Vancouver…

- No NSMBA, Cam or Woody sucks in my books! Every shore rider and member of my circles, likes and appreciates all those mentioned, or at LEAST respects what they do…maybe you don't see their opinion here because they've got better ways to spend their time than typing replies to endless rants from bitter Dinosaurs.

- Do I really need to re-iterate the "there's old school and loamers if you know where to look" point about the Shore? FFS you can't swing a dead cat on the shore without hitting a loamer or gnarly old non flow line.

- If it's doing what you want you're after, guess what, you can do that here too! Except apparently you DON'T even need to know what you're doing… although you might get called out by someone who DOES! (Thanks, Woody) If you are going to go that way, I'd suggest not cutting rogue ( sorry… "unsanctioned") lines in within spitting distance of super high traffic mapped trails in the middle of the most populated riding areas though - not the best way to stay under the radar ;)

- Politics? Never dealt with them in almost 20 years of riding here. Guess who gets wrapped up in politics??? POLITICIANS! Don't want none, won't be none…

- And finally, if MILFS is what you're after (HATE that expression, btw) - buddy, there's a reason they're called North VanCOUGARS. No joke we're probably the MILF capital of the world… Anyway, what do you care? Like MILFS aren't way out of you're league, anyway…

Thanks for my morning laugh, I'm looking out my living room window at the Cove Forest and counting my blessings. So inspired now I think I might pedal out my back door for a couple minutes to go ride some world class pristine loam, maybe mix it up with some flow trails for good measure…

Enjoy Langley!!!!

Sept. 22, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

Burke is fun. The Shore is fun. Arguing about which is better is truly a first world problem.

Actually scratch that -- nobody should go to Burke. There's not enough flow.

Sept. 22, 2015, 3:15 p.m.

Looks like some people need to learn how to forgive.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 22, 2015, 4:57 p.m.

Looks like some people need to learn how to forgive.

Yeah, this is turning into a lee vs woodro kind of thing.

What they did sucked but continually bringing it up and posting that they moved to Langley (and the area they moved to) is kind of petty. The less attention given to these kinds of turds, the better. Perhaps they don't want the attention but others like that Vandeman guy DO crave the attention. Let's let the legal process do it's job and take the high road. Or it will just turn into another mountain bikers vs non-mountain bikers shit show.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 22, 2015, 6:04 p.m.

Boy this thread took a turn a turn into stupidville.

Sept. 22, 2015, 11:22 p.m.

isnt that what you hope for every time you click on the forum link?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Sept. 23, 2015, 10:01 a.m.

That a shot at me??!
I drop my gloves and my stick
Marty McSorely

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 23, 2015, 1:22 p.m.

That a shot at me??!
I drop my gloves and my stick
Marty McSorely

Whoa Mister sensitive, just an observation on how the thread went completely off topic….

Sept. 23, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

Whoa Mister sensitive, just an observation on how the thread went completely off topic….

Are you suggesting
I am sensitive milquetoast?
Stick up your dukes, pops.
:D

Wrong. Always.