Thanks to the North Van Fire Department and North Shore ambulance Service

June 25, 2005, 11:02 a.m.

On Thursday I broke my ankle on CBC :dead: . I wanted to give a shout out to the NVFD and Ambulance crew for coming in a getting me. Putting a call in to 911 is never good for our sport and I felt really guilty them having to come in and get me. I'm thinking of trying to start some sort of fundrasing thing so that we as mountain bikers can pay our part and look more favourable in the community.
Does anybody have any good ideas for us mountain bikers to raise some charity funds for the NVFD? :idea: I'm out of riding now for 5 @^[HTML_REMOVED]@*@[HTML_REMOVED] month's!!
:stupid:

June 25, 2005, 11:10 a.m.

5 months? Whoa, I'd go nuts. Here I am complaining about 6-8 weeks as if it were a lifetime. Hope the recovery goes well [HTML_REMOVED] good luck with the fundraising!

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 25, 2005, 11:10 a.m.

Where on CBC were you when it happened?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 25, 2005, 12:10 p.m.

im complaing 3 weeks ahhhhhh haha

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 25, 2005, 12:47 p.m.

yup 5 monthes… killer…. depression is worse then the pain right now…. I was supposed to be off to sunpeaks today. The accident happened after the large jump on the right half way through… I was hucking around a corner and jammed my ankle on the peddle. freak accident.

June 25, 2005, 1 p.m.

i broke my collarbone and sprained my ankle on boogeyman like 2 years ago when i rode shore, and i walked out. i walked down the stupid mountain. you can get taken out? shit.

gnarwhale. Tuff.

June 25, 2005, 11:16 p.m.

yup 5 monthes… killer…. depression is worse then the pain right now…. I was supposed to be off to sunpeaks today. The accident happened after the large jump on the right half way through… I was hucking around a corner and jammed my ankle on the peddle. freak accident.

I would take 5 months as the worst case scenario. Last summer I broke my ankle, chipped bone, broke my tibia, dislocated my ankle, and tore ligaments. The doctors told me 8 weeks till I was out of the cast, and at least 16 weeks until I was back to being able to do everything again lightly.

After 4 weeks I was walking while in the cast, at 5 weeks I was out of the cast and walking, 6 weeks I was back on my bike pedaling around the streets. By 8 weeks I was starting to get back into shape, and I think somewhere around the 10-11 week mark the doctor gave me the A-OK to do anything I wanted to again (within reason of course).

My tip is to go to this website. www.racingsmarter.com and find the stuff on broken ankles, do as much of the stuff in there as you can, as often as possible. I also picked up a big bottle of Omega 3's and something called Arnica. I don't actually know what the Arnica is, but I have great faith that it worked great. Both of those can be found at any health food store.

.243 Avengers :thepimp:
.243 Racing, Ridge Protective Gear

June 26, 2005, 8:04 a.m.

Good healin vibes. I rode past ya and told you the rescue crew was just behind me. Here is to a quick and speedy recovery :beer:

June 26, 2005, 8:09 a.m.

Park your butt at the top of CBC with a collection can for NSSR/NSMBA!

Pastor of Muppets

June 26, 2005, 10:13 a.m.

Thanks for the words of advice. I guess I also should thank the Mountain Bikers that helped out. This one guy Nick stayed with me pretty much the whole time and I didn't even know him. As welll someone else pushed my bike up the hill… it's stuff like that that makes me proud to be a local Mountain biker. I'm off to the health store to get those supplements… should go well with my Morphine! lol.
Ya and in terms of me parking my butt up at Seymour and asking for donations for the NSMBA sound like a plan… look for me with a 6 pack of beer and a lawn chair up at the top!
I've also decided to rent a old foogie scooter for the summer to rip around in! Going to get it all decaled up in beast gear decals!

Does anybody know how I can contact the guy's at Whistler with the 4 wheelers? 8)

June 26, 2005, 10:17 a.m.

anybody else with a broken ankle might be interested in this site courtsey of MIKEY.

http://www.racingsmarter.com/ankle.htm

June 26, 2005, 11:53 a.m.

you need one of these bad boys for your busted ankle

June 26, 2005, 12:39 p.m.

i broke my collarbone and sprained my ankle on boogeyman like 2 years ago when i rode shore, and i walked out. i walked down the stupid mountain. you can get taken out? shit.

I wish we still had that footage.
-Stu

always cheap but never free
Tuff DVD 8$

June 26, 2005, 2:48 p.m.

you need one of these bad boys for your busted ankle

HOw can I rent one!?

June 26, 2005, 5:24 p.m.

Is that you Gord?

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll