team nsmb feeds bear

Dec. 2, 2008, 2:47 p.m.

so i was checkin out the team videos and see one where members of the team feed a bear human food and then think its hilarious.
its rather not funny at all, because it could lead to the bears death, if it continues to search out human food sources. I hope that cam and pete cant sort this out as supporting this action is close minded in the least. i also assume that its not something that the sponsors of the team would support.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Dec. 2, 2008, 3:02 p.m.

Uh Oh!

Dec. 2, 2008, 4:42 p.m.

hahahahaaha

Dec. 2, 2008, 5:14 p.m.

Save the Whales!

vimeo
Flickr

Dec. 2, 2008, 5:18 p.m.

free james brown!

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

Dec. 2, 2008, 5:27 p.m.

I'll take a James Brown, please.

Dec. 2, 2008, 6:01 p.m.

that wasn't a bear, its was only cam without a shirt on.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 2, 2008, 6:31 p.m.

Norco sucks because they let Boyko build wherever he wants…..

Join SIMBS and help mountain biking on the Rock

Get out of the way, freedom's coming through!

Dec. 2, 2008, 7:30 p.m.

Seriously, feeding a bear is dumb as shit, even if you don't care about bears. Feeding them makes them dangerous to humans and pets as well.

Reminds me of the story that a buddy used to tell from when he was a Parks Warden in jasper: "No sir, covering your toddler's hand with honey in order to get a cute photo is not a safe thing to do. In fact, I will probably have to kill that bear soon and it' entirely your fault. Enjoy the rest of your visit and PLEASE read this wildlife safety brochure."

I would feel so dumb if it weren't for all the stupid people out there.

Dec. 2, 2008, 8:22 p.m.

so i was checkin out the team videos and see one where members of the team feed a bear human food and then think its hilarious.
its rather not funny at all, because it could lead to the bears death, if it continues to search out human food sources. I hope that cam and pete cant sort this out as supporting this action is close minded in the least. i also assume that its not something that the sponsors of the team would support.

Completely agree, definitely NOT a smart move on their part…

Remember the good old parks quotation: "A fed bear is a dead bear"

Dec. 2, 2008, 9:39 p.m.

You guys are dead right. Not a smart move and not one we approve of to be sure.

We've already had a conversation about this. I imagine one of the boys will chime in as well.

Dec. 2, 2008, 9:47 p.m.

Well at least the video was pulled Thanks Cam.Feeding that bear was not a good thing to do as we are supposed to show the world we are smarter than that.We do not want bears chasing down mountain bikers for snacks

Dec. 2, 2008, 10:02 p.m.

I can see a non-local doing something like that, but not a resident. C'mon guys, we all know about this kinda stuff. Anybody from around here knows better [HTML_REMOVED] I'm surprised to see it on vid.

Thread killer

Dec. 2, 2008, 10:24 p.m.

im surprised it took this long for someone to make a thread about it

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 2, 2008, 10:29 p.m.

In their defense at least they were far away from the bear, and simply left a chicken carcass in the middle of the area and filmed from afar as a bear appears and eats it. The bear probably wont associate the chicken carcass with people or with houses, cities, civilization etc.

It is not all that different from simply watching a scavenging bear eat a random animal carcass that naturally occurred.

That said obviously it is not a good idea to feed bears in general, and i think it is good the video was taken down so people don't imitate it in an unsafe way.