TAP - Optional Lines

Dec. 7, 2012, 11:25 a.m.

Boogie Man has double black diamond sections. May i suggest that the entrance of the trail has a warning sighn stating that there are elevated log rides with no alternative lines? May i suggest that you walk your bike over such structures.

There are hundreds of trails to ride on the North shore. Ride trails that match your riding level and style that you enjoy. Please dont take dogs down double black diamond trails unless you are certain your dog is capable of doing so. You are responsible for your dogs safety.
The North shore [used to] have a reputation as being double black diamond status. Yes we must build trails for newbies and peeps that lack the skill to do double black diamond trails.
If we dumb down the D.B.D. trails,the North Shore looses its legendary status! Lower Boogie, Empress,The wood on Coiler, The wood on Prangor, Millenium log on CBC ect,ect,ect. These are what define the "North Shore style" of trail. I believe it is in every ones best interest to preserve this style of trail to keep riders travelling from all over the world to sample this style of trail. Tourist dollars are good for North shore infrastructure. The double black diamond symbol is recognized universally. If some one sees that symbol at the trail head they are "supposed" to be responsible and not ride over there head.
In my opinion flowy trails are actualy more dangerous as one can ride such trails at a much faster speed. Tech Knar chundery trails cant be ridden fast. Yes im an old f.ck and i love the sick tech trails.
On a different mountain there is a trail called Braaaap. I would love to see a North shore trail built the same way. Jerry get out your shovel I have a project for you! Just kiddin…….A man can dream cant he?

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Dec. 7, 2012, 7:17 p.m.

Boogie Man has double black diamond sections. May i suggest that the entrance of the trail has a warning sighn stating that there are elevated log rides with no alternative lines? May i suggest that you walk your bike over such structures.

There are hundreds of trails to ride on the North shore. Ride trails that match your riding level and style that you enjoy. Please dont take dogs down double black diamond trails unless you are certain your dog is capable of doing so. You are responsible for your dogs safety.
The North shore [used to] have a reputation as being double black diamond status. Yes we must build trails for newbies and peeps that lack the skill to do double black diamond trails.
If we dumb down the D.B.D. trails,the North Shore looses its legendary status! Lower Boogie, Empress,The wood on Coiler, The wood on Prangor, Millenium log on CBC ect,ect,ect. These are what define the "North Shore style" of trail. I believe it is in every ones best interest to preserve this style of trail to keep riders travelling from all over the world to sample this style of trail. Tourist dollars are good for North shore infrastructure. The double black diamond symbol is recognized universally. If some one sees that symbol at the trail head they are "supposed" to be responsible and not ride over there head.
In my opinion flowy trails are actualy more dangerous as one can ride such trails at a much faster speed. Tech Knar chundery trails cant be ridden fast. Yes im an old f.ck and i love the sick tech trails.
On a different mountain there is a trail called Braaaap. I would love to see a North shore trail built the same way. Jerry get out your shovel I have a project for you! Just kiddin…….A man can dream cant he?

I think that was your best effort at constructing sentences and paragraphs yet! good job.

diggin

Dec. 7, 2012, 8:45 p.m.

Since when did it become a mandate of the NSMBA to make trails dog freindly?
If you or your dog can do a trail feature don't ride there.
Optional lines are just that.
If they are existing and need a tune up thats one thing.
To expect optional lines is not very realistic.

Mathew, Mark and the NSMBA board have done years of work to maintain what we have.
It would appear the real work has been done in the meetings with land managers and not on the trails.
Mathew has layed out the order in which the work is prioritised based on these meetings.

It would appear the boys need a pat on the back.
Excellent work guys and gals, keep it up.

If the Mountain bike trails are not dog friendly enough you should be riding your bike on dog walking trails.

Dec. 7, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

If I was being angry about dog access would I really describe her as my "poor lickle puppy wuppy"? I merely pointed out that a feature isn't in the greatest of condition and while it should be left in place, maybe it would be possible to cut a pussy line back to Pangor as the trail is close by. The log isn't going to last forever. Along come accusations of joking and the usual willy waving, with only one person coming up with useful info as to why the situation there is not easy to resolve. So I decided to piss about….

May i suggest that the entrance of the trail has a warning sighn stating that there are elevated log rides with no alternative lines?

Is there a sign there now or not? I did suggest that earlier in the thread but it seemed to have got lost in the c0ck waving. I can't remember a sign pre-TAP and the other day I just dropped in without looking as I knew the trail (other than the log condition worsening).

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 7, 2012, 10:47 p.m.

