The first e-bikes of the season riding up Mountain Highway

July 23, 2017, 11:21 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmuawNFp8Q

Skip to 3:00 for the sound bite

July 27, 2017, 12:50 a.m.

yo purists, where do you draw the line?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/polaris-debuts-fox-live-valve-electronic-suspension-system.html

July 27, 2017, 4:59 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/polaris-debuts-fox-live-valve-electronic-suspension-system.html

Looks like a big fancy gimbal for cars. I'm in.

July 27, 2017, 8:06 a.m.

sorry, what does that have to do with having a motor help you up hills?

July 27, 2017, 1:22 p.m.

High quality red herring there Mr. e-bike vendor.  Top marks.

July 27, 2017, 7:35 p.m.

An e-bike took my KOM climb a day or two ago.  Firmly in the against camp.

July 28, 2017, 2:19 p.m.

Full on 2stroke was riding up BLT on Cypress yest. I think that it started at the parking lot at 3rd switchback, headed up BLT past slippery. Next I saw it it was heading back up BLT again by Fern. Don't know how it got down between sightings.

Last edited by: Ddean on July 28, 2017, 2:20 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 30, 2017, 8:50 p.m.

A guy was ripping along the Seymour Valley Trailway today on an e-bike (which looked like a vintage WW2 era motorcycle) at speeds well above what the hardest pedalling roadie could do.  Completely inappropriate with families and little kids all over the road.  Annoyingly noisy too.  Also a couple of guys on "e" versions of these things:

July 31, 2017, 7:37 a.m.

Clearly, Armageddon is upon us.

Aug. 1, 2017, 6:16 p.m.

"War in the woods" Two wheeled devils are among us.

Thread killer

Aug. 2, 2017, 2:57 p.m.

Was up in Lynn headwaters last night for a trail run. As we were starting at the bridge by the caretakers house some guy came cranking along over the bridge on his street version ebike and ate it in the gravel.  Looks like the shitty bike riders are going to have a hard time riding these things when they already suck at riding bikes. I think the e-MTB is the least of society's worries. These things on the road are going to be deathtraps for newbies with very little bike handling skills.

we will see.......

Aug. 2, 2017, 11:23 p.m.

I've got an ebike.  I like it.  It's great for city commuting, logging roads, urban trails and general exploring.

The assist up hills is great as I'm not able to maintain bike shape all season as I'm simply busy.

I find the fun factor way higher vs traditional bikes.  I think more people need to give them a try before shunning them.

I would hope to have no issues if I decided to ride up Mountain Highway.  Just out for a fun ride.

Aug. 3, 2017, 12:48 p.m.

Posted by: thefishtailbites

I've got an ebike.  I like it.  It's great for city commuting, logging roads, urban trails and general exploring.

The assist up hills is great as I'm not able to maintain bike shape all season as I'm simply busy.

I find the fun factor way higher vs traditional bikes.  I think more people need to give them a try before shunning them.

I would hope to have no issues if I decided to ride up Mountain Highway.  Just out for a fun ride.

ALL of my bikes with a motor have been fun for the activities you mention above but alas due to them running on fossil fuels I don't have the luxury of flying under the radar in non-motorized trail networks.

No one is questioning if they are fun or not. I am certain they are fun after a short parking lot test. The question is should a motorized vehicle be allowed on Mountain bike / hiking trails? and if they are what are the repercussions as the technology inevitably turns to 50+kph with after market throttle applications etc. (most of which is available already according to pages 1-3)

Aug. 3, 2017, 4 p.m.

Posted by: thefishtailbites

I've got an ebike. I like it. It's great for city commuting, logging roads, urban trails and general exploring.

I find the fun factor way higher vs traditional bikes. I think more people need to give them a try before shunning them.

I would hope to have no issues if I decided to ride up Mountain Highway. Just out for a fun ride.

Ahhh the I'm too busy to stay in shape. Love that one......

Maybe you should get a Segway too. Too busy to stay in shape to walk.

welcome to Lamesville, population you.

Last edited by: bux-bux on Aug. 3, 2017, 4:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 3, 2017, 5:33 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux
Ahhh the I'm too busy to stay in shape. Love that one......
Maybe you should get a Segway too. Too busy to stay in shape to walk.
welcome to Lamesville, population you.

Sorry Lance, not every can be as cool as you.

Last edited by: syncro on Aug. 3, 2017, 5:34 p.m., edited 3 times in total.