TAP - Optional Lines

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

Wow people actually still ride Boogieman?

Yes, it's verrry hard to believe but not all riders are huge fans of flow trails of gold. There are still some who enjoy riding steep tech gnar ugly stuff on their 8" travel DH sleds.

Thread killer

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:19 p.m.

Yes, it's verrry hard to believe but not all riders are huge fans of flow trails of gold. There are still some who enjoy riding steep tech gnar ugly stuff on their 8" travel DH sleds.

Fuckin A… i cant help but think that the last part of this thread sounds more like a buncha whiners complaining about their skillz regressing and being all grumpy cuz there's no PUSSY line to accomodate their arthritic knees and nerves of rusty steel…. you know whats on Boogie - if ya cant hack it don't ride it fer cris sakes. Theres a sickish sense of entitlement going on here … people almost demanding that a trail be dumbed down (ya i said it - dumbed down) to accomodate their unwillingness or inability to ride a structure.
That log aint a death ride - if ya fall off you get all wet and end up smelling kinda like dogs ass… too bad. No one complains about Diggers Heron Pond on Ladies do they ?? No - and that log is way harder to ride. Everyone willfully gets off their bike and walks it if they dont feel like getting wet. Can you imagine someone bitching that there no pussy line around the log and teeter?? No way - that would be blasphemy….all trails should get the same level of respect - even boogie (which is an awesome LEGENDARY trail).

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:32 p.m.

Fuckin A… i cant help but think that the last part of this thread sounds more like a buncha whiners complaining about their skillz regressing and being all grumpy cuz there's no PUSSY line to accomodate their arthritic knees and nerves of rusty steel…. you know whats on Boogie - if ya cant hack it don't ride it fer cris sakes. Theres a sickish sense of entitlement going on here … people almost demanding that a trail be dumbed down (ya i said it - dumbed down) to accomodate their unwillingness or inability to ride a structure.
That log aint a death ride - if ya fall off you get all wet and end up smelling kinda like dogs ass… too bad. No one complains about Diggers Heron Pond on Ladies do they ?? No - and that log is way harder to ride. Everyone willfully gets off their bike and walks it if they dont feel like getting wet. Can you imagine someone bitching that there no pussy line around the log and teeter?? No way - that would be blasphemy….all trails should get the same level of respect - even boogie (which is an awesome LEGENDARY trail).

Word!

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:42 p.m.

I agree 100% and I'm one of them. You just have to know where to ride. Are you implying that TAP has changed that?

:canada:

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:42 p.m.

Fuckin A… i cant help but think that the last part of this thread sounds more like a buncha whiners complaining about their skillz regressing and being all grumpy cuz there's no PUSSY line to accomodate their arthritic knees and nerves of rusty steel….

I think you'll find it's the old bastards that like the gnarly stuff the most.

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:50 p.m.

I agree 100% and I'm one of them. You just have to know where to ride. Are you implying that TAP has changed that?

I'm sure he's just mocking Shirk. Who will no doubt respond by casually mentioning how he rides secret trails.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:51 p.m.

holy crap dude remove the chip

Dec. 6, 2012, 10 p.m.

Must be winter…

Dec. 6, 2012, 10:16 p.m.

In response to the Boogieman swamp log comments:

There are no plans for a ride around. It is a double black trail, and these type of features are to be expected.

If the log is slippery, I'd suggest everyone take a wire brush and a rag out on their next ride and scrub a few feet of the log clean. Worked wonders on my slippery stairs.

Dec. 6, 2012, 10:16 p.m.

But you didn't see the look of concern on my poor lickle puppy wuppies face as I tried to get her to keep going along the log. :dog:

Before my knees gave way and my teeth fell out I used to ride the Ladies log. It's only a couple of feet from the 'ground' and the tricky section is maybe 5ft long? It's also piss easy to walk across, as in the last few years I've discovered. There's no comparison IMHO.

In all seriousness, I think cycling is an inclusive hobby, not a c0ck waving exercise. I mean come on, you're just riding a bicycle along a plank of wood….big fucking deal!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 6, 2012, 10:18 p.m.

In response to the Boogieman swamp log comments:

There are no plans for a ride around. It is a double black trail, and these type of features are to be expected.

If the log is slippery, I'd suggest everyone take a wire brush and a rag out on their next ride and scrub a few feet of the log clean. Worked wonders on my slippery stairs.

OK cool. Squamish isn't far away.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 7, 2012, 5:20 a.m.

Are you implying that TAP has changed that?

holy crap dude remove the chip

If you're not with him,You're against him.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 7, 2012, 7:55 a.m.

I'm signing out of this to do some bobsled laps brahs, but I just want to thank dkl for his positive and reasoned comments as I can't rep him.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 7, 2012, 8:24 a.m.

If you're not with him,You're against him.

Freedom hater

Dec. 7, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

I'm sure he's just mocking Shirk. Who will no doubt respond by casually mentioning how he rides secret trails.

I really should have put 5 winky's or some dancing icon next to my "what people still ride boogie?" comment as it was an obvious trolling joke comment.

I personally don't ride Boogie, it's been so long all I can kinda remember about the trail is drops to flat and one steep tech rock face move.