If I was being angry about dog access would I really describe her as my "poor lickle puppy wuppy"? I merely pointed out that a feature isn't in the greatest of condition and while it should be left in place, maybe it would be possible to cut a pussy line back to Pangor as the trail is close by. The log isn't going to last forever. Along come accusations of joking and the usual willy waving, with only one person coming up with useful info as to why the situation there is not easy to resolve. So I decided to piss about….

Is there a sign there now or not? I did suggest that earlier in the thread but it seemed to have got lost in the c0ck waving. I can't remember a sign pre-TAP and the other day I just dropped in without looking as I knew the trail (other than the log condition worsening).

A long time ago there was a minor bushwhack (near that awful roll to right hander into a canoe) over to Pangor before their shared swamp sections.

There was or is a nsmba sign marking trail classification at the head of the trail.

…..and for the record, there is the possibility of a sweet alternate ending if you head west before the logride……I ve scoped and flagged it about 8 years ago….someone should get on that.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 8, 2012, 7:57 a.m.

A long time ago there was a minor bushwhack (near that awful roll to right hander into a canoe) over to Pangor before their shared swamp sections.

There was or is a nsmba sign marking trail classification at the head of the trail.

…..and for the record, there is the possibility of a sweet alternate ending if you head west before the logride……I ve scoped and flagged it about 8 years ago….someone should get on that.

Thanks for the info (I'm firing blanks….). I couldn't help but smirk when I read that there used to be a pussy line back when everyone was manualling across the log on VPSs. A minor bushwack was all I was visualizing.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 8, 2012, 9:11 a.m.

Thanks for the info (I'm firing blanks….). I couldn't help but smirk when I read that there used to be a pussy line back when everyone was manualling across the log on VPSs. A minor bushwack was all I was visualizing.

It was easier and faster to ride tools and buckets down pangor. That's what the bushwhack was for.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 8, 2012, 10:19 a.m.

Searching I found this pic, no idea what is there now. I'm sure this one has been replaced.

Dec. 8, 2012, 12:15 p.m.

Almost everybody here wants the same thing (a healthy mix of flow and tech trails) and yet everyone wants to argue anyway. As Jerry stated, it must be December.

Anyway. As long as a trail feature is walkable, it shouldn't need a ride-around. If it's not walkable, it needs one because people are going to end up on it that shouldn't, and even many people who usually ride it are going to have off-days sometimes.

What's the big deal again?

Dec. 8, 2012, 2:10 p.m.

As Jerry stated, it must be December.….
What's the big deal again?

It's Dec. 8 and it seems that almost all of The Shore is still very much rideable. I don't know how it could get any better…I've never had a bike season last longer than late October, let alone still amazing in December.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Dec. 8, 2012, 3:37 p.m.

All Shore, All Time…. Not many places on the planet where you can build and ride all year long!!!

It's Dec. 8 and it seems that almost all of The Shore is still very much rideable. I don't know how it could get any better…I've never had a bike season last longer than late October, let alone still amazing in December.

Dec. 8, 2012, 8:18 p.m.

We're not going to provide every type of trail experience on a single trail. But we can work towards a trail network that has options for everyone.

while i agree with this i think it possible to provide more than one type of trail experience on some trails.

to that end has the nsmba done a trail inventory and used that to decide how the TAP projects will progress, ie a master plan? is there a plan or at least idea in place for each trail to dictate it's future such as trail x becoming more flowy and trail y staying more technical or is it simply decided as you go?

i think knowing this information may alleviate concerns amongst some riders that all trails that get TAP'd are going to get buffed and bermed.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 8, 2012, 9:38 p.m.

while i agree with this i think it possible to provide more than one type of trail experience on some trails.

to that end has the nsmba done a trail inventory and used that to decide how the TAP projects will progress, ie a master plan? is there a plan or at least idea in place for each trail to dictate it's future such as trail x becoming more flowy and trail y staying more technical or is it simply decided as you go?

i think knowing this information may alleviate concerns amongst some riders that all trails that get TAP'd are going to get buffed and bermed.

This

Dec. 21, 2012, 9:27 p.m.

I really should have put 5 winky's or some dancing icon next to my "what people still ride boogie?" comment as it was an obvious trolling joke comment.

I personally don't ride Boogie, it's been so long all I can kinda remember about the trail is drops to flat and one steep tech rock face move.

You're back-pedalling over the wrong guy. Relax a little.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Dec. 22, 2012, 2:22 p.m.

The log on boogeyman.
diggers idea of shingles is a great way to add traction.it also has another benefit, it creates a weather barrier on top of the log that will extend the logs life.
there is a log on gmg that had shingles for traction and it stood the test of time far better than any of the other woodwork.

as for the alternate lines
doesn't the person using the tools get to decide if they are going to build one.
Dave