Thanks for the Help!

July 11, 2005, 10:42 a.m.

I just wanted to thank everybody who stopped and offered to help my buddy on Mt Seymour on Sunday. He had a crash on the road, heading down from the CBC lot to the CBC trail head. Unfortunately, we did not get the names of the people who did stop and help us, everybody seemed more concerned about my friends condition, than exchanging information. To the 2 mtn bikers in the white pick up truck, your help was invaluable, thanks for the cell phone call to 911 and helping keep my friend stable until the Fire Dept arrived. To the doctor and the first aid attendant, tourists I believe, thank you for your knowledge and time. I would also like to thank the Fire Dept, Ambulance Attendants, nurses and doctors for all their great work doing a difficult job.

My friend is OK, he ended up with a concussion and some bruising on the side of his body, but should be just fine with a few weeks of rest.

July 11, 2005, 10:51 a.m.

On the road? What happened?

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

July 11, 2005, 11:03 a.m.

That sucks. We ran into a guy with a broken collarbone when we were on the Huckwagon heading up to CBC on Saturday.

July 11, 2005, 1:16 p.m.

On the road? What happened?

I bet he tried to manual and flipped

July 11, 2005, 2:54 p.m.

To prevent any more speculation, I will tell you what happened.

He was looking down at his back wheel and ran into the back tire of a stationary rider at about 50km, then tumbled down the pavement, of course he was wearing a helmet, but the impact was extremely hard. He will be fine, but was out for 3 to 4 minutes, so he ended up spending the afternoon int he hospital.

July 11, 2005, 2:57 p.m.

To prevent any more speculation, I will tell you what happened.

He was looking down at his back wheel and ran into the back tire of a stationary rider at about 50km, then tumbled down the pavement, of course he was wearing a helmet, but the impact was extremely hard. He will be fine, but was out for 3 to 4 minutes, so he ended up spending the afternoon int he hospital.

Best to look forward when riding at 50km/h.

Healing vibes to your friend. Unlucky incident.

:hurt:

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

July 11, 2005, 3:03 p.m.

Good advice Jay, I think those are words he will never forget.

A freekish incident for sure, you must always be vigilant when you are riding your bike, trails, road or pathways, there are always things that can come up on you unexpectedly.

July 11, 2005, 3:08 p.m.

i have scared the shit out of my self a couple times on that road.. you dont realize how fast you get going and things just come up way to fast… or when you get pinning it so fast the hole bike is shaking.. oh my.. hahaha

Healin vibes to your buddy.. is the guy he hit ok?

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

July 11, 2005, 4:58 p.m.

I am OK, broke my big toe (again!) and some major road rash from the gravel on the shoulder of the road. I was lucky, I ended up bouncing off the far side of the ditch in some shrubs, but I never hit my head, although I do feel like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime.

July 11, 2005, 5:05 p.m.

I am OK, broke my big toe (again!) and some major road rash from the gravel on the shoulder of the road. I was lucky, I ended up bouncing off the far side of the ditch in some shrubs, but I never hit my head, although I do feel like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime.

Nothing like being run down by your buddies…:lol:

I have been crashed into and pushed off a cliff, run over, pushed out of a berm and pushed down a rock face.

I however have crashed into friends downed in a berm, caught in technical downhill sections and I even dropped the Ruddebegga rock drop onto an aquaintences bike. (Lets just say my v10 faired WAY better than the other bike)

sometimes you just get unlucky.

When driving anything though, I am sticking with "you should be looking where your going"

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein